• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

300 Yard Groups

I've been shooting my .22 Impact at extreme ranges exclusively for a few months now. Typically nothing under 200 yards and with most 300-400 yards.

In order to have a rock solid bench and an area with better wind conditions than shooting across mountain canyons I got a membership at our local shooting range. Unfortunately we can only hang paper out to 300 yards. 

I thought some of you would like to see some 300 yard groups I shot on video while waiting for the powder burners to finish up. Its basically 4 groups of 5 shots each with only 1 shot out of MOA. And not in perfect conditions either. 28.3 grain slugs doing 950fps. 

I did screw up and not hit record on the first group.

download.png

download.png

download.png

20201022_163928.1605452511.jpg
Screenshot_20201115-070523_Video Player.1605452788.jpg

Remarkable. I’d like to see what you can do in ideal conditions. I don’t shoot beyond 100 but I do know that just a little change in conditions can make a big shift in POI 

Can I ask are you adjusting for wind or just holding on the dot. My point is are you one of those guys who can “read” the conditions that well? I’m not the wind gets me every time and I know to do well you have to be able to compensate for it.

Can I ask are you adjusting for wind or just holding on the dot. My point is are you one of those guys who can “read” the conditions that well? I’m not the wind gets me every time and I know to do well you have to be able to compensate for it.

If you notice the lower left group it's about one dot over to the left. I held zero on that group and then just used the next dot over on the rest. Earlier they were dropping in closer to zero but by the time I mounted my phone the wind started picking up a little and pushed them over.

I do have my windage turret marked for the spin drift to pull that out of the equation. I will also usually have a large shoot and see target hanging to speed up getting on paper for the less than perfect days.

On real nice days the better groups are around 2".
20201022_164037.1605584454.jpg

Thanks for sharing your groups, that’s amazing for certain. I like to see what people can do at extreme ranges with their air guns. Did any of the powder burner folks at the range watch you do that? Please keep posting groups for us!

Thanks guys,

Most of the powder burners are busy doing their own thing but a few can't help but to come over and see what I'm up too. 

I have fun letting them shoot my Impact at long range. 9 times out of 10 they end up giggling out loud. Like this short video of a shot at 400 yards on a small steel plate.

download.png