FX Panther no-hype review and tests

Not much text this time - everything is in the video. 100 yards, .22 40gr slugs, 60 shots (6 groups by 10 shots) one by one without stop, single shutter made video as a prove - 0,97 MOA! It is not a hype - it is a fact. Amazed with FX Panthera stability, never met something like that before!
if you were to have only one pcp what would be your choice? will you choose fx m3 or panthera?

Isn't she beautiful? 1050cc for heavy slugs benchrest shooting 😍 The only thing lacking on this beauty is Element Optics Theos, but I'm sure it's not a problem ☺️

View attachment 328601View attachment 328602
please, could you tell me which adapter did you use to install the 700cc cylinder in front, maybe the bottle adapter is 20983 and two washers 11507? thanks

Nicolay, which fitting did you use to attach the 700cc bottle to the front of the Panthera? And did it require any modification? Thanks,

r/
Mike
You have to take the arca rail off and it won't fit back on with the bottle. Otherwise I think the FX bottle adaptor will screw right of the block. i haven't taken my rail off again since the first day I had it... So I can't say for sure.

There is a recall coming on the Panthera. They are bending valve pins if I remember right. I am not willing to send mine out so I'll be taking mine apart and drilling the channel deeper in the block or installing the replacement part whenever FX gets them out. I'm sure it's not going to be anytime soon so I'll probably just fix mine before I have any problems.

if you were to have only one pcp what would be your choice? will you choose fx m3 or panthera?
Compete different platforms. Ones a bullpup with a big bottle and shot count.. ones a mile long with a tiny bottle and itty bitty shot count. Decide what platform you like better and buy that one.

I like both. I'm keeping both of mine 😂

Man that thing shoots like crap! I hope he figures out the problem.

I do appreciate his full disclosure.
Steve,

I appreciate his full disclosure as well but think he should have checked things over before making a video.

With anything and everything (new and as routine maintenance) I always do inspections and hardware checks. I worked in QA and know that there's always a chance that something was missed and that the customer does the final inspection :)

The o-ring appears to be missing on the mag ( I've bumped mine off my Crown mag a couple of times - it's glued in now) and the loose mag could result in the slugs being canted while loading. That could cause poor groups.

IIRC, he said he needed to clean the barrel... you should always clean the shipping grease out of a new barrel before seasoning it with a dozen or so shots. That could cause poor groups.

He tried a couple of slugs but did he use the slug the gun was tuned to? (Don't know about the .25 but the .22/700 is factory tuned with H&N 30 grain slugs) That could cause poor groups.

... These are just a couple of thoughts that crossed my mind as I watched the video.

Beyond doing a quick velocity check for baseline information, I don't do any kind of testing or evaluation until I've put at least a hundred or two pellets/slugs through it. I need some trigger time to get used to the airgun and it needs break it in a bit.

Hope he figures out the problem too.

Cheers!

About 90% of the success is the liner.

With FX liners I have to say it is 90% tuning.

My friends slugger shot like that when he first got it, after some tuning it’s 1 hole at 50 yards. That is not abnormal at all as I see people with poor results from their FX gun shooting different ammo/slugs in factory pellet tune.

Last edited:
We shot 100 yards benchrest in a real winter storm this weekend! It was freaking cold (-10c (15f), the wind was up to 45fps and holdover up to 4,5 MILs! My FX Crown and FX Panthera did excellent! And all this to be prepared for Rocky Mountain Airgun Challenge. Wanna see all that craziness? Here is the video

Every time you want to play with your FX Panthera hummer weights or springs you will have to disconnect the rear part of a gun. It takes some time I would say. So I found an easier way (if you have a front bottle installed like I do). Just use a screw and a washer to lock the back air transport tunnel and feel much easier playing with your hummer side parts.
IMG_20230217_073645.jpg
IMG_20230217_073803.jpg
IMG_20230217_073911.jpg

Reactions: cra627
I've shot this group wednesday at 100 yards inside range with 34 grains @ 965fps, with my .22/700 at 150 bar. I have polished the regulator and found it to be extremely consistant. Almost no difference in fps. I do use sorted slugs from H&N.
That inner grey dot is 8mm, first line is 29,1mm. We had some simmilar groups, the three of us shooting a panthera, but I wanted to share the best one with you guys.

Greetz from Holland.

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-17 at 12.47.49.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-17 at 14.07.51.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-17 at 14.09.23.jpeg

Finally ;-)

Shot my “double air” yesterday, at 130 bar got 87 shots from the 580/300 250 bar at 65FPE 30gr HN. I used these because I had lots of them. Shot last 72 over chrono with 2.6 SD.
My main focus will be 36-38gr and some 40s just to see how they do.

Last edited:
I've shot this group wednesday at 100 yards inside range with 34 grains @ 965fps, with my .22/700 at 150 bar. I have polished the regulator and found it to be extremely consistant. Almost no difference in fps. I do use sorted slugs from H&N.
That inner grey dot is 8mm, first line is 29,1mm. We had some simmilar groups, the three of us shooting a panthera, but I wanted to share the best one with you guys.

Greetz from Holland.

View attachment 333026

View attachment 333027

View attachment 333028
Nice!!!

I have the same .22/700 on order and am planning to try lighter slugs and, maybe try tuning for .25 grain JSB Monster Redesign pellets.

Please, what diameter slugs are you shooting?