ALL NEW FX KING

Hi FX Team, why don't you finally make a balanced valve like the Epic Two and One model has, you have their video of what the valve looks like, it would be easier to adjust the valve closing force in your block. That way you would get more power, the hammer would be lighter, less force of cocking the hammer and less force on the trigger? Please explain to me if I'm wrong...Thanks

Do you know that FX is using a version of a balanced valve already for quite some years? Remember the valve problems in the first Pantheras? That was due to the part of the valve pin in the atmospheric side slamming into the rail mounting block. The valve is sticking out of the plenum om both sides so it is balanced in a way.

Do you know that FX is using a version of a balanced valve already for quite some years? Remember the valve problems in the first Pantheras? That was due to the part of the valve pin in the atmospheric side slamming into the rail mounting block. The valve is sticking out of the plenum om both sides so it is balanced in a way.
Of course I know, I was the first to announce it (I posted it first on another forum, maybe someone knew but it wasn't written anywhere), do you know that they have newer FX models that don't have this kind of (partially) balanced valve? Of course, FX can produce an even "lighter" balanced valve on existing models, i.e. blocks!...

I've been watching Matt dubber a bit too much cause I've been thinking about getting a 22-250 lol.
If you like the 22-250 vintage screamer, you should love the 22 Creedmoor that shoots higher BC bullets. Of course you have a wide open array of high performance 6mm cartridge bullets to choose from. My vintage is a 243 Ackley Improved from a 24" Shilen barrel from a Sako medium action. Shoots .5 MOA all day long.

If you like the 22-250 vintage screamer, you should love the 22 Creedmoor that shoots higher BC bullets. Of course you have a wide open array of high performance 6mm cartridge bullets to choose from. My vintage is a 243 Ackley Improved from a 24" Shilen barrel from a Sako medium action. Shoots .5 MOA all day long.
I have a .243 ruger that I enjoy shooting when I do get the chance to use it, and I have seen a video or 2 on the 22 creedmoor but not enough to actually remember so I'll have to look into it, thanks!

No ARCA rail means no way to mount an ARCA rail and use hunting tripod like the ones from Really Right Stuff.
Ehh, not necessarily. It just means you're gonna have to get a saber tactical bottle calmp with an arca or get the clamp and the picatini to arca and then clamp thst to a tripod which typing it out already sounds like too many pieces.

Ehh, not necessarily. It just means you're gonna have to get a saber tactical bottle calmp with an arca or get the clamp and the picatini to arca and then clamp thst to a tripod which typing it out already sounds like too many pieces.
I would not like the weight to a rifle, scope, mount, bi-pod and laser rangefinder being supported by the air bottle regulator connection. By way of example, my RAW HM1000.x

Vortex Impact 4000 (2).jpg

Hey we are Ackley brothers!

Reactions: nomojo65
I think Epic airguns them self are a bit in doubt what to call their valve, i seen / heard them call it both balanced and assisted valve.

Actually in their setup, they will have you change a jet in the valve to adjust how slow / fast it close, i was thinking why not have 1 valve size, but then have the void it fill air into be adjustable in volume to accomplish the same.
To me this is just like on Impact ASO with a adjustable valve return spring, just using shot air i am not sure if its better or worse than a spring.

But it might be they tried a variable valve "plenum " already and it was no success and you really need a bigger or smaller jet / hole
also of they did do something like that, it really should be adjustable from the outside.

Anyway their valve i am not sure it is quite what i like to see, but i am eagerly awaiting reviews and people diving into this.

Once in the mid 80ties i was,,,,, " contracted " to pinp a nice 223 Parker & Hale rifle, i was not happy doing it CUZ on its own it was a nice rifle, but i went ahead with the project to gain some experience, and of course my main business back then related to my machinist apprenticeship, sell a " can "

Hi FX Team, why don't you finally make a balanced valve like the Epic Two and One model has, you have their video of what the valve looks like, it would be easier to adjust the valve closing force in your block. That way you would get more power, the hammer would be lighter, less force of cocking the hammer and less force on the trigger? Please explain to me if I'm wrong...Thanks

In balanced valves, if you design it so that the jet is nominally sized, all you need to really do is adjust the chamber volume / height to achieve the same thing as different jet sizes would, which requires no extra parts, and you only increase wasted volume marginally, .05cc~.

For example with a .1 cc chamber, a .039"/1mm vent would take approximately .35 ms to fill at 2200 psi, where increasing the chamber to .13cc takes that up to .5ms, and a .15cc chamber takes .6ms, the change in height in those three arrangements would only be .14", to .18", to .208", so as you can see, very minor changes.

The quicker the fill rate of the chamber (smaller volume), the more strike needed, where as the slower the fill rate (more volume), the less needed.

Alternatively I'd rather have a jet size that is adjustable opposed to exchangeable, so more parts aren't needed, of course manufacturers would rather sell addons so the additional jets are more practical from a business stand point.

This doesn't address break-out friction and nothing to date but tuning towards the plateau with lift limiters such as the rubber ball FX uses reduces/eliminates that from occurring after the gun sits for longer periods.

Pilot valves can do all a balanced valve can and then some. I am running .45" throw, 5 grams of hammer and 4 lb of hammer spring to achieve 60 fpe. I look forward to the day the industry really embraces pilot valves over balanced valves.

-Matt

In balanced valves, if you design it so that the jet is nominally sized, all you need to really do is adjust the chamber volume / height to achieve the same thing as different jet sizes would, which requires no extra parts, and you only increase wasted volume marginally, .05cc~.

For example with a .1 cc chamber, a .039"/1mm vent would take approximately .35 ms to fill at 2200 psi, where increasing the chamber to .13cc takes that up to .5ms, and a .15cc chamber takes .6ms, the change in height in those three arrangements would only be .14", to .18", to .208", so as you can see, very minor changes.

The quicker the fill rate of the chamber (smaller volume), the more strike needed, where as the slower the fill rate (more volume), the less needed.

Alternatively I'd rather have a jet size that is adjustable opposed to exchangeable, so more parts aren't needed, of course manufacturers would rather sell addons so the additional jets are more practical from a business stand point.

This doesn't address break-out friction and nothing to date but tuning towards the plateau with lift limiters such as the rubber ball FX uses reduces/eliminates that from occurring after the gun sits for longer periods.

Pilot valves can do all a balanced valve can and then some. I am running .45" throw, 5 grams of hammer and 4 lb of hammer spring to achieve 60 fpe. I look forward to the day the industry really embraces pilot valves over balanced valves.

-Matt
Don’t think for a second that the big boys in the industry don’t know about this stuff. They have to save advancements for the M4,M5,M6 and so on. If I could walk into the factory and have them make me exactly what I want in a gun, I’d buy 2 of them and say see you in 10 years. The way they do it has a lot of us buying their guns every two years if we’re lucky. Sometimes every year. Smart. I really like this new gun. It’s a very logical step with the platform. But I can promise you, I’m not paying $2,400 for it.

Don’t think for a second that the big boys in the industry don’t know about this stuff. They have to save advancements for the M4,M5,M6 and so on. If I could walk into the factory and have them make me exactly what I want in a gun, I’d buy 2 of them and say see you in 10 years. The way they do it has a lot of us buying their guns every two years if we’re lucky. Sometimes every year. Smart. I really like this new gun. It’s a very logical step with the platform. But I can promise you, I’m not paying $2,400 for it.

Oh know all to well about 'planned obsolescence' and saving bells and whistles for future releases, as well as removing features, to sell later as add-ons or fabricating something in such a way the add-ons become optional upgrades, instead of included in the package, such as a non-adjustable 'jet' that requires purchase of new parts, or rail stiffeners, barrel tensioners, fancier gauges, list goes on...for $2,000+ it blows my mind one way, while others more apt to open their wallet have their mind blown in another.

-Matt

Reactions: drsquall
Oh know all to well about 'planned obsolescence' and saving bells and whistles for future releases, as well as removing features, to sell later as add-ons or fabricating something in such a way the add-ons become optional upgrades, instead of included in the package, such as a non-adjustable 'jet' that requires purchase of new parts, or rail stiffeners, barrel tensioners, fancier gauges, list goes on...for $2,000+ it blows my mind one way, while others more apt to open their wallet have their mind blown in another.

-Matt
Yes. There is a giant number of guys who love having their minds blown by how much crap they can buy for their gun. A smart manufacturer will cater to that crowd. Lots of money after the sale to keep the development wheels turning.

Yeah fx has gotten it figured out on the marketing. I've never owned one but would like too but if you spend 2,000 on a gun it should have everything it needs already done to it that it needs to perform at a high level. People love them so I can't knock them for getting them I just can't spend that type of money and know I need to throw another 300 or so at it to improve its accuracy. It reminds me of the archery race I used to be part of with the latest bow and the best cam that year and sights and other add ons. Quality bows run around 1,000 at least for the bare bow. You can pretty much double that with the add ons for it. I'm guilty of wanting the best and newest improvements in any shooting sport because I want the best when I play. It's such a rabbit hole. Lol

Last edited: