Huben Huben pistol ammo choice.

Earlier I made some slugs for Kelly. Initially he said the gk1 magazines and the k1 magazines were the same. On my 2021 .25 cal, I made some slugs that worked but needed a tool to be seated because they encounter resistance when they meet the rifling. I can make them shorter and lighter to negate this problem but I wanted a slug that could be max length and weight and still seat with no tool needed. So I ordered a new die that I have just received but haven't managed to use yet. Anyway, when my gk1 arrived, I tried making a max length slug for it with my 1st die to confirm that it has the same magazine issue as the rifle, but it doesn't. They slide right in at max length. Will test both slugs and see which the pistol prefers. One is a hollow point similar to an AVS, at 11mm they weigh a bit over 50 grains. They're .254 diameter. The others have a slightly more pointy ogive and are not hollow points, and are .2537 diameter. Will report back later with more resluts
20231103_193216.jpg

I use these in my GK1, I can get these for $10 a tin. My pistol loves these, accurate and powerful for a great price.

View attachment 403355
Oooh nice! Thanks a lot for the info. Looks like they sell these in my country as well ^^
So at least I won't have to import slugs from somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: longshot81
I don't see slugs an advantage for the GK1. They are twice as expensive as pellets and the typical distance this gun will be used is less than 50 meters. I have great accuracy and more than sufficient energy with the JSB 25.4gr in my .25 GK1. I am certain I can also use the 34 gr JSB as well So far I have fired 1000 of these with no issues.

On another point, I am using the Huben Hush moderator, which helps with the sound, but it is still louder than I would like. Just for grins I swapped the Hush for the Mod I use on my Crown. There is a thread on the construction of this Mod in the archives. This Mod I made myself in aluminum and it uses an inverted cone baffle design without a central tube. However this Mod weighs 300 grams. Two things occurred that surprised me. First was the sound reduction. My Mod was much, much, much quieter. I mean hardly any report.. The second was the change in POI. At 25 yards the group dropped low by 1.2"" and right by 1.0". The grourp was about .5 inch. The same with both Mods.

Reactions: Nutcracker
Hmmm...muzzle "flip" again...with 25gr, baby, projectiles ?
Go out, rent a firearm of some sort...anything but a .22, and shoot it for a couple of hundred rounds. THEN...talk about muzzle flip !
Start out with a lowly 9mm, then move up to a .45 or a 10mm. See how THOSE provide...muzzle flip.

Seems than some need some wrist strengthening exercises in their daily routine.

Mike
I don’t know about anyone else but wrist exercises are most real men specialty 😂🤣🥳

I'm wondering whether anyone has tried the JSB Match Diabolo Exact King MKII Heavy .25 Cal, 33.95 grain pellets? Seems like they would be a good fit and heavier alternative to sloppy fitting slugs.
These are the pellets I'm using on my GK1. I have yet to do more testing with them, but they seem to be a good fit so far indeed!

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
I'm wondering whether anyone has tried the JSB Match Diabolo Exact King MKII Heavy .25 Cal, 33.95 grain pellets? Seems like they would be a good fit and heavier alternative to sloppy fitting slugs.
Yes, we shot a bunch the other day, looked real good and fit well in the mag

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
We
@Asher I do have .254s, but what if the barrel actually likes normal sizes? We can't let the magazine be the determining factor.
A fair point maybe. I make all my own and don't shoot anything else, largely to save money but also I prefer the power and BC of slugs. the .254s have been accurate for everyone that I've seen. I was hitting 2" targets at 40 yards with iron sights with them no problem. Everyone will have their own criteria for accuracy though