Ares ETR 3-18X50 APRS6 FFP IR MIL UHD.

Yup call Cameraland. I have the exact scope and it is a fantastic scope! 

I have been waiting for Dairyboy's opinion on his new ETR 3-18 and am glad to hear it is at least "Fantastic" 👍 and want to hear more about it.

I to love my ETR 4.5-30. Perfect for bench, not so much for field work @ 37oz. 

I tested the Trujicon Tenmile 3-18 and it was a great scope all the way around, especially in the light weight department. Excellent IQ and controlled CA with a decent eye box as well. There is <= $500 that separate them though. If I was to speculate I would give the edge to the Athlon for value even though it weights almost 8oz more which is around $62 an ounce if that matters. My current comparison to my ETR is my new Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42, unbelievable for this price range. Athlon knocked it out of the park with this one. Have fun with your search.

Patrick

I have been waiting for Dairyboy's opinion on his new ETR 3-18 and am glad to hear it is at least "Fantastic" 👍 and want to hear more about it.

I tested the Trujicon Tenmile 3-18 and it was a great scope all the way around, especially in the light weight department. Excellent IQ and controlled CA with a decent eye box as well. There is <= $500 that separate them though. If I was to speculate I would give the edge to the Athlon for value even though it weights almost 8oz more which is around $62 an ounce if that matters. My current comparison to my ETR is my new Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42, unbelievable for this price range. Athlon knocked it out of the park with this one. Have fun with your search.

Patrick

That 2-12 is kind of a fun scope isn't it?! It's nice having a scope that is different for a change, well mostly the reticle. I put mine on my Steyr ProX semi auto and it's the perfect fit for that gun. The dot is a great size for quick shooting on medium sized steel, small game, and is the size of a fly at 10 yards which they've found out the hard way 😂

I have been waiting for Dairyboy's opinion on his new ETR 3-18 and am glad to hear it is at least "Fantastic" 
1f44d.svg
and want to hear more about it.

Patrick

Here's my post on it!

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/athlon-ares-etr-uhd-3-18x50-mil-aprs6/?referrer=1

Patrick

That 2-12 is kind of a fun scope isn't it?! It's nice having a scope that is different for a change, well mostly the reticle. I put mine on my Steyr ProX semi auto and it's the perfect fit for that gun. The dot is a great size for quick shooting on medium sized steel, small game, and is the size of a fly at 10 yards which they've found out the hard way 😂

Not sure what happened here with this double post, just scrolled and it posted, oh well. back to the post to Steve......

Patrick

Steve, You nailed the reticle design. Love it!, It is now one of my favorite scopes. Light weight, great IQ, close to zero CA, fantastic eye box, DOF is fantastic. @ $499 Athlon has a real winner here. Have this on my .30 WC MK3 for 100yd quick duty.

Patrick

I have been waiting for Dairyboy's opinion on his new ETR 3-18 and am glad to hear it is at least "Fantastic" 
1f44d.svg
and want to hear more about it.

Patrick

Here's my post on it!

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/athlon-ares-etr-uhd-3-18x50-mil-aprs6/?referrer=1

Dillon, sorry my friend that I missed your updated post. I did a search as I figured you would share your new scope after all the waiting! What an Awesome setup you have there with the EVOL and tripod. The Athlon UHD glass is pretty fantastic. Glad you are satisfied, I am as well with the Helos.

Patrick

Never been a fan of cameralandny. Guy named gr8fuldoug used to post on another forum about their "great prices" for forum members. Every time I wanted to buy something, I found better pricing elsewhere, like on my Athlon Cronus and Kowa spotting scope with angled eyepiece. Shop around on optics. The differences in prices on the exact same item will amaze you.