Tuning Brocock Fill Valve Fix!

I know there is one (or several ) discussing this, but thought this was important enough for a new one. Just wanted to give a little PSA update for anyone still suffering from their Brocock fill valve leaking. I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere in my searches, but if was I apologize, and admins please feel free to delete or merge. AOA made is sound like they just received the updated fill valves recently so I thought maybe this was news

I have a Brockcock Sniper XR from the first production run of the gun (switch from Bantam to XR). Had my gun since spring / summer of 2020

Was still having issues with the fill valve sticking open every 4th-5th fill. Been happening on and off since I got the gun. I have a Chinese carbon fiber tank I use to fill gun bottle for reference.

Happened at the range again yesterday. Got tired of emptying the gun bottle and tearing the fill valve apart only to have the same issue pop back up.

Stopped by AOA yesterday on the way home from the range to say enough is enough (I’d already visited them about the issue once before).

GOOD NEWS! Brockcock has released an updated replacement redesigned fill valve for. AOA is swapping them out for free. If you’re not local they’ll probably just send you one if you purchased rough them. If not just contact whoever you purchased through. I’m sure they’ll take care of you. If you don’t have the little tool to take the valve out they’ll give one of those too (they gave me one and several o-rings back in 2020)

Probably applies to other Brockcock models as well.

Forgot to mention, when they handed me the gun back yesterday, I hooked it up to my bottle and intentionally whacked the valve wide open to fill it and see if I could induce the same valve malfunction.

At least when filling the bottle from empty it worked just fine.

Time will tell if the fix actually works since it usually only happens to me on the 4th or 5th top off.

I had the same leaky fill port issue with my Sniper XR too (and we’re not the only ones). I just swapped out the factory valve with one I found on Amazon for like ten bucks. No problems since then. Aero Sentinels on youtube did a video addressing this exact issue.

Good info. Thank you.

Can you point me to the one you got on Amazon?

If I continue to have problems I’ll look into it. 

Hmm any idea what the actual problem is with the valve? The EVOLs can have this problem too, but polishing the check valves (and replacing hard o-rings) was what I had to do to resolve this on a few of them.

Not sure. I think it's just a bad design. Kip at AOA polished the internals on their lathe when I first had the issue as well. Didn't fix the problem.

I think Brocock issuing a redesigned part is good. At least they're acknowledging the problem.

Pretty sure it was this one…..just took the old one out with needle nose pliers, teflon taped this one and put it in. I’ve probably filled my XR about 30 times with this new valve and zero issues.

https://www.amazon.com/IORMAN-Universal-Quick-Disconnect-Paintball-Fittings/dp/B07HKXV157/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?crid=3F5TQ2ZSQBCPS&keywords=1%2F8+bsp+fitting&pscroll=1&qid=1642892897&sprefix=1%2F8+bsp+fi%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-16&wIndexMainSlot=26

Wait. You put this IN your gun in place of the factory valve?

Do you fill from a tank? Does the tank has a regulating valve to keep the keep from coming out of the tank too fast?

Don't know what actually caused it but it would eat up the O ring in the valve.

Contacted AOA quite a while back and they sent me - free - some replacement O rings cause they did not have the new valves in stock. Later they sent the new valve. Great service.

Here is what I came up with in case it happens again, so I can keep on shooting: See my post on Feb 28, 2021 titled. Every Brocock owner should have one. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/every-brocock-owner-should-have-one/?referrer=1

Don't know what actually caused it but it would eat up the O ring in the valve.

Contacted AOA quite a while back and they sent me - free - some replacement O rings cause they did not have the new valves in stock. Later they sent the new valve. Great service.

Here is what I came up with in case it happens again, so I can keep on shooting: See my post on Feb 28, 2021 titled. Every Brocock owner should have one. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/every-brocock-owner-should-have-one/?referrer=1

I was always able to get the old style to work again, just had to break it seat every thing and I was back in business….for 4-5 fills.

I just got in the habit of always having the tools with me to do it.

I actually went through very few o-rings. When I took the valve apart 99.9% the o-ring was fine. I simply took the valve apart. Put it was together and it held for a few fills.

Hoping the redesigned valve holds. Fingers crossed. 

Pretty sure it was this one…..just took the old one out with needle nose pliers, teflon taped this one and put it in. I’ve probably filled my XR about 30 times with this new valve and zero issues.

https://www.amazon.com/IORMAN-Universal-Quick-Disconnect-Paintball-Fittings/dp/B07HKXV157/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?crid=3F5TQ2ZSQBCPS&keywords=1%2F8+bsp+fitting&pscroll=1&qid=1642892897&sprefix=1%2F8+bsp+fi%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-16&wIndexMainSlot=26

Daryl, if you don’t have one of those little specialty tools to remove the valve, AOA gave me one for free. I’m sure of you contact them or whoever you purchased from I’m sure they’d send you the valve and tool. 

Yes I did, and it’s worked far longer than the Brocock valve did. And I fill it with an Umarex ReadyAir compressor.
Let me ask you this.The fitting you have pictured has npt threads.The Brocock rifle fill port is 1/8bsp threads.So,how in the world did you install this and have it work without leaking ,consideringbthey are two very different threads?