Diana Bandit AR conversion

I am shooting mine right now and moved it to the 75yd range. It will consistently hit small targets at that range with a 6” holdover being sighted in for 50yds. This pistol/carbine shouldn’t do this well at long range with 8gr Winchester domed pellets (haven’t tried the good stuff yet). I just clocked it @890fps, no wonder It will hit at a distance. To answer the question above wether they shoot better after the carbine conversion I will say yes. It shot well as a pistol and it shoots better as a carbine. I will say that the buffer tube conversion puts maximum tension on the hammer spring.

Reactions: Buckless Yooper
What does yours exactly look like? This is mine from April. I’m pretty sure he sells enough not to have a “prototype” laying around he would risk sending. Honestly sorry for the install issues, really am wondering how to help.

View attachment 284970
Mine does not look like that either the nut was just loose and added about a 1/2 hour to the assembly time.

I did the same conversion with my Diana Chaser and just love it, really a lot of fun to shoot.

ThomasT
Diana Chaser~Buck Rail-3A.jpg

Should get my “custom” 16in barrel with 1/2-20 threaded end via Brian at ArcheryFun tomorrow. Hoping to make this little thing even more fun. I can say between the excellent support of Terry and Brian. As well as you guys. I have never had more fun working on a gun. Powder Burner or otherwise.
Nice! I'd love to see a picture and read about your results

So my usual short story long disclaimer. Here goes. Contacted Wes at ArcheryFun mid April I believe. He was out of barrels but was due some 17in ones mid May. Told him sign me up. Roll Forward and order a Umarex Notos to scratch my Carbine Itch. Well that turned into a soup sandwich which is delayed till September, then now mid November :sneaky:.

Anyhow, got interested again in the Chaser I had bought for my Stepbrothers kid after he loved shooting my CP1m. I told him as long as he was interested we would work on it. Enter Wes again around early Sep. Messaged to ask about the barrels and he had unfortunately sold them all very quickly. He immediately responded that he was happy to cut a 18.5in barrel to my specs. We discussed optimal barrel length and moderator options. Ended up with the jewel below. 16in and threaded 1/2-20.

Couldn’t be happier with the response time or willingness of Wes to go above and beyond. Crown is beautiful and look forward to wrenching on Joshes gun next weekend. Will happily report results. https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/

Edit: Just to say not sure Wes is up to doing this all the time but I’m pretty sure he did me a favor for accidentally missing me on the initial list. Whatever he charges going forward it’s worth it for his quality and innovation. Also the bad Crown pic. Had some junk on it from pulling patches of Ballistol through earlier.

6C297708-AB2D-49D4-AC87-B5B99021F565.jpeg

1261B114-333F-4D24-BABD-2FE604A4BFAB.jpeg

B3AAD7BF-723A-4102-BB03-25196F077C5D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: badger5th
So my usual short story long disclaimer. Here goes. Contacted Wes at ArcheryFun mid April I believe. He was out of barrels but was due some 17in ones mid May. Told him sign me up. Roll Forward and order a Umarex Notos to scratch my Carbine Itch. Well that turned into a soup sandwich which is delayed till September, then now mid November :sneaky:.

Anyhow, got interested again in the Chaser I had bought for my Stepbrothers kid after he loved shooting my CP1m. I told him as long as he was interested we would work on it. Enter Wes again around early Sep. Messaged to ask about the barrels and he had unfortunately sold them all very quickly. He immediately responded that he was happy to cut a 18.5in barrel to my specs. We discussed optimal barrel length and moderator options. Ended up with the jewel below. 16in and threaded 1/2-20.

Couldn’t be happier with the response time or willingness of Wes to go above and beyond. Crown is beautiful and look forward to wrenching on Joshes gun next weekend. Will happily report results. https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/

Edit: Just to say not sure Wes is up to doing this all the time but I’m pretty sure he did me a favor for accidentally missing me on the initial list. Whatever he charges going forward it’s worth it for his quality and innovation. Also the bad Crown pic. Had some junk on it from pulling patches of Ballistol through earlier.

View attachment 291071

View attachment 291072

View attachment 291073
Neat project. Curious how much MV boost you get with the longer barrel/CO2 combo. The valve/hammer setting is likely optimized for the original chaser length pistol barrel. Will be more most likely but curious how much. Let us know.. Regards,

Neat project. Curious how much MV boost you get with the longer barrel/CO2 combo. The valve/hammer setting is likely optimized for the original chaser length pistol barrel. Will be more most likely but curious how much. Let us know.. Regards,
Will be interested to see as well. Eventually it will get a safepac when I figure out a HPA solution for him. For now grabbing the hammer spring from Froggys to add a little more push.

What do you think on your .22?

I bought the Chaser .22 on purpose to modify it with the Safepac (https://www.froggysairguns.com/product-page/diana-chaser-safepac-25cchpa-conversion) due to the price of it vs the Bandit.

SWMBO has a Bandit in .22, she shoots it all winter long in the shop at 10m and I really liked it so I thought about getting one but wanted a rifle and the Chaser was the only way to get the long barrel. Pyramid offered a kit for $105 last black friday and it took 3 months for it to arrive but I had already bought the AR conversion kit as well as the Safepac in advance in preparation for its arrival.

Once I fitted the Safepac and painted it to match the Chaser, I assembled it with the long barrel and charged it to 3000psi and got it on the chrony. The numbers can be found here: (https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=195812.0;topicseen).

Accuracy at 10m is fine, about 1/4" but 50m the groups open up to 2 MOA without some bore polishing. I can hit 1-1/2" spinners at 50m all day long now and has 20 fpe at the muzzle with CPHP's (the only thing I shoot in the Chaser) so it HUNTS!

The .177 is getting the Safepac and the .22 is getting the drop-block so I can add a 350cc bottle for extended plinking. The sweet-spot is 2600 PSI in the tank, CPCP's stabilize and shoot flat at 800 FPS.

Last thing: I swapped out a UGT Bugbuster 4x12x32 to lighten it up and I love the combination!!

Just an update. The Bandit carbine is now complete with the 16”bbl from Airguns/Archery fun that replaced the pistol bbl. Knowing how rough factory bbls can be I lapped the bore and polished the crown with a cratex tool before installing it. My results are mixed but fyi I found that the velocity stayed the same when I expected an increase. Accuracy improved but it was pretty accurate with the pistol bbl also. 75yd shooting from the bench with a low power scope it hits empty co2 cartridges. As this 177cal was always intended to shoot 50yds and under I call it success.

Pictured with it is it’s cousin, the beeman 2027 is also converted to carbine. Both are neat but I like the light weight of the Bandit.

B9795D3F-A6BC-41FA-8B7C-336984DB6E01.jpeg

631E7506-B964-43C2-A1E6-DA8BF74542E6.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT