12fpe Umarex Notos

I bought the Notos to use in our barn where pigeons roost and make a mess. I however don't like shooting more than 12-15fpe at max in there. No point. So my goal is to tune it to 12fpe. Taking it out of the box I was very impressed with the build honestly. Feels much nicer than a $250 gun.

Only knock to that is I see a Phillips screw or 2 on the gun and I think that makes it look cheap. Most screws i see are allen screws so why they used a phillips at all seems silly. Not a fan of the safety but I've had worse. Mag takes alittle to get aligned as pushing it all the way is a hair too far. Trigger a tad heavy once adjusted nicely but I can fix that. Fill probe I just don't like them, but do like it's a one piece machined probe.

Those are my negatives out of the way, now the good. It feels really good in the hand. Really lightweight yet solid feel. The cocking lever while I wish it was on the other side, it feels really nice and smooth. The trigger like I said while heavy, is actually quite crisp and predictable once adjusted. Gun is quiet. Shroud does its job and actually the barrel seems very stable. Happy about that. The pic rail is nice having all that room available to mount basically anything you'd like. And my quick accuracy testing shows it does very well. No paper just shooting dirt clods to get roughly sighted in.

Let me say this I've done the Prod before. Regulated, tactical stock and LDC. What roughly $600 total? Benjamin should be embarrassed by selling a stock Prod for what I've seen $380 the cheapest at Utah Airguns. This gun puts it to shame even when upgraded as above. I was a Benjamin fan for along time, with the Mrod mainly but as a company they have severely fallen behind on the new offerings out.

Anyways so my Notos I mounted a Swapfox red dot and it fits perfectly. Before I shot the gun I tore it apart and took off the air tube to adjust the regulator down. Impressed with the machining. I adjusted the reg down one half turn. I then removed hammer spring and cut off 3 coils off the spring. Put it back together and seems to still be shooting faster than 12fpe. However I shot 4 mags and went from 3500psi to 2200psi. So it is shooting slower. I'm waiting on a FX Chrono to come in to see how its doing and will update once I do get it.

Overall I'm very happy. Looking forward to playing with this gun more.

View attachment 359750
The Notos being sold on Pyramyd Air is a 13 fpe gun

The Notos being sold on Pyramyd Air is a 13 fpe gun

There stats on FPE aren't correct. Every review out there puts them around 20fpe. The PP750 is 13fpe gun which is what the gun is based off and they think that's where they got that info.

I got the red dot dialed in and gotta say man it's a slick little gun. This impresses me so much. It hits way above its price point. I am thoroughly enjoying this little gun. Perfect for what I needed it for. Can't wait to see where the tune is at. Still seems to be shooting fast but for the shots I get I know it can't be.

Finally got to throw it on a chrony and it'd doing great! A hair over the 12fpe mark at 15fpe but much better than 20fpe for my needs so I will leave it there. My Taipan Shorty I used in the barn was also tuned at 15fpe so will be just fine. Gotta say only did one mag but this is from sitting for 2 days. Reg seems to be doing its job! This is with CPHPs

Screenshot_20230621_065740_FX Radar.jpg

The plenum extension with gauge is one of the best upgrades for the notos/pp750. More power potential, able to use less psi to get the same power as stock(less hammer spring tension>less cocking force), gauge reads the regulated pressure allowing you to see when it starts to creep.

I have a problem with the reservoir oring leaking it seems that the inner relief cut underneath the threads is under sized gonna try a thicker oring tomorrow

I have a different and slightly weaker spring in my Notos.

All the FPS numbers bellow are using CPHP 14.3 grains.
With the hammer spring all the way in I get around 730-740 FPS.
At 1-2 turns out is shooting at 690-710 FPS for 50 shots (it's been like this for months).
With the hammer spring all the way out is shooting around 630-640 FPS for 60-70 shots.

The original Notos/PP750 springs dimensions are 65 mm L x 9 mm W x 1.12 mm, see this thread:

I bought the spring (a set of 10 springs for about $3-$4) on aliexpress from this listing: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800219014836.html
I bought the 100mm springs, 1.2mm wire, 9 mm outer diameter, just looked at my springs and can guarantee that info.

The aliexpress springs are a little stiffer than the original and work really well.
You need to keep cutting the spring and measure the FPS until you get it to where you want.

I have a different and slightly weaker spring in my Notos.

All the FPS numbers bellow are using CPHP 14.3 grains.
With the hammer spring all the way in I get around 730-740 FPS.
At 1-2 turns out is shooting at 690-710 FPS for 50 shots (it's been like this for months).
With the hammer spring all the way out is shooting around 630-640 FPS for 60-70 shots.

The original Notos/PP750 springs dimensions are 65 mm L x 9 mm W x 1.12 mm, see this thread:

I bought the spring (a set of 10 springs for about $3-$4) on aliexpress from this listing: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800219014836.html
I bought the 100mm springs, 1.2mm wire, 9 mm outer diameter, just looked at my springs and can guarantee that info.

The aliexpress springs are a little stiffer than the original and work really well.
You need to keep cutting the spring and measure the FPS until you get it to where you want.
Awesome info, thanks.
So it goes to say, that if I back out my spring almost all the way, I might be able to get it down to 700-710fps with cphp. That’s around 15fpe. That would do me just fine if that’s possible.

You can try. I don't think they can go down that low with it on the oem spring. So yeah I did have to cut it. I don't think I really dressed it though. Just cut it and through it in as it has good guides on it. Yeah I know not the best but based on my consistency no reason to. I'd get the other springs to be safe if you don't want to keep it and can't get it to where you want it.

Reactions: madeintheuk