Help me find some bottle heat shrink wrap 60mm + ?

I am not sure for you how you feel about when "I remember I saw it somewhere" but just cannot find that focken thing, kind a embarrassing looking for my caliper every day for an hour ;(

Today I wanted to order some quick disconnect fittings from GB and logged into my account, and there it sits in my basket since Nov.

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/fill-probes-adaptors/buddy-bottles-valves/buddy-bottle-protective-sleeve

I was so happy to find it for you, in a hurry came back to AGN, and browsed through the entire site for half an hour again and I could not find this post but at a very last corner.

So here it is from a 62yo..........is this alzheimer coming too early or is it my leisure :)

Fk all this sheet get gunskin and be done with the antiquated shrink crap

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 1.18.56 PM.1643923218.jpg

What a pain in the ass, 30 minuets just to get it this far

View attachment 191508
Goldwing, I ordered the same stuff and like you thought there is no way this is going to fit; I was going to send it back. My bottle measured 62mm and the stuff I ordered was the 50mm. I was chatting with brawler1588 and he suggested silicone grease (see pic). I coated the bottle and inside of the heat shrink (as far as I could reach) wearing rubber gloves, then switch one glove to a rubber palm glove that I had (see pic). I was able to slip it on in under 20 seconds.
bottle and supplies Large.jpeg

Also if you get the silicone grease on the outside it will leave a mark as you can see in the picture. I tried soap and water and was not able to get it off, still noticeable when it dried. My solution was to rub the silicone grease on the outside then use soap and water to remove the excess grease. When it drys it will all be the darker colour:
Gun in case.jpeg

Last edited: