Air Venturi Avenge-X PCP Tuning Guide, AEAC Pre-video Learning

I assume the transfer port is set to the High ("H") setting?

Have you tested various hammer spring settings at that reg pressure?

If yes to the above, shoot me a message, I would like to see a few pictures if you don't mind.
Yes Tport set to H
Yes various hammer spring settings, there is a point when increasing the hammer spring strength doesn't alter the speed of the pellet roughly like the last 2 turns

I just got 83 shots at 32 FPE out of the 210cc tube!!! Factory tune 🫨

Screen Shot 2023-12-24 at 8.56.19 AM.jpeg

IMG_0456.jpeg

I "Pulled" an easy trigger mod from Steve's IG (HookedonAir) that I think you'll appreciate!

To get the last little bit of sear-break-creep outta your Air Venturi Avenge X, remove the stock, remove the trigger sear screw, and omit 2 of the screw's 3 washers. Reassemble and enjoy a perfect 2 stage creep-free beauty 😍

🧪 Formula = CW seat the trigger sear screw, CW seat travel adjuster screw, CCW seat the trigger weight adjuster screw 🔥

View attachment 398232View attachment 398230View attachment 398231View attachment 398233
Is there a video showing how to do this? Is it safe to do with air in the gun? It looks pretty straight forward but I'm new to air guns and a little scared to mess with them. I bought 3 avengex rifles for my boys fir Christmas and would like to learn and teach them how to tweak and tune

Reactions: markhooper
Ive been following Steve at AEAC for some time now.
As Always thorough, informative and enjoyable.
This rifle is another option at an good price point. Thanks for sorting it out for us Steve!

@Tpatner412

Bought a tube synthetic Avenge-x and having a great time.

Find myself wishing that I'd bought the bottle though. Don't see any upgrade kits. Are those out yet?
I asked pyramyd. They said conversion kits are supposed to be available in March.

Supply chain issues seem to be a thing with the Aveng-X and assorted parts. I have been waiting for a .22 cal conversion kit for my Avenge-X since last June. We shall see what comes available in the way of parts and upgrades in the next few months. Hopefully replacement parts start showing soon.
When did the X come on the market?

Hi Tyler, @Tpatner412, is it true that the spring of the Avenge-X .25 is too weak to properly tune the rifle?

I ask because somebody else said so in a video and apparently the technical guys at Pyramyd AIR / Air Venturi confirmed that.

No, certainly not the case. I think Steve's numbers show that as well. Can you share said video with me?

Supply chain issues seem to be a thing with the Aveng-X and assorted parts. I have been waiting for a .22 cal conversion kit for my Avenge-X since last June. We shall see what comes available in the way of parts and upgrades in the next few months. Hopefully replacement parts start showing soon.

The initial shipment of guns and parts arrived to the US in August. The conversion kits are going onto the website as we speak. The demand for caliber conversion kits is very high, so if you want one, be sure to get a pre-order in, or you're going to be waiting considerably longer if you just wait to see when it shows in stock online. FWIW, my understanding is that the last batch of caliber kits that came in were all pre-sold.

No, certainly not the case. I think Steve's numbers show that as well. Can you share said video with me?
I just joined yesterday, so I can’t message on here. I saw this video also. The video was posted yesterday by All About Airgunsand is titled “Avoid this pcp air rifle. I just bought my first pcp a few days ago, I have no knowledge, I’m trying to tune my Avenge-x so I followed this thread.

This would be the last person I would take advice from and I encourage you to look at more sources for information. Steve's numbers and efforts prove otherwise as well as my own. I'm one of the guys Steve mentions of sending him the info to shoot the 25 at 850fps. I had been doing this for 100yd benchrest immediately upon receiving the rifle. This gun is amazing and the accuracy for dollar ratio is no better value anywhere. I highly recommend it and I would say most other Avenge-X owners would too. I've put 1,000's of rounds thru mine in the last few months without any issues at all and most with amazing accuracy. Laughing out loud kind of fun.

This would be the last person I would take advice from and I encourage you to look at more sources for information. Steve's numbers and efforts prove otherwise as well as my own. I'm one of the guys Steve mentions of sending him the info to shoot the 25 at 850fps. I had been doing this for 100yd benchrest immediately upon receiving the rifle. This gun is amazing and the accuracy for dollar ratio is no better value anywhere. I highly recommend it and I would say most other Avenge-X owners would too. I've put 1,000's of rounds thru mine in the last few months without any issues at all and most with amazing accuracy. Laughing out loud kind of fun.
Luckily I was not trying to get information from him. I was just looking at videos, for entertainment, of the Avenge-X to see what others are doing with it, when I came across that video.

I just joined yesterday, so I can’t message on here. I saw this video also. The video was posted yesterday by All About Airgunsand is titled “Avoid this pcp air rifle. I just bought my first pcp a few days ago, I have no knowledge, I’m trying to tune my Avenge-x so I followed this thread.

Thank you for the clarification! I just bought my Avenge x last week for hunting. So I have less than a week in the pcp world. But I have reloaded for years. To me this is studying the same science in a different format. I would really appreciate any information to get me started. I did see the targets you shot.

Luckily I was not trying to get information from him. I was just looking at videos, for entertainment, of the Avenge-X to see what others are doing with it, when I came across that video.
Due to my inexperience, I didn’t know if I should take the information seriously or not. I’m just glad I found this thread.

Reactions: tx1211