FX King block damage

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this. Had the King now for a few months and noticed a pretty big extreme spread and POI change. I keep my settings the same and clean the barrel when needed so I dug deeper. Looks like the hammer chamber in the block is getting debris possibly from the pellet probe assembly and getting jammed up with the hammer. When I took out the trigger, there was aluminum debris all over it. I took a few pics with my bore scope.
1000005423.jpg
1000005424.jpg

1000005426.jpg

Airgun manufactures need to install tamper-proof labels that say " WARRANTY VOID IF OPENED".
Personally, I am very hesitant to ever purchase a used airgun for this exact reason.
The King is externally adjustable and a great performing gun, so trying to squeeze more performance from it, is like trying to fix something that isnt broke.
I would be impressed with FX, if this gets covered under warranty.
Well, I got a 3rd hand Maverick, turns out that the first owner was a flaming idiot, literally destroyed the inside of the block by firing the gun with the cocking handle back over and over and over. Broke the inside of the block, scored the daylights out of the hammer. FX was kind enough to send me a new block and hammer, I was more than happy to pay for it as it wasn't their fault, but they gave me a new one gratis. I'm not going to fault their customer service, I can only hope that Utah Airguns is the same.

And for all I know, this was normal. This is my 1st FX.
No not normal in any way. I have my own particular beef with FX, personally I think they grew too fast, tried to do too much and didn't really lay a good foundation for expansion.. i.e. putting part numbers on parts and accounting for revisions. I can say that I really detested ISO 9001 Once it was in you couldn't make any darn changes to the part or the procedures without a committee meeting. Didn't matter is it saved a ton of money and made a better part.

Gun had a few rusty, boogerd up screws, and a marred trigger post. Barrel jam nut was also lose. I was sent replacements for the screws. Still waiting for the trigger post. Something is majorly wrong there. If it fits it ships...
Jesus Christ. I think I'd ask for my money back in full at that point. I think I got my Crown before their sales and production went wild. Or right around the time it started to. Out of the box, I wasnt able to find a single flaw or defect anywhere on or in it. And I did tear it down when it arrived, new.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
Jesus Christ. I think I'd ask for my money back in full at that point. I think I got my Crown before their sales and production went wild. Or right around the time it started to. Out of the box, I wasnt able to find a single flaw or defect anywhere on or in it. And I did tear it down when it arrived, new.
Yeah, my gut was telling me something.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
IF I was gonna drop the insane cash for a new FX gun? I'd hit Baker Airgun since they are close to me.
They do have an area they test shoot Guns. Never asked if I could shoot a Gun there though.
I'd think if I was dropping stupid piles of cash for a Gun? They'd probably let me do that?
Yes, they most certainly will let you run it over their chrony set up when you are in shop purchasing.
20 yards indoors with a positive backstop.

Sadly, if you come on here and tell the truth with any kind of angst towards the sponsors, you'll get your hand smacked. I see it all the time on here with someone saying things like "my xyz is leaking or POI shifts anytime I move the gun from the rest" etc, immediately followed by "I don't mean any disrespect and I'm not trashy said company ".

I've been warned a couple times for posting my groups from my guns that were better than the coveted ones, and they pulled my images down and said I was trying to start an argument and slandering. By stating the truth?

Why is it okay to say my cheap Chinese or turkish gun will run circles around, say, a Benjamin or umarex, but not, dare I say it, FX?

Dunno, my Maverick works, no problems, even got it used.

The reality is that any airgun under a certain threshold in dollars paid is simply thrown in a closet, garage-saled or discarded with little or no fanfare if it breaks.

Mid level guns are just a bit too expensive to walk away from and those with issues meander to AGN for help and advice where most find solutions.

Top tier airgun owners tend to equalize dollars spent with volume of vitriol and displeasure so that there be none on the planet that have not heard the screams of discontent!

Given that FX outsells all other top tier airgun makers combined in unit sales, the shear volume of owners means that even if FX had the least amount of defects, we would still hear about them more often and indeed, louder than any other.

Utah is the reason I am going to 'take a chance' on the DRS. Some of the FX threads are scary but I believe a lot of issues are owner inflicted. I have no reason to, but I am hopeful, if I have an issue... Utah's customer service will make things right.
I can tell you this was not due to user error!

Utah Airguns came through and I finally received my replacement block. Looks good so far.View attachment 457077
.....3 months to get a gun that works.

You're a better man than me for dealing with that. I'm glad you got good parts at least and can hopefully get it going the way you want.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie