• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I have one of the M50 kits. Got it direct from Huma. Here it is on my 250 barrel. I'm shooting .22 calibre sub 12 ft pounds as I'm in the UK. It is still quite loud but for a Leshiy 2 it's quiet if that makes sense! If the stock looks a little long it's because I'm running 2 connected plenums, one standard and one compact with 2 Huma regulators, one in each plenum, set at 100 bar and 70 bar. The can does look really good on the 250 barrel, easy to install and take off. The Huma regs are excellent. I'm shooting some really tight groups with the short barrel. 
20210610_190950.1625866069.jpg

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Edguns Leshiy2, but not to Airguns. I owned several guns from Huben K1 to FX Impacts and few other along the way. Pick up this bad boy .25 Cal / 350mm from Brian last week. Love this gun!!! Tuned to shoot VK 32.80grs Slugs around 880-900 fps. Reg set at 160bar and getting about 1” grouping at 100 yards. Not sure if I'm going to set this gun as slugs or pellets shooters. With 4500psi filled I'm getting about 3 magazine per fills. I'm still learning how to tune the gun and other stuff like power jets. Hope to learned lots more from you guys out there. 
77F39CD4-C0A2-4529-8F45-28B824D6F07A.1625874708.jpeg
54A74BD9-3C60-4887-899A-454687C7D3DF.1625874708.jpeg

Good to hear the feedback on the MOD50. Looks like the kit is the way to go so you can run it on a 250mm and then get the adaptor so you can run it on the 350mm with the Valkyrie short rail.

I’m starting to think you can only get the L2 so quite after a point there is to much noise that leaks out of the magazine area.

Edit: If you get the hornet kit that mounts right on the receiver the starter piece on the MOD50 is threaded M18 which would not work on the 350 mm barrel without an adaptor from M14 to M18 threads, which I am unaware of at this time. One could buy another starter section of the MOD50 threaded correctly, when and if they become available.

I think the MOD50 for now is about as quiet as you're going to get right now without tuning way down the power. I was talking to Brian and we both were saying that the airgun moderators seem to be designed using firearm technology (which is a totally different situation with hot expanding gases and not just airflow). So I think the airgun technology will improve with time. I'm leaving my L2 set at factory settings for now and getting 810fps with JSB .25cal 34gn pellets with really good accuracy. Can anyone tell me how you can shoot slugs out of the L2 without them falling out of the mag? 

Simple. Leave the magazine in the gun and use speedloaders or a magnet to remove the retaining plate and hand load the slugs like you would any way. Instead of carrying extra magazines, just carry extra speed loaders. I mounted mine to the gun by epoxying a rare earth magnet to the back side of the speed loader. Then I mounted a thick 3/4” washer to either a 90 degree rail mount or as I did on my Eagle Vision scope rings. You use the magnet on the back of the speed loader to remove the retaining plate, flip the loader to load the magazine , flip it again to install the retaining plate. Done. You can find the speed loaders on EBay. Just search EdGun Leshiy 2. 
4DB58448-1033-41DD-B34B-42554B320517.1625879235.jpeg

I have one of the M50 kits. Got it direct from Huma. Here it is on my 250 barrel. I'm shooting .22 calibre sub 12 ft pounds as I'm in the UK. It is still quite loud but for a Leshiy 2 it's quiet if that makes sense! If the stock looks a little long it's because I'm running 2 connected plenums, one standard and one compact with 2 Huma regulators, one in each plenum, set at 100 bar and 70 bar. The can does look really good on the 250 barrel, easy to install and take off. The Huma regs are excellent. I'm shooting some really tight groups with the short barrel. 
20210610_190950.1625866069.jpg

Why the double regulator setup? Can you talk about sound with the hornet? I've got both stock moderators and the inserts from Raxim but I want this thing to be much less loud for my purposes -- considering buying the mod50/hornet.

I think if you have the inserts and find the noise difference a lot quieter than stock then it probably won't get much better than that to be honest, especially with a 250 barrel. I haven't tried or bought more stacks for my Mod50, which may possibly reduce noise further, but I fear it wouldn't have the near silent effect you're probably after. I think it's because of the nature of the gun being quite open at the back unlike breech fed mechanisms more than anything. I would guess the Mod50 to be slightly quieter than the stock with inserts but probably not by much, especially if you're running 130 plus on your regulator with a 250 barrel. I have run a 600mm barrel in .22 with a pretty standard 1/2 inch UNF moderator and found it actually a lot quieter than the M50 on my 250mm barrel, bur still nothing near as quiet with that same moderator on one of my breech load guns, which would be silent down to a barely audible, "click".

As for the regs. As we're limited to 12ft pounds here in the UK our set ups are generally about shot count with accuracy and regs generally set at 70bar or less for the Leshiy 2. So that's 70bar reg holding off 250 to 300bar fill. I've taken to tinkering a little, mainly because you can with this rifle and was intrigued by a the new FX set ups with double regs, and seeing as the leshiy plenums can basically screw into one another thought I'd give it a try and see if it would take a little pressure off the 70 bar reg by reducing it to 100 bar first with this set up. It really does seem to work. I'm getting really consistent chrono readings and really tight groups.

I have tinkered quite a bit since I first received this gun. I was quite disappointed in it's performance at first. I got among the early batch shipped out in Europe so they were basically a standard configuration with regs set at 130bar and the ft pounds determined by the size of the puck when it arrived. So you can imagine I was getting probably 3 magazines worth per fill, which is awful for 12ft pounds! So much air was being dumped! The accuracy was also all over the place. Anyway, since then I've adjusted the reg down, adjusted jet sizes, and concluded that 1 jet with a screw was best, and reduced plenum sizes and feel I've found a really excellent combination for my set up. 

Reactions: Cattoo
I think if you have the inserts and find the noise difference a lot quieter than stock then it probably won't get much better than that to be honest, especially with a 250 barrel. I haven't tried or bought more stacks for my Mod50, which may possibly reduce noise further, but I fear it wouldn't have the near silent effect you're probably after. I think it's because of the nature of the gun being quite open at the back unlike breech fed mechanisms more than anything. I would guess the Mod50 to be slightly quieter than the stock with inserts but probably not by much, especially if you're running 130 plus on your regulator with a 250 barrel. I have run a 600mm barrel in .22 with a pretty standard 1/2 inch UNF moderator and found it actually a lot quieter than the M50 on my 250mm barrel, bur still nothing near as quiet with that same moderator on one of my breech load guns, which would be silent down to a barely audible, "click".

As for the regs. As we're limited to 12ft pounds here in the UK our set ups are generally about shot count with accuracy and regs generally set at 70bar or less for the Leshiy 2. So that's 70bar reg holding off 250 to 300bar fill. I've taken to tinkering a little, mainly because you can with this rifle and was intrigued by a the new FX set ups with double regs, and seeing as the leshiy plenums can basically screw into one another thought I'd give it a try and see if it would take a little pressure off the 70 bar reg by reducing it to 100 bar first with this set up. It really does seem to work. I'm getting really consistent chrono readings and really tight groups.

I have tinkered quite a bit since I first received this gun. I was quite disappointed in it's performance at first. I got among the early batch shipped out in Europe so they were basically a standard configuration with regs set at 130bar and the ft pounds determined by the size of the puck when it arrived. So you can imagine I was getting probably 3 magazines worth per fill, which is awful for 12ft pounds! So much air was being dumped! The accuracy was also all over the place. Anyway, since then I've adjusted the reg down, adjusted jet sizes, and concluded that 1 jet with a screw was best, and reduced plenum sizes and feel I've found a really excellent combination for my set up.

888 - Thanks much for the detailed response, really appreciate it. My 350mm moderator gets here next week (already have the 250mm barrel insert for it) so we'll see what the noise is like then. Thanks for waving me off looking at the hornet.

The info on double reg and consistency was interesting and makes sense.

I got this specifically for small game hunting in the woods, and want pretty quiet because I've got a Jack Russel mix I want to involve in that, but don't have the space to train him on 22s noise. Wasn't expecting super quiet but I was _really_ surprised at the sound out of the box. A PRod would be almost as cheap as getting a Hornet anyways, and it should be pretty easy to get one down to really quiet if I still feel like I need less sound.

I find getting a good speed loader so you don't have to remove the mag at all will help. If I do remove the mag I do push down the indexing arm when removing and replacing it. I also do that with the locking lever when folding and closing the gun. I think I only ever let it click shut the first time I ever picked it up!

Yeah -- I'm doing the same, seems like a pretty obvious wear point otherwise.

What's the "right way" to insert the mag into the gun? Should you push down the indexing arm? It isn't difficult or anything but I feel like I'm going to wear -something- if I don't.

if you do not care about scratching the mag you can do it the Q&D Francisco way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdJqRzF-PRY

....but I prefer to push down on the wheel of the indexing arm and let the mag slip in without touching anything, when I take it out I turn the mag 1/16 to make the indexing wheel stand on high point for easy access of the wheel

but as 888 said, do print or find one who can print a hat full of speed loaders for you, is as fast as changing mag and dirt cheap to make....and very very well designed :)

printer files and advice about setting in this string, all calibers, two versions to choose from

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/leshiy-2-3d-print/?view=all#post-1002489

At least one guy on ebay.uk offer these and seems to be very well printed!

ebay - L2speedloader_177.1625937832.JPG

What's the "right way" to insert the mag into the gun? Should you push down the indexing arm? It isn't difficult or anything but I feel like I'm going to wear -something- if I don't.

if you do not care about scratching the mag you can do it the Q&D Francisco way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdJqRzF-PRY

....but I prefer to push down on the wheel of the indexing arm and let the mag slip in without touching anything, when I take it out I turn the mag 1/16 to make the indexing wheel stand on high point for easy access of the wheel

but as 888 said, do print or find one who can print a hat full of speed loaders for you, is as fast as changing mag and dirt cheap to make....and very very well designed :)

printer files and advice about setting in this string, all calibers, two versions to choose from

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/leshiy-2-3d-print/?view=all#post-1002489

At least one guy on ebay.uk offer these and seems to be very well printed!

ebay - L2speedloader_177.1625937832.JPG

Thanks for the detailed post. I think I can actually hold off on speed loaders for the moment -- I need to remind myself I got this for a very specific purpose and after I zero/test pellets I just won't be running that much through it hunting. I do hope the 350mm moderator/insert quiets it down enough for my purpose though or it's probably gunna get sold : / 

Really love the form factor and build quality though, exactly what I was hoping for there.