AirForce Talon P .177 slugs.

13 all the way up to 22 grain here... may be worth a look!

Let me know how goes. Always been interested in the idea of a tiny slugger, but aside from a 17HMR, havent delved into it.

Doesnt look like velocity is going to be a problem. May have to slow it down a notch so I have some adjustment to go up and down.
I don't think you'll have any velocity issues with that platform either but you'll need it if you want expansion. I don't see any expansion with NSA 12.5s unless I get them above 950. Pushing these little slugs hard will put a big smile on your face.

I read they were more likely to "pass thru" rather than expand. Thats why I want the knockouts.

Knockout aren’t really much better, if you shoot them fast they will expand a little but awesome penetration power. they can take down much bigger pests with good shot placement, it will punch through far more than people realize.

If you want expansion then shoot hybrids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
As long as they shoot accurately I'll be good. Just do some pesting here and there. Dont want to have a butt load of slugs that dont work.
I don't know how your barrel will like them, but if you have a tin of RWS Supermags, try them. I have 2 rifles that shoot them well at 1000 fps and they hit hard at closer ranges.

13 all the way up to 22 grain here... may be worth a look!

Let me know how goes. Always been interested in the idea of a tiny slugger, but aside from a 17HMR, havent delved into it.
I'll be more than happy to share any and all information I gather with ya buddy. Same goes foe everyone else also.

Reactions: Rob_in_NC
Well a bunch of slugs arrived today. Zan 10, 13 & 16g along with some NSA 12.5s All fit into the breech with no real resistance. :oops: Tried them out at 900 fps across the board to start with, .25 Sumo screwed on the end, & tethered the Talon P to my bottle and was just starting with 3 shot groups. All were decent but the 13 and 16 grainers were the most promising. Swapped cans to a Huma Mod 40 using 2 sections, all the groups got tighter. The 13 & 16 were still the best. Tried 1000 fps and there was no change from the 900 fps bunch. For kicks and giggles I dropped the fps to 700 and 750 for the 16 and 13 grain. Dang groups got really small.
Anyways it doesnt look like I'll be getting bored for a while. Dont know if they will ever shoot as good as pellets but I'm trying.
It's real windy, I'm getting cold and I have a headache......heading in for the night.
you all have a nice night
Mike

Reactions: Scotay42