HW/Weihrauch If i could only keep one air rifle...

My one true love is an early to5 34 in .22. It's been arh'd and vorteked and i've lost count of the squirrels and other vermin it has demised over the years. It eats premiers like candy and just seems to get better each time i take it out. I suppose it will let me down some day, but not today.
Have the same in .177. Excellent guns.

yes and quite affordable. No other gun delivers that much airgun for a price like that. In 2017 came those 35 c(ommemorative) which are the model 31..38 action part but specially beautiful ones, full metal except trigger guard and end cap, the stock much like the old mod. 36.
And in between I think this gun already does better at 0.22" than at 0.177". Maybe I'll go for the bigger barrel caliber some day.

Have the same in .177. Excellent guns.

My one true love is an early to5 34 in .22. It's been arh'd and vorteked and i've lost count of the squirrels and other vermin it has demised over the years. It eats premiers like candy and just seems to get better each time i take it out. I suppose it will let me down some day, but not today.
At what power do you run your 34's?

easy choice then.
Never had one. It's quoted to be the finest springpowered airgun at all. Sort of a refined spin-off of the Weihrauch 77.
Nevertheless I'd choose the new 77k not because it's better but it's more beautiful and has not that annoying beartrap.
But then it was the 85 instead in the last minute. Breakbarrels are cooler.

Reactions: drpietrzak
Those historic 124 FWB and BSF 70 have their own charm. No plastic at all. Everything seems to be made as well as possible and not from the price point of view.
If I had one of these most probably I'd join in. What I like about the Diana 35 c is that it is very much this old style, plain and simple (I'd like it even more with the and great pre-T01 -10- parts-trigger) but that it's available now for an unbelievable price.
And some new invention is an improvement, quite strange so. The cocking link screw is just an M5 sitting in a hardened steel tube. The coolest link fixing I ever met. And the ball barrel release goes much smoother than the Weihrauch wedges (except the 35 which is the smoothest of all).

Many things cannot be properly explained. When I unboxed the 35c in 2018 and held it for the first time something happened. It wouldn't get off my hand, like the perfect balance, don't know really. The HW85 is better at most regards,(the regards of matter) exactly the same weight and length but I prefer the 35c

Last edited:
me too. back then was Testors cement and little enamel bottles. now days we have so many nice airbrushes and paint options.

my current projectā€¦..
NICE! Looking good, hope to see an update when it's done.

A few of mine can be see at our local IPMS chapter's gallery page here:

NICE! Looking good, hope to see an update when it's done.

A few of mine can be see at our local IPMS chapter's gallery page here:
Beautiful work! Always interesting to see the airgun-scale modeler crossover. My latest build-

thumbnail_panzer-III-2.jpg

A fun little video for you guys and gals. Wondering what your pick would be...?
I started with a Benjamin Trail NP .22 which I gave to my son and then I got a HW95L .22 which is my only air rifle now. I enjoy plinking off the back deck and chasing that elusive MOA at 25 yards.

xdtTXHUh.jpg

My old FWB 124D, not the smoothest shooting, not the best trigger, accuracy, well at my age now it shoots better than I can. This one because it is what I started with back in early 1975, no other reason. Others are smoother, better shooting at least off a bench, but it is the one I keep going back to.
Shot mine today. Great little rifle, Biggest issue for me is off hand because of the short (13ā€) LOP. Mine is the Euro/121 stock. I assume LOP for the Deluxe is longer, if nothing else because it has a butt pad. Iā€™m learning to adjust.

Reactions: fishing43