• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other How do you store your airguns?

thumbnail.jpeg

there is no way i would use a metal scrubby on my guns .
I am going to use it on my Sauer 100XT, it has some minor pitting under the barrel. I have no choice and willing to chance a re-bluing. A member on a firearm forum has tried it and said it works if directions are followed. I do share your concern. It looks like steel wool. I will report back to this thread. Must remember to take before and after pictures.

I am going to use it on my Sauer 100XT, it has some minor pitting under the barrel. I have no choice and willing to chance a re-bluing. A member on a firearm forum has tried it and said it works if directions are followed. I do share your concern. It looks like steel wool. I will report back to this thread. Must remember to take before and after pictures.
Finished using it, Remove all of the rust damage except one pit which was deep. Looks a lot better. Did not damage bluing. Forgot to take pictures. Manufacturer says product will not removed deep pitting as that requires a buffing and re-bluing;

Beautiful Crow!
Some fine guns there as well.
I love the double sided work station.
Thanks. The double sided is handier than you think. I love it.
Your rack gave me something to act on. Your solution for the butt makes it easier to do, which was a concern. I started alternating my guns and don’t like it. Just begging for a scrape.
IMG_6568.jpeg
Tried getting more per rack by alternating them, but the barrels especially the 35’s and R9’s at bottom are behind stock of gun above and don’t like the look. I like the look of the guns from the side vs. the underside, but moving a wall isn’t an option. Thanks for showing, I will adopt the butt rest. Crow

Reactions: Ievgen721
Saw a post today that got me thinking. I am moving away from storing my air guns in a soft case to storing them on floor racks. I use Balistol or Breakfree CLP to lube the outside so not sure if that attracts dust and if the dust would stick. Probably just wipe them down after I shoot them. Besides all the stacked gun cases falling over each other, I read that gun cases attract moisture. My basement has a dehumidifier in it but I did have a firearm rust some on the outside when I did not clean it for a week. I must have stripped the oil protectant when my sweaty hands were on it. I do not have small kids around and the basement is alarmed so not concerned about security, just protecting my airguns from rust. Note I have no room for wall racks. Was wondering what others do. Note I did not see a thread on storing vs rusting but please point me to it if this topic has been discussed before.
When moving, to Florida, a lot hotter and more humid than Nevada, I found that the silicone gun bags made for pistols and rifles really keep them dry and protected and working fine. If using, get the thicker ones with Velcro flap and not drawstrings to close. Could use any tips on long term storage for vintage 60's Crossman pistols,
Thanks- TimeBanditz