Compact PCP wanted... but which?

I get 58 shots out of my Prophet Performance Compact .22 shooting 18 grain AA at 858 before it falls off the reg with a 300 bar fill at the current tune. It also shoots Hades at 919 and AA16 at 902 at the same tune but the 18s are the most accurate.

The benefits of the RTI platform is the ability to easily tune it to whatever you want to shoot. It’s got a ton of power on tap if required or can be tamed down just as easily. The current tune is Reg. 120 Bar and HS Flush.

This is my main pesting rifle. And don’t let the diminutive size fool you because I dropped a pigeon @147 yards.

It works great with a moderator but if you want to maintain the short length and keep it quiet too then I recommend MikeVV’s shroud mod of adding the 5 Pulsar baffles and spring. It’s almost as quiet as with an externally mounted LDC.

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleShooter
Bluemoon, I've got the full size prophet .22 LR as well and I think the side shrouds are the same length of pull on both rifles. The main differences are the barrel length and bottle size. If you are looking for simplicity of design, ease of tuning and a robust rifle then the Prophet has all three in spades. The only add on that is needed IMO is a 3D printed cheek rest.

I should add that the Prophet has an easily adjustable trigger that is as good as the Vet's trigger and perhaps even better. I had a full size Uragan and its trigger was equal to the Vet however I much prefer the Prophets triggers.

The only negative that I can find with the Prophet compact is the ping sound it makes when breaking a shot. Its not that loud but its certainly louder than I remember the Vet or Uragan's ping but it seems that is somewhat of a shared commonality on the Eastern rifles.

Reactions: Sc0-
So to those that are supporting the Uragan compact I have a few questions for you, how easily can the hammer spring be adjusted? is there availability to switch calibers on this gun? one of the things I really like about my current taipan is the ability to just hammer spring tension but I'm more of a set and forget kind of shooter and don't want to have to change my hammer tension constantly as I do many different pesting operations i.e.in barns for birds and rats, outside at longer ranges, ground hogs at even longer ranges. that's why id want a compact for my indoor pesting types. something I don't have to mess with constantly although the ability to tune down slightly would be nice... an the ability to change between .177 and .22 would also be helpful... decisions decisions.

thanks everyone for all the help and input!

-Evan

The UC is easily adjusted, but you have to take the stock off to do it. I saw a picture where someone added a few notches to their stock so they could adjust externally - I haven't built up the nerve to try this, but I want to. 

The way the barrel attaches on the UC I wouldn't want to switch calibers - ever. It a lot of work to break down the UC to get the barrel out and then some alignment when putting it back together.

Igolfat8, I am surprised to learn the 'body' is the same size for both versions of prophet.

When I mentioned a conversion kit, they offer both ways. Full to compact or compact to full. I assume at least 1/2" difference??? Or they would have cheated feeling customers??

Screenshot_20220208-074946_Firefox.1644335910.jpg

Well the reason I was not looking at the Katran compact is because of length. The three rifles I was comparing here are bullpups and short ones at that. With some of these, i may have to add a moderator on the end but over all the rifle is still staying shorter than a standard or long barreled gun that also needs a moderator. The reason I was not looking at the maverick or maverick compact is because it is too much for me to tune for and it seems FX has some kinks to work out with this rifle? (many users not getting a 20 moa rail which was promised, just some out of box things that may need to messed with such as some coming with un aligned barrels which I know can be fixed, plus I really do not like where the safety is on the maverick). 

Do we know if there are any dealers in the US that sell the conversion kit pictured above? I know AOA and Talon Tunes sell the barrel kits.

Igolfat8, I am surprised to learn the 'body' is the same size for both versions of prophet.

When I mentioned a conversion kit, they offer both ways. Full to compact or compact to full. I assume at least 1/2" difference??? Or they would have cheated feeling customers??

Screenshot_20220208-074946_Firefox.1644335910.jpg

If you zoom in on the rear portion of the shrouds the only difference is the compact shroud says COMPACT on it just below the word Prophet. I’m 99% sure that they are both the exact same size.

I get 58 shots out of my Prophet Performance Compact .22 shooting 18 grain AA at 858 before it falls off the reg with a 300 bar fill at the current tune. It also shoots Hades at 919 and AA16 at 902 at the same tune but the 18s are the most accurate.

That sounds really good!

Are those 58 shots with or without an extended plenum?

And what's your shot count at the 120 bar tune you referred to? What MV/projectile?

Thanks, 👍🏼
Matthias

RTI skimped out on specs and technical details didn't they? Not a whole lot of Bullpup options that offer adjustable hammers and externally adjustable regulators. Is it needed everytime you want to use it, no but it's nice to set it up to shoot exactly the way you want it. A caliber change on the Prophet 2 is pretty easy and super quick from looking at the manual, much easier than on my RAW. Another soon to be option that isn't released in the US yet, is the Krait. These are all looking the same, hopefully Steve Corcoran will cook something up for them that has color.

What's a high shot count to you? I have a .22 Taipan Veteran Short and love it. Extremely accurate. I shoot JSB 16gr at 880fps. Then 2 turns CCW on DonnyFL speed dial gets me at 640fps with the same pellets which I use on close range birds in our barns. I get about 60 shots at 880fps at 250bar fill. Now lower power can get quite a bit more. Just depends what you want shot count wise. The Prophet would be an awesome gun to get I think. I would have went that way maybe if I didn't have the Short. But just to try it as I don't know if it's better or not.

Plus 1 on the veteran short, it meets all your criteria but I will say, I recently acquired and MK2 impact compact .177 and it too is awesome.