Kayak Gun - Air Pistol vs Salt Water?!

Well, you definitely want a compact gun (between your legs in the cockpit), and aluminum or “non corrosion” materials because of the salt water. I live by the sea, and also bring airguns with me in the kayak now and then.
Anyhow you have to clean the gun after use, and I also use a layer of WD40 on the metal parts/screw heads before exposing the gun to the salty air.
4405ED40-CE75-4DD5-8A3A-656EC6E8B6BC.jpeg

Reactions: mr_nom_noms_
Well, you definitely want a compact gun (between your legs in the cockpit), and aluminum or “non corrosion” materials because of the salt water. I live by the sea, and also bring airguns with me in the kayak now and then.
Anyhow you have to clean the gun after use, and I also use a layer of WD40 on the metal parts/screw heads before exposing the gun to the salty air.
View attachment 315580

Yeah my sig needs attention after each trip. I'm a 'buy once cry once' kind of guy but there's the urge to get a beater too for this job.

We go out in the gulf or Atlantic almost every weekend. This is my 7 foot tarpon this summer. Note the fishing rod is snapped in half lol

Screenshot_20221221-065545_Instagram.jpg

My friend Shaun with a nice stingray

Screenshot_20221221_070600.jpg

Reactions: tywynn
They are selling quickly. Probably sell out by tonight. I'd order one and if you hate it you can resell it for the 200$ you're paying. Lol
I ordered one. Damn $212.99 with code OTD including tax and free shipping. Can't complain!

Won't feel bad if it gets a little salty either.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Last edited:
I lived at the beach in Florida for years. Now I live in the swamp in Florida, just a few miles from the beach. My 1322 tackle box gun looks like an artifact because of all the rust. Salt, sand, and water will do a number on any gun but PCPs have got to be the most vulnerable. I carry a cheap, sawed off, Crosman springer in my canoe for a squirrel hunting boat gun. If you take it on a boat be prepared for it to end up slopping around in the bilge.
Plan for the worst. Hope for the best.

I lived at the beach in Florida for years. Now I live in the swamp in Florida, just a few miles from the beach. My 1322 tackle box gun looks like an artifact because of all the rust. Salt, sand, and water will do a number on any gun but PCPs have got to be the most vulnerable. I carry a cheap, sawed off, Crosman springer in my canoe for a squirrel hunting boat gun. If you take it on a boat be prepared for it to end up slopping around in the bilge.
Plan for the worst. Hope for the best.
Yes the salt water and humidity is a killer of things for sure.

I have a gamo springer which was cheap. May saw the stock off and shorten the barrel. I won't cry if that gets rusty