daystate delta wolf worth the money?

When I thought I had a problem with the chronograph I would just slide a long q-tip in and out of the chronograph about the area where the two lens are, done. What's so hard about that?

Even though LM92 has decided on a Red Wolf, I want to clear up a misconception about the DW. The area of the chrono doesn't require cleaning very often, certainly no more than the barrel requires cleaning. For me, it hasn't been an issue...

Good choice on the Red Wolf. One thing I would recommend to give yourself maximum flexibility is to add a HeliBoard to your RW HP. That makes it SO much easier to adjust and gives maximum flexibility..

centercut dont get me wrong i still like the delta wolfs and will probably buy one in the future but the more i researched the more negatives i found, and it seems like finding a barrel change is non existent right now and the DW i was looking at was 30 cal, i already have a maverick 30 cal so figured i didnt need another one. got a good deal on a redwolf here on the classifieds from a member 

What Stoti says 👍👊

I'm sure I'm over 50k rounds in mine in 177, 22, and 25... mostly 22. It's big attraction is versatility with precision. I currently have about 40 custom tunes for multiple pellets in the 3 calibers that I have barrels for. They are simple to create and test. You will need a notepad to keep track, though 😉 The only failure I can think of was a pin in the cocking lever that came loose a few hundred rounds ago and caused a jam. Easy, cheap fix with a slightly tighter pin but that's over 40k through it. Valve is all stainless and has shown no wear. The hammer has no sliding resistance... only a return spring that keeps it center... so no wear. The electronics have been faultless like the RW and they have updated the tables a lot since the beginning , so they find the velocity in 2 or so shots in factory mode. In general, I wouldn't say they are more accurate than any other quality rifle but should be as good. The latest 22 barrel I have in mine seems more accurate and less batch sensitive than my well documented RW... Wally.

I really enjoy the ergonomics more than Wally and have been using it for most all my competitive needs and plinking. So easy to change to low power for some cheap plinking or offhand practice or crank it and do some long range. I need to step up and practice more to do it justice though.

Whether it's worth it is really a personal decision . I would say that if you don't PLAN TO USE the versatility, there are probably better options.

Just my $0.02.

Bob
Hi Bob would you be willing to send me the settings and what pellet they are for that you are using in your dw ? mine is a 22 and I have had a lot of problems with it befor I even shot it , had to send it back for repair ! and now I am have a hard time getting anything to group good at 25 y , I am waiting for more ammo to come so I can try some new weights and brands

I have a .30 as well as .25. The. 30 has been back to AoA twice, once for the cocking lever jamming and once to fix the chronograph housing which was causing harmonic issues.

The .25 is trouble free and shoots both the 33.95 and 25.39 well with the heavy being a bit more accurate (905 FPS).

The .30 shoots the 50 and 44 grain well but nothing above and beyond what any other high end PCP does.

Have had no luck with slugs from either caliber.

Almost bought the .22 Nate from the Airgun channel was selling but after a chat with some owners in the UK decided not to.
why didnt you just buy a barrel kit in the other caliber?

I have a delta wolf .25 600m it has all the upgrades they have made to date...reg, airstripper, software, and so on.....it shoots lights out!!! I love it!! and I am a guy who is always chasing hole in hole....lol, new reg made a lot of difference. I have a deck out m3 .25 700m that is dialed in......and I think the delta wolf shoots as good or maybe a little better! the delta wolf is more consistent that's for sure.

I have a delta wolf .25 600m it has all the upgrades they have made to date...reg, airstripper, software, and so on.....it shoots lights out!!! I love it!! and I am a guy who is always chasing hole in hole....lol, new reg made a lot of difference. I have a deck out m3 .25 700m that is dialed in......and I think the delta wolf shoots as good or maybe a little better! the delta wolf is more consistent that's for sure.
Awesome! Those upgrades are they not voiding the warranty? Or is that factory stuff? (Obviously not the software.)

I have the Impact M3 and I think it is going up for sale here as soon as it is back from service. I love it. But it is a bit too much of a tweaker rifle for me. I don't have a proper bench or tools, or the patience.

This question is asked about all kinds of discretionary purchases. I think the answer to another question resolves this one. How much is money worth to you? As with other commodities, it depends on how much you have. I have known people who could buy a quarter million dollar car with no more thought than I would give a Delta Wolf. We all rationalize our throw-away purchases.