Best version of the FX Panthera for hunting.

Sorry brother, but at this point I think you need to study a bit more,...said in a friendly way 😉
All right I will. I just get frustrated when I know the air guns stats on power, accuracy, etc and how pellets and slugs work. I just can't explain my knowledge real well. I have always had a problem with communication and how I express words.

Sorry man but I do stop my attempt here…
Okay I have to stop. I don't know why but I am getting frustrated. I know how PB bullets work but not how pellets and airgun slugs work. I deeply apologize if I have made you upset. As you have seen I get very defensive and pride full. And I really apologize for that. Please tell me how airgun projectiles work vs how PB projectiles like .22lr compare.

@Tonyo155, you might PM some of the members you admire. Just temper your expectations a bit and read up on the good advice being given you.
@L.Leon I am just so frustrated with my self. Every hour I keep changing guns. I always change. Yesterday it was the Brocock Ghost HP. Now it is the FX Panthera. I change everyday and it sucks. That is why I

I hope you sincerely mean your apologies . If so accepted as long as you promise to stick within 100 yards or so with airgun hunting. ( with appropriate caliber on appropriate game )
Airgun projectiles are meanwhile perfectly fine for hunting , especially when you check on so called “slugs” that also the panthera is built to shoot. The difference between “your” .22lr and a good slug is not so much the projectile but the sheer power/energy they are shot with. The fpe or joules on target differ still a lot and that makes the difference that is of course even far , far bigger when considering heavier hunting calibers. We speak about 10 fold energy and more Vs a state of the art airgun. This does not mean that an airgun cannot be a perfect hunting tool. On the contrary. I would prefer a pcp in many Situations over a pb. BUT know your limits…….. SHOT PLACEMENT . SHOT PLACEMENT AND SHOTPLACEMENT ….If you are not sure you can hit your target on the haircrossings in your scope within an inch. Don’t shoot. With lots and lots of practice depending on the physical conditions during a hunt you could maybe become a confident 100 yards hunter. Studying things like like winddrift, projectile trajectory and other ballistic stuff play an important role wether you will be successful or not. More so than what airgun you buy….

p.s just for your information I do shoot a lot and have a bit of experience as well but do limit my hunting with airguns to around 70 yards with a .22 compact wildcat MK3 ( 65 joukes) with slugs. This of course is not a rule or so but my personal limit on ethical hunting with my gun and my capacities.

Last edited:
I hope you sincerely mean your apologies . If so accepted as long as you promise to stick within 100 yards or so with airgun hunting. ( with appropriate caliber on appropriate game )
Airgun projectiles are meanwhile perfectly fine for hunting , especially when you check on so called “slugs” that also the panthera is built to shoot. The difference between “your” .22lr and a good slug is not so much the projectile but the sheer power/energy they are shot with. The fpe or joules on target differ still a lot and that makes the difference that is of course even far , far bigger when considering heavier hunting calibers. We speak about 10 fold energy and more Vs a state of the art airgun. This does not mean that an airgun cannot be a perfect hunting tool. On the contrary. I would prefer a pcp in many Situations over a pb. BUT know your limits…….. SHOT PLACEMENT . SHOT PLACEMENT AND SHOTPLACEMENT ….If you are not sure you can hit your target on the haircrossings in your scope within an inch. Don’t shoot. With lots and lots of practice depending on the physical conditions during a hunt you could maybe become a confident 100 yards hunter. Studying things like like winddrift, projectile trajectory and other ballistic stuff play an important role wether you will be successful or not. More so than what airgun you buy….
@ladwict I do sincerely mean my apologies. I just think about things that might or might not come into fruition. I am a preparer. I think about things that might happen instead of things that will more than likely happen. I don't want to take shots past 100 yards.

Reactions: ladwict
I only have a Wildcat MKIII compact in .22 with some after market stuff to make it work well with slugs at around 65 joukes. with a DELTA titanium 2.5-16 x56 scope. Perfect for small game . For fox, raccoon , small pigs etc I would step up a bit In power. These days you can reach high power with .35 pcp’s but airconsumption is accordingly of course and ammunition costs are in a different leage. In .22 there is a lot of efficient hunting and plinking stuff to be had these days. It depends on your type of game you intend to shoot . What do you want to hunt ? I am sure some good tips will come to you when people know your intentions better.

I only have a Wildcat MKIII compact in .22 with some after market stuff to make it work well with slugs at around 65 joukes. with a DELTA titanium 2.5-16 x56 scope. Perfect for small game . For fox, raccoon , small pigs etc I would step up a bit In power. These days you can reach high power with .35 pcp’s but airconsumption is accordingly of course and ammunition costs are in a different leage. In .22 there is a lot of efficient hunting and plinking stuff to be had these days. It depends on your type of game you intend to shoot . What do you want to hunt ? I am sure some good tips will come to you when people know your intentions better.
I want to hunt everything up to the size of a Groundhog or Raccoon. 100 yards or less. I will be hunting in forests and quite possibly dairies as well. I am looking a gun with good tuning. Good range of power. Great accuracy, ten pounds or less in weight. Shot count more than 20 shots.

Unless your doing PRS. M3 is king 100% it is so easy to dial in. 500mm is amazing. To me once you put a mod on it anything over a 500mm is too long. Unless you are doing competiton. 500mm impact can do pellets or slugs no problem. That's my experience. However I like 300bar 4300ish psi bottles. Lots of pew pew's
I really like the M3 as well. But this will be the second PCP I have ever owned. I want one with tunability but the M3 seems very complex. With the Panthera it seems easier to tune.