• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact manometer accurate?

dc4f0acd6ae210968319b6b7441cf876.jpg

I have an FX Impact and an FX 4 stage pump. As you can see, the Impact reads about 25 bar higher than the pump. Which one do I trust?

Otherwise I'm super happy with my Impact. I'm getting 1/2" groups at 50 yards with zero tuning so far.

35878dd449aef72b382838f18ef50036.jpg

Ok, if I go by the pump reading to the recommended 250 bar it looks like this. I assume this isn't too bad for it.

While I'm here, can anyone tell me if it's ok to dry fire? I've read that it's not ok and I understand why you wouldn't want to on a spring gun but I don't understand why you couldn't with a PCP, especially with air in the tank. Thanks again for the help.

I read somewhere that the Wika gauge was 1/8 NPT, but that they fit OK. Is that true, or just for the one that person was using? I couldn't bring myself to use the wrong thread even if it did seem to work. If they do come in the correct thread, are they really that much more accurate? How much do they cost, and does any US retail company carry the one we'd need?

At this point, I'd settle for any accurate gauge I could screw in to set my regulator, and verify the bottle pressure. 

Cheers,
Rusty

I just shot the rifle down to where the regulator pressure started to drop, then made my best guesstimate of the readings on both gauges. The first time the reg dropped below the max 150 indicated was 180 bottle/145 reg. The lowest I went was 150 bottle/115 reg. At every point in between the bottle was 30-35 bar higher than the reg. Either or both of these gauges is clearly off, and my bet would be both. I'm guessing the reg is reading maybe 10 high, and the bottle is reading 20-25 low. 

I guess I may have to try the Wika gauges. I read that they come in chrome, which I'd prefer over gold, but I'd take most anything that's accurate. I'd still like to know if the Crown gauges are any better, and if they fit. Maybe Ernest would know that.

Thanks,
Rusty