Hawke Optics: Are the you kidding me? UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE

I own several Hawks. Don't think you can go wrong with them for the price.

thumbnail_IMG_1498.jpg

Well, there is a thread on here complaining that hawk is made in China. Its hard to find customer service like this no matter where things are made, i will proudly say I own a Hawke scope ( actually a few) Made in America does not always mean what it should. Even U.S. companies do not always( majority of the time) stand behind there products like this. It would be nice if this was the rule rather then the exception.

Well, there is a thread on here complaining that hawk is made in China. Its hard to find customer service like this no matter where things are made, i will proudly say I own a Hawke scope ( actually a few) Made in America does not always mean what it should. Even U.S. companies do not always( majority of the time) stand behind there products like this. It would be nice if this was the rule rather then the exception.
I somewhat agree. If it is a very good product, I am okay to buy from them, but that is just so rare. Vortex, I guess Hawke (I just ordered a cheap one from them), DJI (though I am very upset about how they are reporting drone positions to the Russians so I won't buy anymore of their drones). Having said that, I really would not mind paying 10-20% more for a domestic product. My last decent scope purchase was a US Optics for my L2 that I sold, with the scope. I was happy with that. My understanding is that it is made here. I might be wrong.

This summer I sent in a Hawke Vantage shop mule for warranty. They returned it to me test to specs. I was totally pissed off so I went nuts on them on the phone.

I realized later the fault was really the summer sun and 98 degree weather was messing with my springers guts. I called them back, told them I made a bad diagnosis and apologized for carrying on.

This week I called them with my tail between my legs to ask them to look at the 3-9 Airmax from my R1. Technically the elevation turret works but it's mushy feeling and inaudible.

I was expecting them to be less cooperative than usual so I apologized again for my recent behavior and I offered to pay the shipping. Mitch there was totally cool. He said no problem Ron I'll email you a return label and we'll take care of it.

They're a good company. I have a ton of their scopes. Some are a better value than others but for the most part I think they're the best dollar value in scopes under $300. In fact I just bore sighted and zeroed two new 2-7x32 Vantages on my wife's and my deer guns yesterday. They tracked perfectly. One rifle took six shots the other seven shots. The last 2 shots on each were checking shots with no adjustments.

After getting advice about how to "fix" the really hard to turn reistat on my Air Max 30 compact, I went at it. Bad idea. Lacking the proper spanner wrench, I improvised. Bad idea. Result was yes it was much easier to click through the brightness levels, but it wouldn't light up. I had 3 choices; use my scope without illumination, keep my mouth shut and buy another scope, ( saving myself from deserved ridicule) or fess up and send it to Hawke for repair. Ultimately I swallowed my pride and called Hawke. I confessed my sins and explained how I broke the scope and made clear it was 100% my fault. I would pay for the repair. Well, this morning I received an email from Hawke. They said they were sending me a new scope. Well I called them to make sure they understood I broke it, not their fault. Yep, they knew but said they were warranting it. Unbelievable; Hawke warranties stupid. And the cherry 🍒 on top is noone criticized me for my foolishness. Thank you Hawke Optics, you are amazing. Bill and Addi.
☆☆☆☆UPDATE ☆☆☆☆
Got my replacement scope today. Box seemed a bit big. Inside was a brand new, in the box, 6-24x50 AirMax 30 compact with all the accessories. In addition they sent a nice Hawke Optics decal, a beverage sleeve (neoprene), and a Hawke cap!!!! Black. All for a scope I damaged. Feeling kinda humble about now. They definitely crossed the "good customer service " line into the "unbelievable customer service " arena. Bill and Addi.
Yes Hawke is a great company and did what they should do. BUT I think the fact you took ownership of the mistake and broken scope. Honesty is always the best policy. I had a similar experience with AoA. As an example they have an FX chrono v1 on the display shelf with a pellet impact upper left corner and shatter screen that the owner wanted it warrantied.

After getting advice about how to "fix" the really hard to turn reistat on my Air Max 30 compact, I went at it. Bad idea. Lacking the proper spanner wrench, I improvised. Bad idea. Result was yes it was much easier to click through the brightness levels, but it wouldn't light up. I had 3 choices; use my scope without illumination, keep my mouth shut and buy another scope, ( saving myself from deserved ridicule) or fess up and send it to Hawke for repair. Ultimately I swallowed my pride and called Hawke. I confessed my sins and explained how I broke the scope and made clear it was 100% my fault. I would pay for the repair. Well, this morning I received an email from Hawke. They said they were sending me a new scope. Well I called them to make sure they understood I broke it, not their fault. Yep, they knew but said they were warranting it. Unbelievable; Hawke warranties stupid. And the cherry 🍒 on top is noone criticized me for my foolishness. Thank you Hawke Optics, you are amazing. Bill and Addi.
☆☆☆☆UPDATE ☆☆☆☆
Got my replacement scope today. Box seemed a bit big. Inside was a brand new, in the box, 6-24x50 AirMax 30 compact with all the accessories. In addition they sent a nice Hawke Optics decal, a beverage sleeve (neoprene), and a Hawke cap!!!! Black. All for a scope I damaged. Feeling kinda humble about now. They definitely crossed the "good customer service " line into the "unbelievable customer service " arena. Bill and Addi.
Hawke optics will take care of you

Briefly;
I ended up with a 12-13 year old Hawke on a pcp I bought.
Turned out the illume cap was stripped and epoxied on unevenly.
I emailed Hawke and got no reply.
Then Doug at Cameraland noticed my post mentioning this on SH forum about the scope. He contacted Hawke for me and after a few emails with them I was in the same boat as previously. It's in the bone pile of broken scopes, old cheap rings, and mounts, etc. Hawke did mention Expert Voice as a place to find a discount but I'm wasn't military nor first responder. I will say they were cordial enough.

That's fine I wasn't expecting anything, only a slight hope and basically a shot in the dark. Those older scopes only had a 10 year warranty to the original purchaser. I didn't know that until I researched it. So make sure you keep all this in mind in case you run across one like I did. Or any other Co with similar warranties that time out.

I like Doug of Camerland who try's to help people with optics dilemmas as I had observed over the years! So please consider this Co for your purchases if at all possible.