Other Custom Stocks for well anything

Mike at airgunstocks.com maybe but it's gonna cost you...lol.
Tom Davies is in the UK and well spoken of:
Custom Stocks in the UK has already been mentioned.
Craftsman Vit for laminates and he might well do wood but I never asked. Would also need to consider the way things currently are in the Ukraine???

Just received it yesterday.

IMG_3418.jpeg

IMG_3417.jpeg

Those are some gorgeous Corcoran stocks! I always wanted one for my HW50, I ended up picking up a couple of ARH closeouts for about $250 each. The wood certainly isn't as nice as Steve's, but I'm a sucker for almost any nice walnut 😁

View attachment 453242
Can't beat those. Really good looking stocks for the money, what a bargain.

Reactions: Green_Yamo
Sweet ! That came from the UK without damage ! Any issues with the Custom Import guys ?
The only issue I have is that I paid the extra for select walnut and it’s not quite as nice as I might expect. It is nice looking wood though and those pictures don’t quite do it justice.

Shipping was actually very fast. They emailed me that it was done on Monday and by Friday I had a stock.

One thing I wish I had been aware of is that with a thumb hole stock and a gun with an automatic safety you will have to get used to not being able to easily disengage the safety with your thumb. At first I found that this absolutely sucked and I thought that I had f-d up with this stock, but as I continued to plink I found that after about 50 shots it became habit to just slide my left hand back after closing the breech and disengage the safety.

Another thing is that walnut is significantly lighter than beech so a custom stock like this does change the balance, removes weight from the rear and makes it more front heavy.

I have purchased three stocks from Customstocks Ltd. Always added the “select wood” option. Definite differences in them. Two of the three (top two) are taken from the heartwood as they advertise. One (tyrolean) is not but has nice figure. It’s a roll of the dice. And that really stinks when spending this much on something.
BE12E11A-D5BC-4F82-9723-6B736A259656.jpeg

I agree with Dan, roll of the dice. I bought a CS700 stock with the "select wood" option. While it was nice I wouldn't have expected less without the option. It's a roll of the dice and I think BoG has won the wood lottery at least once, lol.

Here's mine, it's very nice, just depends what wood they have on hand at the time.

IMG_2258.jpgIMG_2256.jpg

Those are some gorgeous Corcoran stocks! I always wanted one for my HW50, I ended up picking up a couple of ARH closeouts for about $250 each. The wood certainly isn't as nice as Steve's, but I'm a sucker for almost any nice walnut 😁

View attachment 453242
IMG_4902.jpg
Good looking stocks. More interesting figure than mine, I think. The finish and feel in the hands is nice on these.

View attachment 453476Good looking stocks. More interesting figure than mine, I think. The finish and feel in the hands is nice on these.
Agreed. The fit, finish, and inletting on Jim's stocks are excellent. I did end up coating the inletting on both of my stocks with RLO, just for additional protection from the elements.

I have purchased three stocks from Customstocks Ltd. Always added the “select wood” option. Definite differences in them. Two of the three (top two) are taken from the heartwood as they advertise. One (tyrolean) is not but has nice figure. It’s a roll of the dice. And that really stinks when spending this much on something.View attachment 453347
Superb . I mean all three ! Wow .

Right now at this moment i am trying NOT to order a Lefty Tyro for one of my rifles , I think it is a losing battle !

and to

Sawney Bean

If they made a HW30 stock, it would already be on My HW30
Did someone say HW30 custom stock?

IMG_2389.jpeg

IMG_2386.jpeg

IMG_2388.jpeg

IMG_2387.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a three stocks from CSUK. I ordered select wood on two of them, they are nice, not great. $50 roll of the die each time. The best feature of the vendor is the ability to order a left handed stock on demand.

Very fast order processing and shipping. Very securely packaged and no issues with shipping or customs.

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
There's this guy in California-have not dealt with him. Pricey but nice looking stocks.
https://airgunstocks.com/
Looks like Steve P beat me to it
Mike repaired a HW 98 stock that snapped through the grip. He had some youtube photos showing the work. He made some jigs, then glued the broken pieces back together, then drilled and cut off the shank of that long drill bit and used it as a reinforcing rod. I can find a tiny spot that is an indication of a repair in the stippling, but if you did now know it had been repaired you could not tell.

He did take quite a bit of time, but I said no problem. He is in N. California and was having some extreme cold and had an unheated workshop. When he finished he shipped it back and said to pay what I thought it was worth. I gave a number about 70% the cost of a new stock and he said fine.

Reactions: fishing43