• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Preferred O-Ring Lube & Other Cleaning Lubricants

I use super lube on most everything for airguns. It depends on what is being "cleaned". Barrels; I use a kroil mix. Action; I just wipe and re-grease. O-rings; I use super lube. On pellets; I use napiers. 

I can't really think of anything else that I may or may have used.

I don't do much cleaning when it comes to my air rifles. I normally wipe them down and put them away. One of the best things about air rifles is they don't need the upkeep cleaning like my powder burners. I rarely clean my ST barrels, but my LW barrels are cleaned about every 500 rounds. The most maintenance I have with my PCP's is my air compressor. I like to keep all my filters clean and dry. My air compressor gets the most attention of my air addiction. 

"APerfectMiss"I use super lube on most everything for airguns. It depends on what is being "cleaned". Barrels; I use a kroil mix. Action; I just wipe and re-grease. O-rings; I use super lube. On pellets; I use napiers. 

I can't really think of anything else that I may or may have used.

I don't do much cleaning when it comes to my air rifles. I normally wipe them down and put them away. One of the best things about air rifles is they don't need the upkeep cleaning like my powder burners. I rarely clean my ST barrels, but my LW barrels are cleaned about every 500 rounds. The most maintenance I have with my PCP's is my air compressor. I like to keep all my filters clean and dry. My air compressor gets the most attention of my air addiction. 

I'd be careful using Super Lube in locations where you may have heat from filling.....

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/do-not-use-superlube-grease-for-pcp-handpump/

Personally I use Ballistol to clean and 100% Silicone Grease (from Lowes) or Silicone Shock Fluid (RC hobby store) for lubrication on O-rings.

Reactions: APerfectMiss
"AirgunBill"
Personally I use Ballistol to clean and 100% Silicone Grease (from Lowes) or Silicone Shock Fluid (RC hobby store) for lubrication on O-rings.

BigTinBoat is this the silicone fluid you use and what weight do you use. Thanks Bill

http://www.amazon.com/Team-Associated-Weight-Silicone-2-Ounce/dp/B0006N6TRY/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1463595878&sr=1-1&keywords=silicone+shock+oil 
Yes that's the fluid. On my Hill, G6 and Benji pump to lube the shaft I use 55W. It is pretty "thin" and let's the pump move freely. I use the 5000wt for installing o-rings. A drop on your finger and then pick up and "rub" the o-ring. They go on very easily this way. You could probably use the 55w for o-rings also. I originally purchased the 5000 for the pump but felt it was too think (like the grease). I went back and got the 55 and it is much better. Figured why waste the 5000, so I use it for assembly. I get mine at the local RC Hobby shop.