MY NEW KRAL BREAKER SILENT BULL PUP...HONEST REVIEW!

Oh yeah, I free floated the new barrel by turning the barrel band down. I was going to cut the ring off and blend the metal in. However, I thought before I do that I might see how a sling would attach there and somewhere in the back. That way I can free my hands, as I intended this gun to pest squirrels and raccoons off my corn bait.

Very impressive Paul! Mine is just a pea shooter power-wise but I do love it's accuracy and especially the long shot count. I get 50+ shots on a fill easily @ 32fpe. For punching holes in paper and an occasional tree rat that's enough power for me. Just wish Kral had spent a few more bucks on quality components and showed some support for their products. I have Matt's replacement lever and it's VERY nice. I'll be ordering replacement sears from him when they're available and probably a replacement valve kit from Troy.
On another subject--I hope I'm not way out of line here but knowing there are several "inactive" Marines on this thread I'd like to draw your attention to this http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/pa-video-with-rossi-in-u-s-marine-uniform-reviewing-german-mauser-replica/ . I find this video from PA of Rossi in a stripped Marine uniform reviewing a replica German weapon responsible for thousands of deaths of American troops reprehensible. If this bothers you or any other American, veteran or not, please take a minute to send an email to PA voicing your displeasure.
Thanks for listening!
Ed

Hi Ed. I met Rossi at last year's Pyramid Air Cup and he shot the second day on the team beside me. He does not seem the type of guy that would do anything to offend our armed forces. However I have not seen the video yet, as I did not have an interest in the gun he was reviewing. I will watch it now after this post.

I don't believe he served, so he might be ignorant of being offensive in his video. I will ck it out, and if he is at this year's Pyramid Cup I will approach him if his film is offensive. Too often folks who did not serve have a skewed view of the military and wars. Movies are the only way they see combat and that is not very life like most times

Ok Ed, I did now watch the Rossi video. I agree it was bad taste to use a USMC uniform. At least he did not display any Ribbons or insignia on the piss cutter or lapels, etc......

It would have been even more offensive if he had a German uniform on, especially when he shot the dummy!

He should have just reviewed the gun and used his humour without the uniform. Plenty of collectors have bought the old model 98 Mausers and have converted some to sporting rifles for hunting. The Mausers action was one of the best ever designed. 
So he would have done better to review the gun and leave the military theatrics out of it.

I don't defend him but just think he was aware of the reactions he would invoke.

Hi all gun nuts

Just joined the site.... 

I have finally got all my kit together to enjoy the Kral Breaker Marine 5.5mm, to find out that while charging it, I can hear air blowing through the barrel. You guys who have one your ideas on why this is happening,
The gun is fairly new, the guy I bought it from shot less than a box of pellets through it. He also said to me its spotless, which it is and works a 100%.

Rob

Rob, are you sure it is coming from the barrel? I hear air in the tube when I fill mine and also when I fill my Steyr. I think when using a probe I notice this more then with the foster fills on other guns. You can see if it is coming out from the barrel by putting a balloon on the end of the muzzle and then fill it. tTe back of the shroud may leak a bit but it has an O ring there. I would put some soapy water around it and fill the gun upside down. That way you can see the bubbles if it does come out there, and the balloon filling at the same time. A little soapy water won't hurt the gun and just wipe it off as soon as you are done filling. 

Now if the gun is putting out air through the barrel when filling, most likely your valve is leaking..... But like I said, it is probably the air entering the air tube you are hearing....

Fill the gun at night and mark where the gauge is set. Then in the morn ck it again to see if any air is lost. Then you would need to replace the valve or check and see if the previous owner tightened the hammer spring too tight for more power. That could be holding the valve back against the valve spring too much, allowing a slight bit of air to escape.

Rob-Another thing to try. Maybe the valve is just stuck open because the air tube was completely emptied. ??? Try cocking the rifle before attempting to fill it. IF this IS the problem it'll be hard to correct it following my suggestion if you're using a hand pump. You need a quick burst of high pressure air. Let us know if this works. Best of luck and welcome aboard!

Ed

Hi 

Thanks for the advice.....Steyr nice rifle...

Yes definitely coming out of the barrel, but what I did was cock the rifle and dry fire it once,after that it stopped leaking through the barrel. I charged it to the full capacity and left it over night, pressure was still the same the next morning, so possible a sticky valve. 
Had a good run with it today, as I fitted a scope to the rifle, did a 40m setting in the scope bit, went well. Definitely want to set it up to about 80m.

Rb, if you go back to the beginning of this post you will find a reference to the trigger needing adjustment and how to do it. Also the sear is not hardened. I have mine gardened now and Silent Matt who you need to get hold of for s new lever. The crappy zinc one that comes with the gun will break. Almost everyone's has. 

You really need to go back and read the issues we found with the gun. Especially the lever issue.....

Hi Strikefast & Ed

Yes my PB has the same crappy lever fitted, will need to replace that and a couple of other upgrades, a good Bi-pod. Regarding the sear and trigger adjustment,will need to tackle that soon, was like shooting the old military STAR 9mm, trigger felt the same.

I have read through the whole thread, good to have dedicated gunsmiths working on the KRAL and to hear everybody's nicks and faults and your quick fixes.

Every weapon has its own desired ammo or pellet for accuracy and grouping, now to find mine,...lol, all part of fun, would be too easy if it was perfect.

Been a ISU pistol shooter for many years but work buggered it up, so had to stand down. Had a Hammerli 280, .22 cal, awesome weapon. Did some good shooting with it and good scores @ 25m and 50 yards. Also had a Walther CP3 air pistol, did the indoor shoot, also enjoyed the Rapid fire event...

Anyway old news,hope it doesn't give away my age....lol 

O.... i am in SA by the way.

South America. ....? Their are several field target clubs there that the fellows from Argentina come here to the US and shoot in our National match. Nice fellows!

I shoot with Tyler Patner from Pyramid Air, and after discussing the problems, he said that PA has been working with Kral on the problem....( I bought mine from PA) 

After dealing with the gun and some simple mods it is now an extremely accurate rifle. The biggest mod was the barrel change. The original barrel was not bad under 75 yards and actually real accurate.after that it opened up a good bit. 

The trigger us something else though. It is too simple of a design. Leaving little to adjust. Without any spring assist or true adjustment, it can't be made really light. My triggers are set at 2oz or under for my competition rifles and that is what I am used to. 

The problem with the Kral is that when you increase the power and adjust the hammer to open the valve enough for the amount if air, the trigger becomes heavier. Polishing the sear and the release is one thing that helps, but it is not enough for me.

As a hunting trigger it is OK, just takes some getting used to. It would be nice if one of the true tuners could figure a way to put the Maurader trigger group in the Kral!

It would be dangerous to cut a new low profile on that sear! Maby Matt will come up with something on his sear that could lower the pressure.