30-Yard Challenge

I’m still buzzing! I’m never going to sell that rifle.
A well served congratulations Tom! You’ve come a long way. As you and many of us have discovered this is a lot more difficult than we initially thought. You have put it the work and you have been rewarded for your efforts. I also want to thank you for your time for running this friendly little competition although I am not competing against others as much as I am competing against myself.

Reactions: ThomasT
August weekly Leaderboard:

leaders v2.png

First try 30 yards light breeze it’s a fun target I will be trying again for a better score

View attachment 285999
Dan, I suspect several of your target scores are better than you have scored them including the targets in discarded boxes. The rules allow scoring of .177 targets with a 22 cal. (.224") plug or .22 pellet for compensation purposes. I found the rules on the original page of this post.

Shot 2 cards with the RAW HM1000x .22 HP this morning. Wind was light ( 1-3 mph ), but it was a headwind that I was trying to figure out as to where my hold should be? I think I have a prior '199' with the RAW from earlier sessions, but this one was a 198-11X. I have yet to shoot a 200 with the RAW and I thought I might have had it today, but the .224" plug didn't agree with me.

IMG_6969.jpg

Reactions: JimD and ThomasT
Thanks Tom. Actually, I thought I had it at first, but when I took a pic with iPhone and then zoomed in, they were both clearly 9’s. The tiniest bit of white showed with the scoring plug and the ‘10’ ring. If you can see white, it goes to the lower ring value. 😂

I actually prefer the RAW, because I love the mechanical trigger vs. Electronic trigger of the Safari. However, both rifles have battled very competitively at 30, 50, 75 and 100 yard bench rest distances. The Safari shoots the MRDs at 970 FPS on medium, and the RAW shoots them at 935-940 FPS.

I used to shoot NUAH (Nothing under a hundred yards ) cards over on GTA forum for monthly matches in 2020 and 2021, and the RAW did very well vs. the Safari at 100 yards. Also, shot the virtual EBR 100 yard challenge and hundreds of practice EBR cards in 2020, and both rifles have their days.

Neither one of these great air rifles can hang with my 1907 Annie Rimfire at 50 or 100 yards. 25g pellet vs. 40g bullet is a mismatch for the scoring accuracy needed for N50.

There are some good threads in the Benchrest category for N50 and N100 yard “in the rings” challenges.

Dan, I suspect several of your target scores are better than you have scored them including the targets in discarded boxes. The rules allow scoring of .177 targets with a 22 cal. (.224") plug or .22 pellet for compensation purposes. I found the rules on the original page of this post.
Thanks I will have to check the rules and look that target over again I appreciate the info

Hi!
Thought I would join the party. Been shooting these targets for a while now and never saw the thread to post results. This is my latest, shooting with my new HFT rifle - a Brocock Sniper XR in .177. I am really pleased with the way it shoots but I am still getting used to it. Previously used my FX Maverick Compact in .22 shooting AA 13.43 gr. That shoot really well. but wanted to make that my 100 yd benchrest rifle.
If I manage to shoot a better target than this I will post it.
Cheers,
Greg
20220831_092619.jpg

Hi!
Thought I would join the party. Been shooting these targets for a while now and never saw the thread to post results. This is my latest, shooting with my new HFT rifle - a Brocock Sniper XR in .177. I am really pleased with the way it shoots but I am still getting used to it. Previously used my FX Maverick Compact in .22 shooting AA 13.43 gr. That shoot really well. but wanted to make that my 100 yd benchrest rifle.
If I manage to shoot a better target than this I will post it.
Cheers,
GregView attachment 286529
Hello Greg,

That is a really good score and a great first card to offer. Welcome to the group.

ThomasT

I'd like to submit my first entry into the contest. I can tell you it won't be my last! This was so much fun! This was shot with a FX Impact M3 .22. I know it's not a winner, but not bad for my first and I know I'll get better. I have to dial this gun in and find it's favorite pellet. I used Crosman Premier 19 grain. I have a lot of pellets to try out.

I also have a new gun that I'll be trying out. It's a Daystate Huntsman Revere also in .22.

I believe I scored this one wrong after reading the rules about what constitutes an X. Some of my X's are actually just 10's. I'm using a NRA .22 target scoring gauge as pictured along with my target.

20220831_120426.jpg
22-scoring-gauge-with-magni.jpg

Nice job on your first card @Sp8ctre ! It will be interesting to see how your Revere vs Impact contest turns out. A lot of us see which of our rifles can consistently put up a better score. Those Reveres are nice!

Thanks! I look forward to shooting the two against each other and also continuing to put up targets here!

On scoring an X, that is when you touch or eliminate the black dot in the center of the 10 ring. If you nick the gray inner ring, but not the center black dot, that is a 10. I reviewed your card and it looks like a 186 8X. Here's two examples:

View attachment 286812

Thanks for the help with the scoring. I understand it now and it will be easy from here on out!