FX FX Crown .177 and .22 OOB Accuracy?

Like I said. The zero shifted.

One group takes out the center, just a little low. The top left is low right. Bottom right is low and a bit left. Double+ the dispersion for 50 yards.

If you don't see that, you're fooling yourself.
So the first 5 after cleaning the barrel it needs to settle in. Top left
The next 5 was good bottom left. The last 5 was falling off the reg. The goal was to make a one hole for the one hole challenge. That's all I was doing. This thing will print 120 on 12 25m targets. That's all I got room to play with in my back yard. There is a reason why the crowns win best one gun in competitions. I am not an fx fan boy. I use this thing for hunting. Honestly this thing has not missed my mark since I got it. If I do my part this will do its part.
You can say that about any top end gun. Getting to know what you have and what it likes and don't like is all part of the game. Someone once said it perfect for the fx. If you like to tinker and play around these are it. If you don't, this ain't it. Let's be real there ain't no perfect one. Over the last few years every big company has had their rifles in the winner circle. Goes to show you it's the man behind the weapon more than the weapon itself.

I know the topic was how well does the crown shoot. Not durable, poi shift etc. Yes I will knock on this crown also. This thing has well over 20 plus o-rings. What do you think will happen. So expect to seal this thing up from time and learn the tear down and reassembly on these things. Like I said. If you like to tinker these are not bad. If you don't like to play with it and figure out what you like and what it likes. Don't get this.

Hi,
I am including some screen shots from the Ballistic-X Program for 30 yards and 50 yds using my Crown MkII set up for Hunter Division Field Target. The info about the situation is in the label on the picture. Please note these were shot sitting on a bucket with my shooting sticks shooting at the IBS 50 yd Benchrest target outdoors.
Cheers,
Greg
1700232389466.png
1700232478872.png

So the first 5 after cleaning the barrel it needs to settle in. Top left
The next 5 was good bottom left. The last 5 was falling off the reg. The goal was to make a one hole for the one hole challenge. That's all I was doing. This thing will print 120 on 12 25m targets. That's all I got room to play with in my back yard. There is a reason why the crowns win best one gun in competitions. I am not an fx fan boy. I use this thing for hunting. Honestly this thing has not missed my mark since I got it. If I do my part this will do its part.
You can say that about any top end gun. Getting to know what you have and what it likes and don't like is all part of the game. Someone once said it perfect for the fx. If you like to tinker and play around these are it. If you don't, this ain't it. Let's be real there ain't no perfect one. Over the last few years every big company has had their rifles in the winner circle. Goes to show you it's the man behind the weapon more than the weapon itself.
I guess you got lucky. My Crown was always shifting. No amount of calling it settling in could hide the fact it wasn't repeatable from day to day.

Or even from hour to hour. If I can't pick it up and put it in a rack without knowing that touching the barrel will shift zero, it is more hassle than it was worth.

I have 2 and they are lights out. Just sold one to get the new one. I guess there is a way to not be accurate with one, but you'll have to try really hard. The 22cal is easy with JSB 18's or 25.39's. I used JSB 10.3's and 10 grain JSB slugs at 50. 1/2 groups are easy with a bipod and bag. I was going to put a carbon sleeve on them, but they didn't seem to need it. Granted I shoot normal speeds with pellets meaning 870-900, not a 14.3 at 1100fps and wonder why I'm getting 2 inch groups. lol
Nice. Which barrel and what reg pressure are you running with the 25.39s?

Groups are for guys that can’t target shoot, lol. That’s my EPG quote and I’m stickin’ to it.

I shoot the 30 and 40 yard Challenge here on AGN. I currently own 3 Daystate 2 RTI and 3 FX rifles. I’ve owned other high end in the past.

In my experience, at airgun distances of 30 and 40 yards, my FX Crown Mk2 shooting FX 18.13g has resulted in the highest target scores.

The target has an X diameter of 4/100s of an inch. The 10-ring diameter is 1/8 of an inch.

In my experience, to have a rifle that shoots 195+ on this target consistently- requires a rifle than can consistently shoot 1/4” (that’s .25 inch) groups at the distance.

My Crown is the only rifle to date that has shot 200 in the 40-Yard Challenge and it shot this insane 198 17X 40-Masters (no discarded targets) .

The Crown is not my favorite rifle to shoot - due to crappy FX trigger design. Those who know me know that I polish and optimize triggers and internals to get the most possible from my rifles…

… however, the freakin’ thing is a laser - most every time. I shot a single card with it today - a 30-Masters - and it shot 198 11X with wind and drizzle.

We have guys shooting serious rifles in the 30 and 40 Challenge. RAWs, Thomas, Red Wolfs, 10-Meter Olympic rifles, Mac-1 - you name it…

The Crown is a damn accurate rifle and competes with the best at these distances. 50 yards is getting out there in terms of target shooting with 18.13 pellets - which is the bulk of my experience with the Crown. For 50 yards I’d suggest using a .25 with 25.4g pellets.

The Crown is also a super simple and fast caliber swap rifle. I have .177 .22 .25 and .30 barrels for mine. The Crown will also use Dreamline barrels and Dreamline magazines - with NO modifications.

I don’t shoot slugs - not interested. I don’t give a damn about brands - there is a number of things I don’t like about FX rifles. But this thread was asking about the accuracy of the FX Crown. My results show that at 30-40 yards, it’s about as good as it gets.

Finally, I DON’T sort or weigh pellets when I’m shooting the Challenges. I’m single loading straight from the tin - “real world results” lol.

I’d recommend the FX Crown Mk2 to anyone looking for a target PCP rifle.

-Ed

IMG_3986.jpeg

IMG_3546.jpeg

Did you just recently learn how to target shoot? This was you just a few months ago 😆

View attachment 454328

Plenty of reasons to group a gun. A gun that doesn't group well probably isn't going to meet your target shooting needs either.

Lol, shooting groups after adjusting is allowed.

Maybe its just a bit of bourbon talking, lol.

-Ed

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Just a hair maybe lol. You did answer my question so thank you. I'm looking for a 50 and 100yd bench gun and wasn't sure what my expectations could be here. That Crown can certainly handle it it seems

What caliber and what pellet weight do you intend to shoot?

The Crown Mk2 has I believe a 35cc plenum, so its a “mid-power” rifle.

It should be able to shoot .30 44g pellets at 850fps with a 600mm barrel. That’s a popular caliber/weight for 100 yard benchrest.

The Crown is not heavy, especially with the superlight barrels. However, with a nice tune with reg around 130-140, its not jumpy. Lots of 100 benchrest shooters prefer heavier rifles.

What caliber and what pellet weight do you intend to shoot?

The Crown Mk2 has I believe a 35cc plenum, so its a “mid-power” rifle.

It should be able to shoot .30 44g pellets at 850fps with a 600mm barrel. That’s a popular caliber/weight for 100 yard benchrest.

The Crown is not heavy, especially with the superlight barrels. However, with a nice tune with reg around 130-140, its not jumpy. Lots of 100 benchrest shooters prefer heavier rifles.
My original plan was to stick to .22 slugs so I can shoot the 22lr silhouette match at the club. Thats out to 200m though and I think the M3 and Crown may be a bit anemic in the power department for that in .22 at least. 25 maybe? Changing the game plan to shooting 50 and 100 bench seemed more realistic for the platforms and I see alot of guys are using 30 for 100yd

My original plan was to stick to .22 slugs so I can shoot the 22lr silhouette match at the club. Thats out to 200m though and I think the M3 and Crown may be a bit anemic in the power department for that in .22 at least. 25 maybe? Changing the game plan to shooting 50 and 100 bench seemed more realistic for the platforms and I see alot of guys are using 30 for 100yd

My experience is that diabolo shaped pellets can be really accurate out to 75-80 yards. Things get a bit wonky beyond 80. Maybe they destabilize slightly, maybe wind starts to really move them, etc.

That experience is based on .22 25.4g and .25 25.4g pellets.

This year I’m trying 100 yard target shooting with .30 44 and 50g as well as .25 34g. Hoping the heavier projectiles improve consistency over that last 20 yards.

To me, pellet guns are all about say 60 yards and in. That’s where diabolo shaped pellets really shine.

From all the tuning and fancy stuff I see from the slug shooters on this forum, I’d probably opt for a really nice .22 rimfire if I was going to shoot targets at 100 out to 200. It seems a more practical platform.