"Budget friendly" "High end optics"

I bought an Arken ep 5, I was skeptical at first and scared thinking what have I done? Turns out the 25 yard minimum parallax doesn't mean didly squat to me. I can reference a target 20' well maybe 30' away the size of a mouse just fine you just can't use the higher mag with these closer targets. Definitely not a high end scope but is budget friendly.

I'm splitting small limbs and branches at these distances. Holds zero. Give it a shot?

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Which model and will parallax focus to down 10 yards?
43FF3779-B17D-4D21-A646-2C5A74A524EE.jpeg

It easily focuses down to 10 yards on lower power settings
4B06A9BE-8D9F-4BE2-A0F4-88851A036F39.jpeg

I have a 3-12FFP and 4-16FFP. Both pretty decent glass and compact. I'd skip on their IR though as it isn't very good. Some people complain about a very thin reticle on the lower magnification, and i don't disagree, but hasn't been a problem for me.
I was looking at these scopes too for hunting/pesting. Are there any difference besides magnification? Would you recommend the 3-12 vs 4-16? What I am concern about is not being able to see the thin reticle on min magnification.

I was looking at these scopes too for hunting/pesting. Are there any difference besides magnification? Would you recommend the 3-12 vs 4-16? What I am concern about is not being able to see the thin reticle on min magnification.

The reticle on the Veyron is extremely thin at lower magnifications. I don't have glasses/contacts and I have young 27 year old eyes, but it was unusable at lower magnifications in anything other than a clean target style background.

The reticle on the Veyron is extremely thin at lower magnifications. I don't have glasses/contacts and I have young 27 year old eyes, but it was unusable at lower magnifications in anything other than a clean target style background.
Thanks UCChris. My other thought was try the Veyron SFP and use turret dial for distance. Maybe that would be better option then ffp?

Reactions: UCChris
I'm late to the scope party....
More work than the day has hours....

To give you a better overview of scopes in the
▪ 6-24x | 5-30x | 4-20x magnification
with
▪ 10 yard parallax (some 15y)
and
▪ exposed turrets
and
▪ holdoff reticle —
here is a Scope Specs Table:

Almost 100 scopes, most of them
▪︎ $200—$500,
▪︎ divided in SFP and FFP.

With
▪︎ warranty info,
▪︎ reticle info,
▪︎ IR or not,
▪︎ weight,
▪︎ length,
▪︎ field of view.

Cheers

Matthias

❌ Attachment:

View attachment SCOPE Specs Table. For 6-24x (5-25x) or 5-30x or 4-20x.pdf

Reactions: 2L8 and steve123
..... My good friend purchased an airacuda max .22 per my recommendation and after shooting his I honestly fell inlove with it and bought myself a .25 , with that said I am looking for a quality optic with great pricing. I absolutely LOVED my titan 1c MRAD I had on my alpha wolf and on my taipan long, I just am going the other direction with airgunning for now, producing high end results with budget setups. The market is changing for the better for those who cannot afford to be airgun gigachads and I am going to start enjoying the "budget" line ups. Ive never used an Arken but hear good things, rifle is going to be primarily a table top gun, looking for high mag.... any suggestions?
Kevin, have you decided?

Patrick