@MrP: I can attest to Manny filling the GK1 without much effort and seemed like it only took a couple minutes at best! I believe the pumps he has was also bought on amazon at a very reasonable price.
I have no doubts whatsoever, I just have two hand pumps that won’t do it with a 175 person wearing a 20 pound backpack. One of the pumps is easier than the other and I suspect both of them are harder than they need to be.

I’ve got to find a better hand pump… One of mine I can only get up to about 280 bar. The new one I can easily get to 300 but then it just stops. None of the ones I see claim to go above 310 bar/4500 pai except for the huben (and some inaccurately marketed ones at Walmart.com).
My generic chinese cheap pump did work to 350, but the o-rings are too soft and it failed after several fills. It still pumps, but the staging doesn't work anymore. I think it needs higher shore o-rings.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrP
Way back on page 91, loading gates were briefly discussed. I had posted a picture of this push-button gate for sale in the AGN classifieds.
Knowing that seating pellets/slugs isn't for everyone, I've had no problems seating the pellets in my Hubens as per Gregor Kamensek's recommendation.
I'm happy with Jake's design & execution. It certainly speeds up the process and I don't need to handle a separate tool.
He uses 3 magnets to hold the pivoting gate closed. Very secure. The hinge is robust & everything fits perfectly. The simpler uni-gate is for those who don't seat.

Screenshot_20240109_204630_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
Great thing about using my EunJin pellets is that I have no need to seat them since they basically are the exact length of the magazine,....how lucky was that ?

A GTA member made me a jig long time ago to cut the tip off so they could fit the Evanix magazines, and major strike of luck now the fit perfectly the Huben magazine too....gotta love that coincidence.

Reactions: Shoothabreez
In this world of overpriced airguns, I still think the Huben pistol is well worth its price.
I agree. If a person could only afford one PCP gun, the Huben GK1 should be a candidate. For 1250 bucks, you have an accurate, powerful pistol. For less than 50 bucks, you can make a stock and have a powerful, accurate short rifle. The rifle-like accuracy and power of the GK1 make it two weapons in one. In my opinion, it is one helluva of a deal. I'm not even mentioning the awesome, super easy-to-adjust power, from love taps to lethal blows, efficiency, lightweight etc. :cool:

I just skimmed all the posts from the last month or so and to me the GK1 is getting waaaaay more love and attention than the K1 did and the mods people are doing with these are very exiciting to see. I sold my K1 while I waited for my GK1 preorder to arrive. I'm just a backyard shooter and have an FX M3 Compact rifle so the GK1 makes more sense for semi auto target plinking. I'm very used to the non-removable mag reloading after shooitng at least 15k rounds through the K1, my Gk1 has seen about 2k thus far. I started filling my guns from a CF tank for convenience so my pressures max at 4500psi and is down to about 4k PSI the last few fills. That's good for at least 5 low power mags with CHPs, Baracudas, and JSB 18.3s. I think I got like 20+ mags per fill with the K1, was hard to keep track but that's a very small sacrifice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nutcracker
Well, I received my aluminum speed loader gate yesterday from Ares with much anticipation. I love the look and finish very much, but I must report that I'm disappointed with a couple of things.
The hinge joint is very loose when open, as mentioned by a member earlier in this thread. I removed the pin and knurled it a little which helped quite a bit.
But the main issue I've experienced is that the gate is not long enough, and does not cover all three magazine holes completely. The third hole on the bottom of the mag is exposed enough to allow the pellet to move back exposing the skirt. The skirt then hits the frame as the mag rotates bending it, or potentially causing a jam.This happened to me several times within two mags, especially if the gun is pointed a little upwards.
So, sadly I asked Zach if I could return it for a refund. He responded quickly and was very cooperative. He issued a refund and told me to keep it. He also suggested that I shouldn't use light pellets, and that I should seat them to avoid this issue.
I shared with him that I respectfully don't agree with his advice about pellet type, and am confident a slightly longer design, (just like the injection molded one I have), would solve that issue completely.
And maybe some tighter tolerances on the hinge joint would help eliminate the slop, but I know that can be tricky when dealing with metal, vs
composites.
So the conclusion for me is that the injection molded version from "Airgun Tactical" has the best overall design an aesthetics to date.

All of the above is of course just my personal opinion, and is worth every cent you paid for it!
Have fun.
Scott
Well damn. I just used my GK1 with the Ares loading gate and a JSB pellet literally fell out while shooting upward. I agree that seating pellets should not be required nor should I be required to use “heavy” pellets.

The picture below shows the issue mid cycle.

IMG_1917.jpeg

I just fired off a magazine in the basement shooting at around 34FPE with 33.9 grain FX pellets. At the end of the magazine I was still on the upslope part of the curve and it was the most gentle upslope everything right around 650 to 659 ft. per second.

I need to work on my target shooting before anything I say about accuracy should be taken seriously, but I find the open sights to be a breeze to adjust, and I’m shooting this thing more accurately than any other pistols I have had standing braced and off hand. I really have not developed skills to counteract the off angle forces that can occur when pulling a stiff trigger. With this trigger mechanism, there can be so little resistance and it is very uniform… for me, this gun is “more accurate” in the sense that his design eliminates some issues and makes it much easier for a noob, since I really can focus now just on breathing, timing, holdover, consistent use of the sight picture or whatever you call it.