JSB rebranded pellets...the truth.

PyramidAir, Airgun Depot, Krale and Trenier all do a great job packaging and I am sure there are others but these are the ones I have used.

Amazon and Midway are the worst. thrown in a bag loosely, bent and damaged is how to expect them.
I just flat out avoid any purchase from amazon,,,, or bud light :LOL:

Oh, you’re right. My apologies for being argumentative. I guess it was the “8-10+ cents” claim that had me bewildered. A statement which had no constraints on caliber so it could have been construed as .30 cal and above, but I guess I boxed you in a little with the “are you talking big bore?” question. I want to give credit where credit is due…you have managed to make it to 8 cents by buying the largest small bore caliber in the least favorable way possible. Can you now put a bow on this by scouring for a way to push it up over the 10 cent mark to substantiate your initial claim of 10+ cents? At that point, you deserve the satisfaction of running a victory lap while I hang my head in shame for having been owned in front of my peers.

I made an open statement that pellet costs have risen to 8-10 cents a round that you interperted how YOU wanted, creating context that made the statement inaccurate, I find it very bewildering indeed.

Is the statement false? If you add in all JSB offered pellets combined, and then averaged the cost, what do you get? Or is that approach not reasonable? What context do you want to put it in Jason, of course you want to put it in the one that makes me out to be wrong...Lol, childish af, grow up. As I said I don't know why you woke up today and chose to debate over a few pennies on face value of pellets...I hope you have a good day though regardless, you have proven you aren't going to let it go. You also showed some colors I hadn't seen before, thanks for that.

-Matt

$83.91 divide by 1400 pellets = 0.0599
350/tin x 4 = 1400 pellets

Jeff bozos yellow symbol of how he loves ya

$83.91 / 1200 = .069925 Pre tax
300/tin x4 = 1200 pellets

These are 33.95's which is what I shoot...again this is BULK, 7 cents for BULK, my statement was for face value not volume pricing...keep trying to twist things into context that fits your agenda though.

1685042116421.png

Single tin = 300 pellets for .0864 a pellet....zzzzzzz

Last edited:
View attachment 359237

BEFORE taxes its still 7 cents a round in bulk @ treiner outdoors, after tax its .75 cents a round.....sheesh, this applies to 25.4 and 33.95 gr.

Some people should do their own research before spewing their thoughts that only big bores cost in the neighborhood of 8-10 cents a round. You could offer an apology, or just remain silent and build resentment over such a trivial matter...
I was using your quote, but it seems that you are fluid in your discourse.
Matt were you a member before, but now are under a new user name? just to be transparent.

who orders mail delivered single tins,,, geees shipping for 4 tins is $16 while your single tin postage is $8.95,,,

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy
I made an open statement that pellet costs have risen to 8-10 cents a round that you interperted how YOU wanted,
False.

I made no such assumption or interpretation. I asked if you were talking about big bore pellets, and asked in good faith because no one is spending 10+ cents per pellet for small bore pellets. And I asked with the intent of steering you toward a less expensive alternative if somehow you were overpaying.

So where are these .25 cal JSBs you’ve been paying over 10 cents each? That seems to be an assertion you’ve lost interest in substantiating.

AGN members, this is Joe of Predator/JSB. First off, the letter that I am posting is from JSB. I asked several people close to Predator to post the letter, too. The signature is Pavel's. The letter was created to dispell what is being said in the airgun world. Now I know this letter will be received differently. It, in no means, is meant to divide airgunners. If you have questions, concerns, or anything just call Predator (303-761-1236), and talk to us.

I ask that you ask not be negative, and just take the letter for what it is. Again, it's only meant to inform.

Sincerely,

Joe Iturralde
Predator/JSB

View attachment 358804

My education is in Multimedia and Communication and in my opinion this letter comes of as very arrogant, accusatory and petty.
It's a lose lose situation because you don't even name anyone but at the same time it would have been bad if you had named someone.
"Influencers" can affect many things and even ruin a company, so directly or even indirectly attacking one can lead to their followers boycotting your products.
This is not something that should have been published to the public, you should have contacted everyone that you have proof of spreading the opinion that FX JSB is better than JSB and simply asked they why they believe this and then proposed a way for them to test it to set the record straight.

We are in a new age where if you want to correct an error the best and cheapest way to do so is by making a funny viral video, this way you promote your brand, correct an error and can show that you as a company care about the customers.

Here is my elevator pitch: You should have made a 2 minute video. Owner of JSB should be walking into an elevator, pushes a "secret testing lab" button, camera zooms to his upper body, he starts saying something like "It has come to our attention that some people believe that putting a brand logo on one of our products somehow affects it's performance". Elevator opens, person gets out, takes of jacket and puts on a white scientist coat and walks into a room where strange experiments are taking place (think early bond movies when Bond enters Qs lab).
He then says "Here at JSB we are always looking for ways to improve our products so our top scientists are now researching this claim".
He then steps up to a few booths where they are performing experiments.
One could be slapping logos onto cans with names similar to famous brands or blurred logos where you can figure out the logo put on it. Brands could be sports cars or other high performance brands. One person should be doodling his own logo with crayons that looks like something a 5 years old would put on the fridge with a magnet.
One could be a line of priests from different religions blessing a can of JSB pellets, the last one is a voodoo priest chanting some dark magic and the can slowly starting to move. Camera zooms the presenters face looking with a very animated expression with raised eyebrow before turning to the camera and continuing.
He now walks past a line of shooters with shot counters above their stations, could be 1000-15 000 shots for most and 100 000+ for a full auto guy.
"Through rigorous and extensive testing over the last couple of months we believe we are now ready to show our findings".
He is then presented with a sheet that basically states that a sticker on a JSB can does not affect performance in any way but voodoo cursed pellets need more test subjects.
Then you show a 10 second short of pellets being put into cans and different stickers being put on them. The final voiceover says something like "JSB provides the top performance and quality you have come to expect" whilst zooming out showing different types of JSB cans, from one corner a can is pushed into view with the crayon doodled logo on it and presenter says "regardless of what sticker is on the can".

A short like this would be shared by pretty much everyone in the airgun hobby, it would be funny and informative, people could post reaction videos or livestream reactions. One of the most effective marketing techniques is to make people laugh and any message attached to it sticks much better than some boring notice or infomercial.

Well lets be honest. As long as JSB don’t go woke, they won’t see a boycott. JSB customers pick JSB because they are the best, not because somebody posts great videos using JSB. H&N is a contender too, but JSB is clearly a winning pellet. We don’t care about no stinking letters or influencers, i don’t even know who we are talking about

Dont address fx or tebrands but just a extra read

Reactions: drpietrzak
From my observation, FX pellets are generally cleaner, have a nicer coat of wax, and less mangled skirts compared to JSB. The skirt design is the same for the last 12 tins of FX pellets purchased months apart from different venders whereas I get different skirt design each time I purchase JSB pellets. Kind of frustrating in this regard because the point of impact changes and had to re zero the gun each time when opening a new tin of JSB pellets with different skirt design. Some skirt design are more accurate than others as well. My gun likes both JSB and FX pellets but both have different point of impact and can't be used interchangeably without re zero the gun. I buy FX pellets more often for the reason of consistency alone. JSB just got too many different die at various stages of wear.

$83.91 / 1200 = .069925 Pre tax
300/tin x4 = 1200 pellets

These are 33.95's which is what I shoot...again this is BULK, 7 cents for BULK, my statement was for face value not volume pricing...keep trying to twist things into context that fits your agenda though.

View attachment 359243

Single tin = 300 pellets for .0864 a pellet....zzzzzzz
i have to ask . Why would anyone buy 1 tin and pay $8.95 shipping ? IF i am buying a small quantity . i go back and keep adding tins till the shipping cost go's up then subtract a tin to keep shipping @ $8.95 for say 4 tins not just one .

I always buy enough tins with each order to both maximize the number of free tins and also get free shipping. I’ll then add a coupon code just for good measure :)

So I usually end up getting 12 tins with each order, and saving quite a bit of money. My .22 pellets usually end up costing around $0.03 each. Batch consistency is also a bonus when ordering like this.