Hawke Optics: Are the you kidding me? UPDATE-UPDATE-UPDATE

After getting advice about how to "fix" the really hard to turn reistat on my Air Max 30 compact, I went at it. Bad idea. Lacking the proper spanner wrench, I improvised. Bad idea. Result was yes it was much easier to click through the brightness levels, but it wouldn't light up. I had 3 choices; use my scope without illumination, keep my mouth shut and buy another scope, ( saving myself from deserved ridicule) or fess up and send it to Hawke for repair. Ultimately I swallowed my pride and called Hawke. I confessed my sins and explained how I broke the scope and made clear it was 100% my fault. I would pay for the repair. Well, this morning I received an email from Hawke. They said they were sending me a new scope. Well I called them to make sure they understood I broke it, not their fault. Yep, they knew but said they were warranting it. Unbelievable; Hawke warranties stupid. And the cherry 🍒 on top is noone criticized me for my foolishness. Thank you Hawke Optics, you are amazing. Bill and Addi.
☆☆☆☆UPDATE ☆☆☆☆
Got my replacement scope today. Box seemed a bit big. Inside was a brand new, in the box, 6-24x50 AirMax 30 compact with all the accessories. In addition they sent a nice Hawke Optics decal, a beverage sleeve (neoprene), and a Hawke cap!!!! Black. All for a scope I damaged. Feeling kinda humble about now. They definitely crossed the "good customer service " line into the "unbelievable customer service " arena. Bill and Addi.

Last edited:
I will be the one to criticize you. Obviously you used the incorrect size hammer to make the proper scope adjustments. :ROFLMAO:

Good to hear there are companies out there like this still.
Fun story, I use to work on close tolerance stuff, had to tap things into true prior to grinding, had the machine shop make me some REALLY light hammers, Delron handles, Titanium tubing shaft and brass end, nice light and delicate taps.