cricket or wildcat mkII in .25

was pretty set on the cricket then comes along the wildcat mkII. accuracy is my main objective and it seems like the cricket might just edge out the wildcat. however from the couple of reviews thus far, it seems the new wildcat may equal or better the cricket.

i like the wildcat design better but accuracy is my main objective (e.g., i like the forward cocking lever on the wildcat but would not sacrifice accuracy to get it).

then again maybe i'm over researching and either gun would be equally accurate.

thanks in advance...

For your intended purpose, flip a coin. My cricket was a powerhouse right out of the box shooting 25's at 960 with 48 shots on the reg. Very accurate and easy to work on. Not the newest kid on the block, but a solid platform that just works well. I guess it would depend on when the X barrel will be available and how much extra it's going to cost. You probably can't go wrong with either.

Cricket in .25, 12 shot mags, 60 shots per fill on reg shooting JSB 34 grain. Accuracy...Paint balls on golf T's every shot a hit at 50 yards (and it will do it at 100 yards in calm conditions with a good shooter). Mine is the second PCP I ever purchased.

They are vastly heavier than any Wildcat ever made.

I do desperately want the Wildcat II .25 Compact though.

Thurmond

"CHUCK"Hey Intenseaty, do you own a Power Tuned Cricket 25? And do you have any first hand experience with its accuracy and performance to recommend someone buy one? I am just curious because a friend of mine was thinking of spending a couple thousand dollars on one and wants to know about its accuracy too.
I own neither the FX or the Cricket (yet). I do own a .22 Cricket. It is very accurate.

I’m not recommending anyone to buy it though, I am recommending that it be considered for hunting specifically. I do know a few guys that own one and they all rave about it’s accuracy. I will get one from Charlie at Georgia Airguns eventually, I’m not too far from there. I can’t vouche for the stock version out of the box, but I can vouch for it after Charlie delivers it. He adds a plenum to the .25 (power tune) and changes the spring, laps the barrel, etc. Yeah, I can recommend one of his Crickets even if I have no first hand. Will it stack pellet on pellet like your Wildcat? Don’t know, that is hard to beat, what you have done with yours is pretty impressive indeed. 

"CHUCK"Hey Intenseaty, do you own a Power Tuned Cricket 25? And do you have any first hand experience with its accuracy and performance to recommend someone buy one? I am just curious because a friend of mine was thinking of spending a couple thousand dollars on one and wants to know about its accuracy too.
Hey Chuck, if I had a friend that knew how to play the Wildcat like a fiddle, I would buy the Wildcat instead, and have my friend teach me how to play it too.
I don’t have a friend, so I must rely on someone to do it for me, for a fee. I may consider the new 
WC compact, now that FX is close by (NC) and easy for me to ship to Ernest, After I see how it does from some of you. 

I owned a Georgia Airguns power tuned Cricket 25 for about 6 months before I sold it. It was an honest hammer and very quiet for the power it out out. Mine was tuned to shoot the MKII’s at 915 for about 44 shots on reg. Accuracy was nothing to snivel about either, 1.5” groups at 100 we’re commonplace with the occasional 1” or smaller group. I sold it because I didnt care for the mag indexing mechanism and honestly it just didn’t fit me well. It felt like I was shooting a 2”x6” block of wood. Haha. That is entirely a personal thing. With the magazine indexing issue, the little lever would occasionally get bent and render the indexing function useless. It was a simple fix and I believe there are mods out there to fix this issue completely. I sold that rifle and bought a WAR Flex. Just my experiences. I want a new Wildcat MKII .25 compact now. Seems like the perfect hunter 

I own a Cricket .25 and have taken down 3 coons with headshots at ranges between 25-40 yards out of my trees in the back yard. They were dead before they hit the dirt. I've also killed squirrels out to 75 yards with the gun without much of an issue. It's one of my favorite guns and just gives the shooter a lot of confidence with each shot. Out of the box mine is putting out a little over 50 ft lbs with the 25.4g JSB's. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. I never felt I needed a power tune, especially at the ranges I'm shooting at (under 75 yards). It'll come down to personal choice. I'm not selling mine :)

I owned .177 .22 and .25 Crickets. I had a .25 tuned to shoot the 25.3's at 915 fps, traded and worked on the new .25 tuned it for 885 with the 33.95's. It's a lot of gun and the most accurate gun I've seen. The new MK2 is now about the same length as the .25 Cricket. The Cricket holds 12 rounds and the loaded mags with the holder puts another 5 ounce plus of weight, the black plastic stock also adds weight. The magazine system is very simple and in 3 plus years no issues. Ernest Rowe put out excellent videos to help with tuning-maintainence . (surely many FX ones will follow with his involvement)After polishing, and going over every part of the gun they are very easy to work on. (you do need the 27 mm socket and a grinding wheel to make it work) The .25 bucks the wind way better than the .22 The 33.95's are a pleasure to shoot, but as others have posted a .22 will do the job for you. Edgun west did a video comparing velocities from the .22 and .25 Edgun. A higher BC was achieved at 885, as compared to 920 with the .22. I detuned mine prior to his video to get a 20 yd zero and the second zero is 45-46 yds. I get the same results with the .25 shooting the 33.95's. The lower velocity minimizes the mid range arch and both guns have about a 3/4" rise in the mid 30 yard range. At shorter distances it's about 1.75" at 5 yds. 1" at 10 yards and 1/2" holdover at 15 yards. All the guns had the same medium mounts and scope, and the compact .177 shooting the 10.3's at 915 fps handled almost the same. The barrel change is a nice feature on the Wildcat, the Cricket will shoot the 25.39's at a little shy of 1000 fps, and I can hit 1" Christmas balls at 73 yards, the 33.95's work better and my hit ratio improves. I never tried another pellet in this Cricket other than the JSB's

I have a power tuned Cricket done by Charlie Frear at Georgia Airguns. It shoots 25 gr JSBs at 1010 fps and 33 grainers at 915 fps. Accuracy is comparable to my RAW.