FX Impact - is it normal for telescopic shroud to touch the valve control knob?

I've got the .22 caliber version with the telescopic shroud and I've noticed that the shroud is hitting the end of the valve control knob when in the "closed" position. 

Is this normal? Maybe the knob is supposed to function as a stop for it but I want to be sure things are working as they should. According the manual, the valve knob is in the default position and I haven't changed it.

"Maineiac"
"Plinkster"Absolutely not supposed to be touching! That can cause an issue with accuracy if the barrel droops further. I have a Impact with telescopic shroud myself so I'm speaking from knowledge
Does that mean I have a barrel that isn't straight? I shouldn't need to make power adjustments for the barrel to seat properly.
I cannot say if your barrel is straight or not. A drooping barrel can be a strong possibility since it is touching that knob. I would call your distributor and inform them of this to see what they think. Did you shoot groups to test for accuracy? 

So I called AoA and they said that it is normal for it to touch and that I may just need to turn my valve adjustment down some.

When I twist the knob a few turns I'm able to get to a point where the shroud won't touch it however I still wonder if I have a barrel/shroud issue because I'm only getting 3" of extension on my shroud and I swore I read it was supposed to be 6"?

Screwing in the valve reduces velocity, and I wouldn't do that just to clear the shroud. I think the actual point where power adjustment begins is somewhat variable, so you'd have to use a chronograph to verify that you're not limiting speed with the amount you need to screw the adjustment in. 

As for the shroud, 3" sounds about right, but I can't verify mine now because it is arriving back at AOA for some warranty work. The max speed is low, and as much as I'd love to take it apart and tinker with it, I figured I'd keep the warranty intact and just send it back for them to take a look. 

Cheers,
Rusty

"Maineiac"I've got the .22 caliber version with the telescopic shroud and I've noticed that the shroud is hitting the end of the valve control knob when in the "closed" position. 

Is this normal? Maybe the knob is supposed to function as a stop for it but I want to be sure things are working as they should. According the manual, the valve knob is in the default position and I haven't changed it.

Valve is open past 4th line on a .22! Hmm ... That's not right.

You should be getting 900-920fps on the 18gr at 130bar and no more past 3rd line max.

Either reg is set lower or valvestem has screwed out a few threads.

"Verve"
"Maineiac"I've got the .22 caliber version with the telescopic shroud and I've noticed that the shroud is hitting the end of the valve control knob when in the "closed" position. 

Valve is open past 4th line on a .22! Hmm ... That's not right.

You should be getting 900-920fps on the 18gr at 130bar and no more past 3rd line max.

Either reg is set lower or valvestem has screwed out a few threads.

The manual says the valve is supposed to be set at 4 and that's how it came from the factory. I've turned it down to just below the 4th line to prevent it from touching.

next week I'm going to try and get it shot over the chrony to see where I'm at.

Factory settings for a .22 is between 110 and 115 bar according to the service manual of the impact and Valve set at the fourth line.

If you want to easily check for a loosened Valve stem, then try if you can turn the valve to between the first and second line. If you can then all is fine. I had a problem with a loosened valve stem and was unable to screw the valve shorter than the 3rd line.