About to Buy an Air Wolf MCT

I've discussed this on this forum before. I've read many posts and reviews about the Air Wolf MCT. I really like the FX Wildcat .25 I purchased about a month ago. But, as I feared, I'm not going to be satisfied until I own an Air Wolf MCT because I like the electronics so much (even though I only owned a Daystate (Air Wolf Extreme in .25) for about 12 hours a year ago. It was too long and heavy so I returned it to AoA). 

I'm down to trying to decide between .22 and .25. I was pretty sure I wanted a .25 but I feared the shot count and FPE was too low in .25. However, itaylor (from this forum) sent me a PM where he is getting 880 FPS and about 50 shots from his .25. That's not bad at all, in fact very similar to my FX Wildcat (my FX is about 870 FPS and 50 shots). Those stats are almost identical to the Air Wolf Extreme in .25 I had, which surprises me since it had quite a longer barrel. 

The one thing that concerns me is the "loopy" trajectory of the .25. If zeroed at 20 yards it is 2.5 high at 30 and 2" high at 40. These are fairly rough measurements because I didn't go the trouble of setting up my caldwell, just using padded back of a chair outdoors to do a quick check. I'm thinking the .22 might be a bit flatter? I'm not starving so I'm a patient hunter and will only go for head shots.

I'm going to use this for plinking and squirrel hunting with shots under 50 years. 

I wish the Wolf came with the carbon tank instead of it being a $300 add on though.

I know I'm wishy washy but I'm drawn to hi-tech and the Air Wolf LCD screen info is just too cool.

Advice or input is certainly welcome!

Thanks

Bowwild send me a PM with your email address. I cannot address the .25 but I do have info on the .22. I did a chrony session with my Air Wolf at the beginning of the year and registered 200 shots. This was on the pwr 2 setting with Air Arms 16gr pellets. The only thing I didn't record was the bar pressure before and after each ten shot string. I can share the info with you if you like. I think you will be surprised by the numbers and consistency.

Keith.

I just got mine a month ago and it came with the carbon bottle as well. It also came with the carbon moderator. It is the .22 version and it is the finest rifle I have ever owned or shot. It has a sweet electronic trigger, is very quiet, and gets a lot of shots. You cant go wrong with the airwolf in .22. I got it from AOA also. It is pricey but worth it IMHO. Buy it today!

My Airwolf 25 is almost three years old. It shoots the JSB 25 gr. pellets at ca 865 fps for 60 shots with a 10 fps ES from a 220 BAR fill at high power. On low power, 695 fps, 150 shots with 10 fps ES between 180-110 BAR. Mine is equipped with a Huggett an is litterally mouse fart quiet. Accuracy is superb and the electronic trigger is truly awesome. I was reluctant to purchase an electronic gun given a bad experience with a electronic triggered Morini free pistol many years ago - they used a battery which was subsequently discontinued which made the pistol a wall hanger.
I have my 25 Airwold sighted in for 100 yards so the max rise is less than 6 inches above line of sight at intermediate distances. If I remember correctly , zeroing at 50 yards with low power provides similar if not better trajectory and will place 10 shots into a half inch or smaller group. 
From what I remeber the shot count on low power with the 25 is about the same as the 22 at the high power setting.

I've owned a .22 MCT for over 4 years. It has been flawless and it has been the benchmark for accuracy. I personally would go with .22 for what you describe as its intended use. .22 is plenty for squirrel. I have a Neil Clague LCD on mine and it is dead silent except for the pellet Impact. The electronics have been awesome, you won't believe the trigger. Mine runs about 28-30 fpe on low and 37-40 on high power.

I have a 3+ year old .25 Air Wolf MCT Tactical the thing is super quiet with the Huggett, has surgical accuracy, holds air forever and has had zero issues. The trigger is incredible. Shoots JSB 25.4gr Exact Kings at ~845fps which hit hard. Zeroed at 35yrds for pesting in the yard has taken dozens of squirrels, chipmunks, and a raccoon. Plenty of accuracy for headshots out to 50+ yards, however chest/lung shots consistently anchor them DRT (dead right there) with no flopping typical of headshots.

Just traded my Wolverine B Hi-Lite .25 for an Air Gun Nation fellow from IL for an Air Wolf MCT .22 (and a bit of cash because my rifle sells a couple hundred less). Excellent dealing fellow! I shipped the Wolverine an hour ago. He will ship the Wolf tomorrow. 

Thanks for all the input here. I decided as long as I have .25 covered with Wildcat I should go with .22 in the Wolf. 

"Eddy1840"
"sharroff"Welcome to the Airwolf club!! Now you just need a Heli board and you'll have one of the most accurate, tunable, and sophisticated air rifles out there!

Hi where I can buy a Heli board for my airwolf .25

@eddie, contact the guy on ebay he sorted me one out for my MK4 hes a nice guy too. his name on there is jhnntfs