Crossman Premier HP's .22 not so cheap anymore.

So Ive been out of airgunning for about 8 months. I got injured and just now starting to get back into it. My goto cheapie pellet was the Crossman Premier Hollowpoint 500 .22 cal for $5 all day long on Amazon. Now it's $11 WTF??? It's litterly more than doubled in less than a year. Crazy. I'm about out and looking for a good deal on these or a good replacement.

I have had good experience up to about 50 yds or so and that's where I do a lot of shooting but man it got really expensive. Two questions

1) What is a good cheap alternative to the old Crossman Premier HP's?
2) Where can I find the best deals out there on cheap but good pelltes. .I'm interested in .22

Thanks and happy shooting.

My Walmarts have them for $6.96.

It actually amazes me to see them this cheap for so long, price haven’t changed in ages. While Costco intentionally loses money on the 1.50 hotdog as lost leader crosman still manages to make a buck at the same low price while veryone wants more pay and everything got more expensive.

I’m sure one day their prices will have to go up so I have stocked up well over 10k crosman pellets in 177 and 22. Maybe I should get more at the current rate.

So Ive been out of airgunning for about 8 months. I got injured and just now starting to get back into it. My goto cheapie pellet was the Crossman Premier Hollowpoint 500 .22 cal for $5 all day long on Amazon. Now it's $11 WTF??? It's litterly more than doubled in less than a year. Crazy. I'm about out and looking for a good deal on these or a good replacement.

I have had good experience up to about 50 yds or so and that's where I do a lot of shooting but man it got really expensive. Two questions

1) What is a good cheap alternative to the old Crossman Premier HP's?
2) Where can I find the best deals out there on cheap but good pelltes. .I'm interested in .22

Thanks and happy shooting.
Supply and demand, Amazon has the supply and the demand is still high, so why lower the price? You also pay for the convenience of getting almost everything in one spot. Don't use them. Bezos has more wealth than the bottom 20% of Americans, he's got enough already. Plus ordering everything from a single enity on line to be delivered isn't good for the planet, or our economy

Last edited:
Thanks guys I'm gonna stop by Walmart today and see if they have any. $7 isnt that bad considering. I just doubled checked and I was getting them delivered for 6.24-6.72 so $7 is not that much more. I hope I can find some tin's at my local WM. Not sure why I thought they were $5 a tin.
What I paid in May of 2023
1706891981707.png

What they cost today Feb of 2024 WOW
1706892117034.png

• Wow
Reactions: Airgun Al
I only shoot .177 and the selection of .177 pellets (Crosman domed 10.5 pellets aren't even available now) at my local Walmart has been dismal for several years. Since I don't shoot .22, I can't say what they have been going for, but just do a search on Walmart.com and you will see that even though "some" of you are still seeing really great pricing at your local WM stores, it will not last much longer. IMHO

So, if Crosman pellets work well in YOUR guns and you can get them at a "great" price locally, STOCK UP!

Sooner or later (sooner is my guess) they will be just as expensive as truly premium pellets just like they already are on PA and Amazon.

I stopped using CPUMs because Crosman didn't have quality control and what I ended up with LITERALLY looked like they swept the pellets up from the floor.

Note that these were the brown boxed 1250 count that are supposed to be "single die" and better than the tinned version. I still have about 15,000 of them! ((ARG!))

Not to mention the defects and mold artifacts and sprue that made them practically useless for accuracy/precision. Such a shame because at one time I could depend on CPUMs for accuracy and precision. That hasn't been the case for at least 2 or 3 years or longer.

I have found the FX branded 10.3 domed (made by JSB) to be exponentially better than the CPUMs and much more consistent than the same (multi-die) equivalent made and marketed by JSB with the JSB brand.

Just my humble opinion based on what I have seen and experienced.

Good luck to all!

All my best!

Kerry

Last edited:
I only shoot .177 and the selection of .177 pellets (Crosman domed 10.5 pellets aren't even available now) at my local Walmart has been dismal for several years. Since I don't shoot .22, I can't say what they have been going for, but just do a search on Walmart.com and you will see that even though "some" of you are still seeing really great pricing at your local WM stores, it will not last much longer. IMHO

So, if Crosman pellets work well in YOUR guns and you can get them at a "great" price locally, STOCK UP!

Sooner or later (sooner is my guess) they will be just as expensive at truly premium pellets just like they already are on PA and Amazon.

I stopped using CPUMs because Crosman didn't have quality control and what I ended up with LITERALLY looked like they swept the pellets up from the floor.

Note that these were the brown boxed 1250 count that are supposed to be "single die" and better than the tinned version.

Not to mention the defects and mold artifacts and sprue that made them practically useless for accuracy/precision. Such a shame because at one time I could depend on CPUMs for accuracy and precision. That hasn't been the case for at least 2 or 3 years.

I have found the FX branded 10.3 domed (made by JSB) to be exponentially better than the CPUMs and much more consistent than the same (multi-die) equivalent made and marketed by JSB with the JSB brand.

Just my humble opinion based on what I have seen and experienced.

Good luck to all!

All my best!

Kerry
If the jsb were $7 for a tin of 500 I'd be all over it. I do sift through the tin and pull all of the deformed pellets and save them for the kids to shoot. In general They do ok for plinking at up to 50 yds if I wanted to get more serious then I pull out the better ammo. The crossmans are great value but they do have their place.

If the jsb were $7 for a tin of 500 I'd be all over it. I do sift through the tin and pull all of the deformed pellets and save them for the kids to shoot. In general They do ok for plinking at up to 50 yds if I wanted to get more serious then I pull out the better ammo. The crossmans are great value but they do have their place.
As I said, stock up. They won't be cheap locally much longer. If all you do is plink with them, fine. If you are serious about accuracy and precision, then look elsewhere. Although all I do is pest, I want to make clean kills. I can't do that with CPUMs anymore, although I could several years ago... just not now.

It all depends on your need for accuracy/precision. I need accuracy/precision to make clean kills on tree rats and chipmunks. Although I am a not perfect shot, I do everything I can to make sure I have the best chance to make clean kills on the pests.

CPUMs simply don't provide that level of accuracy/precision that I need.

All my best!

Kerry

Reactions: maxtrouble