Beautiful but windy day at 300 yards, so close yet so far!

You guys are in a different league. But it's fantastic that you're getting on paper that far out.
I have some ideas on my own what I can try with my dwarf budget, but hey, like Q says, it's all for entertainment purposes. 👍🏼

Here's a list of higher end scopes that the PRS shooters are using showing their extreme elevation travel (this is part of an extensive test conducted by researcher and shooter Cal Zant a few years ago — some new scopes came out since then).
Tactical rifle scope elevation adjustment range in mils1

To give credit: The diagram is from the following article:
https://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/08/22/tactical-scopes-mechanical-performance-part-2/

🔸Q already mentioned the Sightron SVIII ED 5-40x56 FFP with 40mil.

🔸But then there is the ultimate, the Tacom Charlie Tarac — a prism when added to your scope gives you so much elevation that you could shoot around the curvature of the earth and hit your target on the neighboring continent (or something like that).

Here's a thread where they are discussing it, with a link to the website, and a link to a video discussing further options:

Soooo fascinating!! 😊 I hope I can sleep tonight.... 😳

Matthias

Reactions: qball
Mathias: not sure what your budget is but if you are looking at Genesis, valdada or Charlie Terac your budget isn’t anywhere near dwarf!!! 😂Biggest problem is elevation range and turret tracking accuracy, to have 120+ MOA with accurate turrets you are usually looking at $2k or up. However Element optics has a new scope coming out soon that might have that combo for cheaper, I’m sad that the heavy Titan only has 90 MOA of elevation.

To reach 300 yards I need 19-20 mils or about 70 MOA so the titan can do it just a little close to the edges and need a 30 MOA offset mount. For reference that’s shooting slug with BC of 0.11 at 940 fps. I’m big fan of Element optics scopes because of their dead nuts accurate turrets and great reticle plus many other great features for precision shooting.

Matthias: not sure what your budget is but if you are looking at Genesis, Valdada or Charlie Terac your budget isn’t anywhere near dwarf!!! 😂

Well, Q, I am LOOKING. 🤣
That's right.
But I won't be BUYING. It's just not justifiable. Or feasible. (I first need to replace a 20 year old car. Let's take care of the needs first, then we'll see how much is left for the wants....! 🤣)

🔸 The Hawke Frontier 34 FFP 5-30x56 has 100 moa elevation adjustment. $1250 — ouch!

🔸 The Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 FFP has 110 moa elevation. Around $700 last I checked.

🔸There is a Vector Continental 4-24x56 FFP that is just a dream....
113 moa of elevation
A field of view at 4x that would even look good on a 3x scope (31ft!).
Zero stop, locking turrets, IR
27.5oz (780g) light
14.3" (36cm) length
$750 street price

One day.....

Matthias

Last edited:
Reactions: qball