• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun Leshiy 2 30caliber highest power tune?

I wouldn't be surprised if Edgun eventually starts selling the components to have a "long magazine" version of the Leshiy 2. As long as it makes sense from an engineering perspective, it could be a lot of fun.

There are quite a few .30 cal pellets and slugs that don't fit in the Leshiy 2.
i agree it would offer the most efficient way to increase power.

i have looked at the differences in longer barrels and the FPS increase is on average like 50FPS from 250 to 600 which translates to very small FPE gain. but going from a 50g slug to a 100g slug would offer a huge FPE gain even with the decreased FPS.

i have looked at the differences in longer barrels and the FPS increase is on average like 50FPS from 250 to 600 which translates to very small FPE gain. but going from a 50g slug to a 100g slug would offer a huge FPE gain even with the decreased FPS.

A 50 FPS increase sounds more like a jump from 250mm to 350mm.

I have a Leshiy2 but don't have additional barrels to test. But I've seen a 60 FPS increase when going from 250mm to 350mm in a Leshiy Classic.

I would expect more like 150 FPS increase when going from 250mm to 600mm. Hopefully others with more experience will chime in.

Reactions: unpollo2
has anyone tried these 65.5g from NSA? the length seems right at the max at 0.415

if these fit then it would probably be the heaviest slug usable for Edgun 30, and if it can be shot at 950 FPS (maybe with the regulator tuned to 250?) that would deliver 130 FPE!

anyone willing to try?

A 50 FPS increase sounds more like a jump from 250mm to 350mm.

I have a Leshiy2 but don't have additional barrels to test. But I've seen a 60 FPS increase when going from 250mm to 350mm in a Leshiy Classic.

I would expect more like 150 FPS increase when going from 250mm to 600mm. Hopefully others with more experience will chime in.
i found this website that supports your claim. going to a 600mm barrel will increase weight by 2 pounds and decrease the portability.

Reactions: Scouty
has anyone tried these 65.5g from NSA? the length seems right at the max at 0.415

if these fit then it would probably be the heaviest slug usable for Edgun 30, and if it can be shot at 950 FPS (maybe with the regulator tuned to 250?) that would deliver 130 FPE!

anyone willing to try?
Doubt it will work really well since it's in .300. If it's too loose in the mag, it won't seal properly. If it's too loose in the barrel, it won't stabilize properly. It's why they started making .303 for the L2.

If someone really wanted to maximize slug potential they could try these:

Much larger grain selection. I just didn't end up getting them since they are more expensive than NSA last I checked.

Reactions: unpollo2
Doubt it will work really well since it's in .300. If it's too loose in the mag, it won't seal properly. If it's too loose in the barrel, it won't stabilize properly. It's why they started making .303 for the L2.

If someone really wanted to maximize slug potential they could try these:

Much larger grain selection. I just didn't end up getting them since they are more expensive than NSA last I checked.
problem with those AVS they don't specify length for each weight. i'm pretty sure anything over 60g is going to be longer than the 0.42 magazine length for the leshiy.

problem with those AVS they don't specify length for each weight. i'm pretty sure anything over 60g is going to be longer than the 0.42 magazine length for the leshiy.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Probably varies because each base type would change the actual dimension. I'm sure an email to him would satisfy our curiosity.

Pretty unsure about the 35 cal. Biggest limitation would be the size of the magazine as they are all essentially the same size just with different bore diameters for each. It would also be limited by the length of the magazine which I think can accommodate up to 11mm in length.

I haven't maxed out the regulator but I have it set to 170 bar with .303 61 gr NSA slugs. I haven't chrono'd it yet so I can't really say but it flies straight and true easily to 75 yards. I am also using the Huma Mod40 and a 450 barrel with the stock jets.

A small note on the mags, I have three of them in .30 and I think the tooling wasn't as precise on one as the others and the bores are just a hair larger than the other two. In my experience it should be pretty snug and the looser one has a few more random fliers. I'm still testing them so YMMV
Did the send you their slug mag? Seems to be a different size from their pellet mags, diameter wise...

What about single loading and you don't need a mag?

single load.JPG

I'm curious why you would want to single load a Leshiy? Definitely defeats the purpose of a semi auto.
#1 that comes to my mind is that no need to struggle with the mag, will that slug fit or not, will the mag cycle or not?
#2 you don't chose what projectile (pellet or slug) you want - or would like - to shoot - your barrel chooses that for you.
#3 you trying to chose a slug that fits the mag? You may be lucky .... and may not so much.
Otherwise, I am not shooting slugs from my L2 at all, I just put it up to a table to people squeaking about things.

Last edited:

I wrote to Edgun guys because I have a 350mm L2 in .25cal and they told me that if I put a 450mm barrel it will increase the velocity by 14%. That's quite a boost!