Beeman RX 1

I went the Theoben route in .25, .22, and .20 in 1999. All scoped with Weaver V16s.

The RX 1 was the "copied" Theoben and about a third up to a half less in price depending on timing and where you were buying.

The Gas Ram to me (I kept one out of 5 gas rams since I had two .20s and two .22s) was a harder rifle to use, but definitely worth taking the time to learn to shoot it right!

I kept the .25 caliber Eliminator out of all the other Eliminators I had bought and used. The .20 in a Gas Ram copied the .22 as far as I was concerned and the .25 beat the duffel feathers out of the two .20s and two .22s using the same scope and type of pellet (Weaver V-16 and HN).

So the fastest .25 I own is the Theoben Eliminator and to be honest at 705 fps for Barracuda pellets at the muzzle it hasn't varied since around 1999 and it still shoots today to point of impact with the Weaver V-16 I had put on it!

It takes 69 lbs of cocking force. There is the RUB! You or I cannot SUSTAIN shoot this rifle! Your cocking arm will give up.

However, in the springer world you have complete trust in the system to cock and reload without perspiring sweat into your eyes anticipating a huge effort just to reload and cock and slam the thing shut--by then you need a moment or a century to recover.

Take an R9 or HW95 out instead; maybe if you are energetic just take out the HW80 or deceased Beeman R1 to realize that Theoben power was meant to kill an elephant.

Reactions: Bandito
2nd real airgun I ever owned back in 2000. Bought it used from Marty at Silver Streak Sports for $250. Cocking effort is the same as the RX-2 at about 48 pounds. I hunted squirrels with it and stopped using shotguns and 22 rimfire's after that. I shot 20-21 foot pounds with a H&N Baracudas. It has more power than my R-1 carbine 20cal and the cocking effort was about the same. It will kill cheaper scopes though so be careful what scope you out on it. There is a guy on another forum that has his up for sale and it killed his Weaver V-16, which was considered a good scope back in the day. Good gun though and good trigger. 

Cocking weight on the RX1/2 at factory pressure setting, 48 lbs.

R1 (not carbine) 34 lbs.

A cousin of mine had an RX1 and it was a lot to plink with. He once let the barrel slip while cocking and the resulting bent barrel was alarming. He had it repaired and as far as I know still has the gun to this day. This was back in the early 90s.

Very accurate and powerful. Not light weight either.

Cocking weight on the RX1/2 at factory pressure setting, 48 lbs.

R1 (not carbine) 34 lbs.

A cousin of mine had an RX1 and it was a lot to plink with. He once let the barrel slip while cocking and the resulting bent barrel was alarming. He had it repaired and as far as I know still has the gun to this day. This was back in the early 90s.

Very accurate and powerful. Not light weight either.
Did this happen to occur on some railroad tracks?