Have you ever cracked a gauge?

So last weekend I was up in the mountains shooting my gauntlet .30. I stopped to fill my tank with my portable compressor. After filling I noticed a single small crack in the glass of the gauge on the tank. (I filled it to a little over 4k) I’ve never dropped it or banged it against something, my only guess is it could’ve been the cold? (It was probably high 30’s low 40’s °F) Tonight I was looking at it and I have MANY small cracks😅 picture doesn’t really do it justice. Has this ever happened to you? Should I be concerned or replace immediately? Any input would be greatly appreciated
3341A6FE-C516-4D32-9437-C70DDAD67356.jpeg

Last edited:
Yooper,
If it bothers you, just replace with one from eBay, less than $15. WM
It does not bother me, I think I’ll just let it be. I just hope it’s not like a safety concern. Umarex wanted me to mail them the entire tank and I’m a little apprehensive because I had such a hard time getting a tank from them before, that didn’t leak.

Yooper,
Used mine for a year as you see it, worked just fine. Would not recommend removing regulator from tank, not sure why, but even under no pressure the threads get damaged. Does Umarex put sealer on threads? Don't know but sure hard to remove, guess that's why they want entire tank. Replacing gauge is easy and cheap, visit eBay and explore, maybe one will catch your eye. WM

It does not bother me, I think I’ll just let it be. I just hope it’s not like a safety concern. Umarex wanted me to mail them the entire tank and I’m a little apprehensive because I had such a hard time getting a tank from them before, that didn’t leak.
I had it happen to my gauntlet and my bulldog they've been that way for months with no leaks the glass doesn't hold any pressure in fact if you play with it just right you can get the whole thing to pop out and it still holds pressure I think it's there just to keep you from accidentally messing up the internals of the gauge

Yooper,
Used mine for a year as you see it, worked just fine. Would not recommend removing regulator from tank, not sure why, but even under no pressure the threads get damaged. Does Umarex put sealer on threads? Don't know but sure hard to remove, guess that's why they want entire tank. Replacing gauge is easy and cheap, visit eBay and explore, maybe one will catch your eye. WM
I have removed the tank off of my gauntlet a few times obviously depressurized no problems yet

I had it happen to my gauntlet and my bulldog they've been that way for months with no leaks the glass doesn't hold any pressure in fact if you play with it just right you can get the whole thing to pop out and it still holds pressure I think it's there just to keep you from accidentally messing up the internals of the gauge
Ah yes, that makes sense. Thank you for the info! I’ll just leave it alone then

Reactions: Hard2hurt223