Epic Airguns

Yeah, no doubt it looks like the Evol, but imo the Evol is a tough durable platform for field work while the epic seems to be not about simplicity but rather customization/tunability. That's why for me they seem fundamentally different. I will be gong with the Evol when the time is right (need to thin the herd first).
They're using American Air Arms prowess and reputation to sell by making it look identical. That is just foul.

Last edited:
I'll admit I get geeked out about watching any detailed what's inside video of an air gun. The sear is spring loaded away from the hammer which I like. A lot of them are spring loaded up to reset. Epic is like a teeter totter to reset the sear. The balanced valve is nice to reduce hammer weight and hammer spring force but we will have to see how it performs. That is what counts after all.

Reactions: Jaxjax
Krale is taking orders

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 18.09.09.png

That reg looks an awful lot like the edgun reg, which I believe was patented by Ed in the USA. The buttstock looks like something straight from saber tactical. I’m echoing myself here, I’ve said this time and time again.
You won’t catch one in my hands. This is just a modge podge of knock offs added together to make a $2k gun. Not impressed.

That reg looks an awful lot like the edgun reg, which I believe was patented by Ed in the USA. The buttstock looks like something straight from saber tactical. I’m echoing myself here, I’ve said this time and time again.
You won’t catch one in my hands. This is just a modge podge of knock offs added together to make a $2k gun. Not impressed.
If we are honest, a lot of these tacticool PCPs are an evolution and incorporation of various, “previous” iterations, regardless of manufacturer. Emulation occurs in the firearms market too. Seems to me that Epic, watched the market, heard what many wished for, like certain“ external controls on their PCPs and is offering it up. Also throwing in multi adjustable, folding stocks, etc. is a plus. While the Evol is a great gun, Epic, as others have done, simply emulated a good design and added the wanted features in its ”stock” offering. Like everything else the “test of time” will tell the final tale. Makes no sense piling on a manufacturer trying to simply offer a new, improved version of any prior design. Guns, like cars are simply a variation on a theme. They all share basic attributes, after that? It’s off to the races…

I’m not impressed with the machined parts. LOTS of tool “chatter“ marks that a master machinist would never accept. Hopefully others with more machining experience will chime in. Zoom in on the picture above and it looks pretty shoddy to my eye.

I’m not impressed with the machined parts. LOTS of tool “chatter“ marks that a master machinist would never accept. Hopefully others with more machining experience will chime in. Zoom in on the picture above and it looks pretty shoddy to my eye.
You know I highly respect your opinions and experience here on AGN. But why not wait until the product is in the hands of those who will test it and give an honest opinion? Maybe parts are still unpolished. What happened to giving the “benefit of doubt?” Dana, a former member here will be testing one, “in the field” his reviews to me, are the standard for “actual useage afield”. I will await his, much valued opinion.

If we are honest, a lot of these tacticool PCPs are an evolution and incorporation of various, “previous” iterations, regardless of manufacturer. Emulation occurs in the firearms market too. Seems to me that Epic, watched the market, heard what many wished for, like certain“ external controls on their PCPs and is offering it up. Also throwing in multi adjustable, folding stocks, etc. is a plus. While the Evol is a great gun, Epic, as others have done, simply emulated a good design and added the wanted features in its ”stock” offering. Like everything else the “test of time” will tell the final tale. Makes no sense piling on a manufacturer trying to simply offer a new, improved version of any prior design. Guns, like cars are simply a variation on a theme. They all share basic attributes, after that? It’s off to the races…
Leon, there’s a difference between buidling on a design, and blatantly copying one. Im not one to go after a company for coming out with something new or innovative. I’d be the first to stand in line to try one, but look at the 2 together. They’re literally the same design. Same lines to the recieved, same machined pic rail, same mount for the tube, same design of trigger group. I mean, this is blatantly a copy. They added a edgun reg, and a saber stock to switch it up a bit, but I wouldn’t call that building on a design.

@L.Leon , I’m not dissing the rifle’s capabilities. Just reading the earlier posts stating that this will be a high $ end rifle and seeing the quality of machine work just left me visually unimpressed. You could be right that the parts are just being roughed out and many more machining steps have yet to be completed but only time will tell by those testing it and looking at the final parts in hand.

You certainly don’t see that level of machine work on Brococks, Daystate, AAAs, FXs and a host of others. Typically parts coming out of a CNC machining center don’t show chatter and tooling marks like those in the pictures posted.

Last edited:
Leon, there’s a difference between buidling on a design, and blatantly copying one. Im not one to go after a company for coming out with something new or innovative. I’d be the first to stand in line to try one, but look at the 2 together. They’re literally the same design. Same lines to the recieved, same machined pic rail, same mount for the tube, same design of trigger group. I mean, this is blatantly a copy. They added a edgun reg, and a saber stock to switch it up a bit, but I wouldn’t call that building on a design.
After Dana reviews his, I will be asking about his thoughts on it being an actual clone of the Evol he owns. His contrasting of the two will be very interesting.