Cost $$ to fill a 75 Cu. Ft. tank in Reno Nv. ?

In Denmark i think the going / average price to fill a 12 L bottle is 100 Dkkr - 120/130 if it is a 300 BAR one 14 - 18/19 USD.
You can get it done cheaper too, and also more expensive,,, like a lot more, really from having just looked " There is something rotten in the state od Denmark "
Some shops have like a Fill ATM machine, so if you are a member you can go fill bottles day and night, even if you are a diver and need ! special " mixes, though you of course also need to be certified to pump that.

I think come Monday i will try to let a local store fill my new carbon fiber bottle, their price is 0.04 DKKr for every liter they can cram in there.

Not sure about some of this info in here. Maybe some are getting bad info from the places they go. In the US scba tanks have to be hydro tested every five years starting from the date of manufacture stamped on your tank. That testing is good for 15 years. After 15 years the life can be extended by the digital wave company mentioned. However, that test is very expensive and once done has to be repeated every 5 years for the remainder of the 15 year extension. The 40 dollar hydro test no longer applies. You must send the tank back to digital wave for the several hundred dollar test every five years making the 15 additional year extension not economically viable. However if some of you have shops not following this I guess 🤷‍♂️ good for you as long as nothing happens but what is described above is how it is supposed to go down. This was verified after several in-depth conversations with digital wave themselves.
As far as cost here it used to be 10 bucks. I just recently in 2024 filled 2 tanks and it was 27 dollars. I was like damn.

Well, the info is a bit haphazard, and perhaps I contributed to the confusion because I wasn't at first aware of the certification extension interval that changed things.

There are two types of SCBA tanks, newer & stronger CFRP (Carbon Fiber) and GFRP (Glass Fiber aka fiberglass) Reinforced Polymer. The older GFRP tanks have a hydro interval of 3 years, and the CFRP have a 5 years interval, with both "dying" after 15 years. The aluminum tank inside is simply for maintaining gas, the fiber wrapping is where the strength comes in. And the resin on the outside can fail testing earlier or later based on environment and use (compare a firefighter SCBA or Naval SCBA tank to what we do; mostly coddling the tanks and protecting them very well). The 15-year limit established in the 1990's was initially due to the lack of safety data on the tanks, and was changed due to experience over time.

Consider that the US Navy has over 400,000 "operational years" of use of SCBA tanks without a single failure, and it only makes sense that the newer tanks will probably last a lifetime for folks like us. It just sucks that MAE testing is so limited and so expensive. After reading the post above, I sent a request to HDW to get a price quote and turn-around time for a 15-year MAE inspection. WIll report back once they reply to me. Just a guess, but it will probably be cheaper to buy a brand new tank every 15 years if one has to reply on paying someone to refill their tanks.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Its still $10 per fill here, and $25 for a hydro inspection every 5 years.
I just checked a few weeks ago, as I expected the price to have risen, like everything else.
So far so good.
It just dosent make any sense for me to purchase and maintain a compressor of my own, at these rates.
Same here, but at a fill every two weeks, that's $260 a year just for fills, not counting gas and time spent driving. For me, it was worth it.

Unfortunately, in 15 it will require MAE testing every 5 years instead of hydrostatic testing, and that gets pricey. $375 plus shipping both ways the 5th year, then $110 the next two 5-year cycles. Cheaper just to buy another new tank and have it shipped once.)

That new 7500psi compressor from AEA, ...MIGHT....be a game changer???
I use the word "MIGHT", loosly, as its not yet released, so no long term reviews .....yet.
If it can fill my large 4500 psi SCBA tanks as fast as a CS4, priced like a CS4, or even $100 more, gets rid of the "Grease Pot", has lower connecting rod lubrication, good customer service, and most importantly....stands the test of time, it should sell very well.

30 to 45 dollars here in West Texas, No matter what size the tank, refills to empty tanks same price, Got to watch them keep them from getting the 24 inch monkey wrench out to tighten it down,
Mike
Wow, time to buy your own compressor or get a new filler. That's crazy pricing. I pay $10 and think it's too much. SCUBA is only like $4 per fill.