• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Carbine Itch ...

Oh man, I thought I was all set with my PCP collection... but, I have an itch that I need to scratch. I want a new carbine. Not sure why, as I have a .25 Wildcat which is kinda like a carbine (I think) and is my favorite gun to shoot, and a few Airforce guns, two of which that are tricked out and bad to the bone, that I use for long range power shooting. Again, kinda carbine like... or is it?

I really like the looks and early reviews of the Cricket Mini, but want a 25 cal. The standard Cricket carbine looks great and I think Charlie has them in stock. The Vulcan with the new side lever looks wicked cool and may fit the bill... 

Looking for some advice. I believe the Cricket and Vulcan are relatively the same in terms of power and accuracy. Which one has better ergonomics and magazine design? Which one would you choose and why? Should I wait to see if Kalbrgun comes out with the Mini in .25?

I'm glad it is you and not me that has to make this decision......It took me two years to wade thru all the info, my preferences, everybody reviews, videos.....ugh! Two long years then I pulled the trigger. Let me save you some heartache, just get em both, you'll live longer....and happier! (if a wife unit is involved, then that's another issue, no advice there lol)
Keep us informed!

I have the Cricket Mini in .22 & I'm liking it a lot. Never did handle the Vulcan. If .25 is the caliber you want & you want it now, may have to go for the Vulcan. I did ask Charlie about it, & he says the accuracy is about the same on both & will be down to ergos after that. I have yet to really put the Mini through it's paces, but Mick has put up a lot of info on it. 

I really like the semi bullpup mini Carbine type form factor. The KGun Mini Carbine is currently only offered in .22.

Vulcan tactic (with new side lever) would be a very good performer in this semi bullpup Carbine configuration. I posted some info on the bullpup version which uses same action including stock weights and performance data. I could not recommend a synthetic stock though unless you don't mind lugging around an extra pound and it's also a little slick to the touch.

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/agn-tech-vulcan-various-stock-weights/

The AGT Vulcan owner was previously an engineer at KGun so many design philosophies are shared.

My two + years of Vulcan ownership has been effortless. No fuss no muss, not even a single o-ring yet and I shoot it ALOT. Accurate, reliable, and repeatable. It's an absolute hammer for a .25 that shoots both the .25 grain Skinny Kings and the .34 grain MK2 Fat Kings with surgical precision.