FX - DRS press release (Pro, Classic, Sub12)

I am not familiar with the new stuff from FX, so if they are innovating here or not i will leave unsaid.
I suppose a small thing would still be innovating, or at least progressing / improving if you are cutting the English language very to the point. ( well the English language as far as i know it )

I have made a few requests in this regard i will not bother mentioning again, but they are revolving around rifles getting easier to tune generally, of course any accuracy improvements i will also take, and FOR SURE any price cutting. CUZ this crusty old clown is not rolling in money.

One + i can see with these new things, not as many adjustment knobs as on some older / current options.

Reactions: 17dean
As the listed upgrades mention plenum size - barrel length, then i am also pretty sure these can be FAC just fine.

Sub 12 is by no means undecidable, but i think FAC would be what most would want.
As long as i am not yet locked to Sub 12 or maybe even less like that, well my money are on FAC,,,,,, and slugs. I am pretty sure if i was allowed to own a larger caliber like say .22 or .25, pellets would be even more interesting for me in those calibers.
But shooting 80 - 100 M with pellets in a .177, that at least with my current experience is too much of a game of chance, but i have seen other shoot .22 and pellets pretty damn fine at 100 yards.
If my memory is correct I think the older tarantula fca had a reasonable length barrel

I would like to see a more hunter friendly version of the DRS Pro maybe a few more ftlbs of energy, the carbon fiber air tube for a few more shots and a MDT LSS -XL Gen2 chassis to save a little weight.

Screenshot_20240126_185318_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: qball and chip78
hehe i saw that video, but he is just talking about DRS pro VS Panthera.
But seem like he is going to pull the wallet on one, and 4 sure he will be able to tell if its good or bad at least in regard to long range.

PS: FX site INFO, it is funny they can tell how many shots with ?? weight ammo, but they can not tell muzzle energy for the Classic.
you would assume they had a chrono on the rifle to tell how many good shots before fall of REG, so why not write in Muzzle energy in too.

Going with shot capacity specs listed in .177 specs 10.3 gr and 920 FPS that is just shy of 20 FP, that's not very much FAC if you ask me, but of course also just 10.3 gr pellet, and 920 FPS is in the range you would want to shoot 10 gr pellets i recon, so not complete BS.

Assuming it can push 13.4 gr pellet / slug and 960 FPS it is more in the range of my Maverick so 30 FP, and that is about where i would like to be, though i would still expect a headroom to be able to handle 16 and 20 grain too without going into glorified blowpipe speeds ( sub 800 FPS )

PPS: I would not like to have to install that big PRO plenum on a classic to be able to have a full blown FAC rifle,,,,,, by full blown i mean able to handle all weights in a given caliber, so in my case .177 20 grain as the heaviest ( well almost )

Last edited:
Anything named “AMP” will always make me think of this (comment section is a goldmine)

Also interesting to see the discourse on the aesthetics. I think a lot of FX fans are interpreting the criticism of the mag-plenum and concealed air tube as an attack on the entire product or the company when that’s not the point that’s being made. Also to say it’s been done before is not really an argument at all. FX is the industry leader, what they do matters 1000x more.

Also, idk what the options are for color, if it’s just the fde or if they offer it in black but as someone who grew up in what is probably the most anti gun town in the entire country (I have the stats to back it but I feel like I’d be crossing the forum rules), if they release it with a black chassis it would get 100x ‘scarier’.

I have my own thoughts on the entire regulation thing but I think it starts to swerve off topic so I’ll save it for another time/thread/post.

"Meaning will it be easy for other chassis builders to make their own versions of the MDT DRS chassis."

soooo willing to be wrong and way off base, but here goes:

the FX DRS Pro propaganda says the pro chassis is a MDT ACC Premier. that seems to indicate the chassis is "off the shelf." Heading over the the MDT site shows the ACC Premeier to be available for 9 different actions. MDT site also shows 9 colors for the chassis, including red! (y)

So yea, Id guess that FX is using either a modified action to fit the chassis, or an adapter. Either way seems to me that once we know what action the FX is emulating, then the other MDT chassis models (or maybe even a different chassis vendor) for that same action type "should" accept the FX mechanism......