9-11-2001

Forums Off Topic 9-11-2001

• Views : 294
  • Link

Centercut
    Participant

NEVER FORGET!

I was an active duty Navy Officer stationed in Pearl Harbor, HI on that day…

Mod Edit: Moved to Off Topic forum

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by a Moderator.
    Link

JimNM
    Participant

Blessed be those that watch over the flock.

Link

Boombots74
    Participant

Truly the saddest day in modern history. I was a few blocks away when it happened. It's still a very depressing event in my mind, I recall the 1st year anniversary, the winds were blowing much harder than usual; gave me and my coworkers a sense that they moved on and things will be better. None the less, it is a day to reflect the pact and look forward to our future. God bless America! Stay safe my brothers and sisters.

Link

C.B.Daddy
    Participant

I’m so thankful that I was born here in the United States 🇺🇸!!! I am not proud of all that goes on here but am surely thankful for the part of the glass that’s half full. The last stand for freedom, the United States of America. 

Thats physical freedom that I’m referring to. Real freedom cannot be taken away , “where the spirit of the lord is there is liberty”. Paul was in chains and at midnight he sang and praised the lord.

They can take my guns, and they can take my ones$$$, but no one  can take Jesus out of my heart. 

The noose is getting tighter, but as long as there is still breath in me I will be thankful that I am a citizen of this great country!  

I will not forget, thank you Cc and as mentioned those that keep watch. From border to border and sea to shining sea! 

Link

jdh2550
    Participant

I had the honor and privilege to haul hundreds on wheel barrels, shovels, sledge hammers and protective gear into Shea Stadium on 9-12-01.  It's an experience I will never forget.  

Link

Vetmx
    Participant

I was hunting groundhogs near Shanksville Pa that morning. Very disturbing. When I got home my ex called and told me to turn on the tv. Even more disturbing. Impossible to forget.

Link

Glem.Chally
    Participant

I'm Canadian and it sure affected us as well  a truly terrible day.  Condolences to the thousands of families directly affected and all others.

Link

guod123
    Participant

Three buildings fall at near free fall speeds, two planes? A 757 slices thru the twin towers yet the same plane hits the Pentagon wings and engines miraculously fold into a small hole and leaves NO marks on the exterior of the building? Larry Silverstein the owner of the asbestos laden buildings states on live TV "They are going to pull the building" How long does it take to wire a building for demo? What was that line on I Love Lucy "Lucy you got some splaining to do" Eighteen years later they are still trying to get the original video footage of the planes hitting the buildings released. 

Link

C.B.Daddy
    Participant

loins and tigers and bears OH MY!

Link

douger
    Participant

my brother traveled out there to help as he was a firefighter  blessed to be a American  thanks to all that protect us for those who are still out there still harming people we will never forget   

Link

Centercut
    Participant

guod123

Three buildings fall at near free fall speeds, two planes? A 757 slices thru the twin towers yet the same plane hits the Pentagon wings and engines miraculously fold into a small hole and leaves NO marks on the exterior of the building? Larry Silverstein the owner of the asbestos laden buildings states on live TV "They are going to pull the building" How long does it take to wire a building for demo? What was that line on I Love Lucy "Lucy you got some splaining to do" Eighteen years later they are still trying to get the original video footage of the planes hitting the buildings released. 

All I can say is Wow…!  Nuff said.  ;(

Link

Swish
    Participant

guod123

Bingo! But don't ask common sense questions because you'll just be labeled a conspiracy theorist and still get no answers.

I almost fell over when they said they got Bin laden and then through his body into the ocean??? 

Link

Centercut
    Participant

So now this has me thinking, did we really land on the moon? Did the Nazis really kill millions of Jews? Are we sure the Earth isn’t flat? 

I’m totally wondering if it isn’t all made up…  NOT. ;)  ROFLMAO…  

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Centercut.
    Link

Swish
    Participant

Centercut

So now this has me thinking, did we really land on the moon? Did the Nazis really kill millions of Jews? Are we sure the Earth isn’t flat? 

Point proven. Thanks. 

Link

Glem.Chally
    Participant

Swish

Centercut

Point proven. Thanks. 

Strange that secret service went around and  snatched up all the video showing the Pentagon strike immediately.  Gas stations had a good vantage point for their cameras but alas never released.  I bet that means absolutely nothing:)

Link

Swish
    Participant

Glem.Chally

Swish

Centercut

Point proven. Thanks. 

Strange that secret service went around and  snatched up all the video showing the Pentagon strike immediately.  Gas stations had a good vantage point for their cameras but alas never released.  I bet that means absolutely nothing:)

You must be crazy. Lol.

Yep, just show us one video of an actual plane hitting the Pentagon off one of the many cameras and shut us crazy s.o.b.'s up. Lol. Sounds pretty simple.

Link

Centercut
    Participant

OK, I guess it never happened….  Sorry to bring it up.  ;(

But just in case, check out the awesome CGA videos, great animation, see below:

Twin tower airplane crash…  9-11-2001

Pentagon crash…  9-11-2001

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Centercut.
    Link

Glem.Chally
    Participant

Centercut

OK, I guess it never happened….  Sorry to bring it up.  ;(

But just in case, check out the awesome CGA videos, great animation, see below:

Twin tower airplane crash…  9-11-2001

Pentagon crash…  9-11-2001

I dont think anyone said it never happened.  I'll leave it at that, and that it was a terrible day for the majority of the World.  Many many things changed on this day 18 yrs ago.

Link

legionair
    Participant

I was in 2nd period study hall attending kellenberg catholic school in Long Island, Ny. I will never forget the moment when the teacher rolled in the tv so that every one could watch what was happening. By that time all we knew was that one plane hit one of the towers and most of us thought it was an “accident”. I sat in disbelief as a second “plane” struck the second tower! Within the hour people were being pulled from their classrooms to be told their family members were among the missing/dead. My religion teacher, the sweetest teacher I’ve ever had, was pulled out of the class to hear the dreaded news that her husband was missing. Many of my friends lost their loved ones that day. My boxing coach, Joseph Higgins, a retired NYC firefighter would not stop looking for his brother, Timothy Higgins also a firefighter. Coach Joe helped lead a valiant rescue mission but sadly never recovered his brother and almost lost his life to lung difficulties due to the hazardous dust of ground zero.

I spent many nights questioning what really happened that day. I’ve seen Fahrenheit 911 the documentary and have heard most of the “theories”. All I can say is there are countless interviews with first responders and many of them clearly speak of bombs going off. And our current president who is with out a doubt an expert in NYC buildings and the demolition of those buildings, clearly said in an interview; that those buildings dropped exactly the same way a demolition would drop. And indeed if you look closely at the video, the buildings drop straight down in the controlled manner of a demo. 

We may never get a straight answer from our govt but many of us know some just ain’t right.

A short poem I wrote in remembrance of those who perished:

Remembering my brothers and sisters who died in vain

And the selfless heroes who don’t get enough fame

Today was the day that caused much pain

God rest your soul it will never be the same

May justice prevail and expose what really happened that day

It’s the least we can do for those who past away

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Link

Centercut
    Participant

The Binch

Every U down in Uville liked U.S. a lot,
    But the Binch, who lived Far East of Uville, did not.
    The Binch hated U.S! the whole U.S. way!
    Now don't ask me why, for nobody can say,
    It could be his turban was screwed on too tight.
    Or the sun from the desert had beaten too bright
    But I think that the most likely reason of all
    May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

But, Whatever the reason, his heart or his turban,
    He stood facing Uville, the part that was urban.
    "They're doing their business," he snarled from his perch.
    "They're raising their families! They're going to church!
    They're leading the world, and their empire is thriving,
    I MUST keep the S's and U's from surviving!"

Tomorrow, he knew, all the U's and the S's,
    Would put on their pants and their shirts and their dresses,
    They'd go to their offices, playgrounds and schools,
    And abide by their U and S values and rules.

And then they'd do something he liked least of all,
    Every U down in U-ville, the tall and the small,
    Would stand all united, each U and each S,
    And they'd sing Uville's anthem, "God bless us! God bless!"
    All around their Twin Towers of Uville, they'd stand,
    and their voices would drown every sound in the land.

"I must stop that singing," Binch said with a smirk,
    And he had an idea–an idea that might work!
    The Binch stole some U airplanes in U morning hours,
    And crashed them right into the Uville Twin Towers.
    "They'll wake to disaster!" he snickered, so sour,
    "And how can they sing when they can't find a tower?"

The Binch cocked his ear as they woke from their sleeping,
    All set to enjoy their U-wailing and weeping,
    Instead he heard something that started quite low,
    And it built up quite slow, but it started to grow–
    And the Binch heard the most unpredictable thing…
    And he couldn't believe it–they started to sing!

He stared down at U-ville, not trusting his eyes,
    What he saw was a shocking, disgusting surprise!
    Every U down in U-ville, the tall and the small,
    Was singing! Without any towers at all!
    He HADN'T stopped U-Ville from singing! It sung!
    For down deep in the hearts of the old and the young,
    Those Twin Towers were standing, called Hope and called Pride,
    And you can't smash the towers we hold deep inside.

So we circle the sites where our heroes did fall,
    With a hand in each hand of the tall and the small,
    And we mourn for our losses while knowing we'll cope,
    For we still have inside that U-Pride and U-Hope.

For America means a bit more than tall towers,
    It means more than wealth or political powers,
    It's more than our enemies ever could guess,
    So may God bless America! Bless us! God bless!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.