Daystate Delta Wolf terrible groups.

Seriously get a bronze brush and wrap it with a thin layer of 0000 steel wool, use a solvent of choice WD40, Ballistol etc. brush several times, then use some dry patches. Repeat as necessary.

If the barrel is really that terribly machined then your not going to damage it further by aggressive cleaning. The first cleaning improved grouping?

I thought that's why the English drink warm beer, Lucas Electric for refrigeration.

Smitty
Don't let the smoke out, otherwise you'll need this.

Smokekit2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: SniperX and qball
Following a very thorough de-leading and clean. The first 5 shot group, quite acceptable for 30 yds, then 2nd then 3rd..........
O dear.
Leading up again after 30 shots. Exactly the way it behaved straight out the box. So not to be accused of shooting them too fast, they are all about 760 but speed creeping down, also indicating fouling.
Ive given it every chance as I really wanted to keep it. Perhaps new barrel would fix it but that ship has sailed.

View attachment 284823
That barrel looks like it’s not even remotely finished! Highly likely a bad mistake from barrel manufacture and who ever assembled the gun never checked it. I wouldn’t waste a single minute of frustration on it, send it back!!!

This is how a barrel should look like and it is not even a poly barrel which should be even smoother and mirror like!
7ED93A1E-8E0C-4CF7-976A-95D33351152C.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought you had decided the shop which sold you the rifle was going to give you a complete refund you could apply to the purchase of something else?

Seems to me the retailer is doing exactly what Daystate would expect them to do.

You have literally solved your problem. The retailer has done exactly what he should have done?

What next?

I have an idea! Why not just contact them directly, show them this thread and suggest a new barrel would be sufficient motivation to convince you to stop? If you play your cards right you might wind up with two barrels in different calibers... 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: AirGunShooter
I thought you had decided the shop which sold you the rifle was going to give you a complete refund you could apply to the purchase of something else?

Seems to me the retailer is doing exactly what Daystate would expect them to do.

But you are still here bashing Daystate? You have literally solved your problem. The retailer has done exactly what he should have done?

What next? Sit here for another week bashing Daystate?

How is he bashing Daystate? Many suggested a deep cleaning so he did and reported his results, nothing more.

Reactions: tibor
Anyway guys. Thanks for all advice. The gun is now the dealers problem.
Also thanks (on other thread) for gun suggestions. It looks like RTI has the most positive votes and I would really like the Prophet II, however in UK thanks to all those who voted to leave Europe, RTI, AGT etc are very hard to get with 2 months wait. Probable Ill go M3.
I just got an M3 and I'm very impressed.

Reactions: Yorkie

You have literally solved your problem. The retailer has done exactly what he should have done?

What next?

I have an idea! Why not just contact them directly, show them this thread and suggest a new barrel would be sufficient motivation to convince you to stop? If you play your cards right you might wind up with two barrels in different calibers... 🤔
Convince me to stop what? Shop did the honorable thing. Gun now returned to them with refund. Daystate were impossible to contact unless you lie and say you are retailer. Still have a soft spot for Daystate despite everything but wont risk another as the % of duds seems too high.

Convince me to stop what? Shop did the honorable thing. Gun now returned to them with refund. Daystate were impossible to contact unless you lie and say you are retailer. Still have a soft spot for Daystate despite everything but wont risk another as the % of duds seems too high.
Reference to convince you to stop removed. 🙄🥱

Last edited: