80 Shots after 8 Months

Tonight was a very good night. Today a new friend from work brought in a Joe Brancado CF bottle filled to 4500 psi and which he no longer uses, giving it to me on loan so it wouldn't just be "sittin' around my shop takin' up space I need for my firearms." A 20-second connection to my M-rod and the gauges (gun and bottle) read right on 3000 psi so I began shooting Baracuda 10.65 pellets just to see how it shot. 80 shots later (the latter 60 using Crosman CPUM from the brown box) and the POI was still consistent with my POA while the gauge read 1600 psi. Beauty! I'm pretty sure I could have wrung one more mag of 10 shots out of it without catastrophic effect on the accuracy but time ran out.

That shooting session was the culmination of months and months of waiting. I was unemployed for almost 8 months and was scrimping and scraping just for pellets the first half of this year. I did manage one really substantial buy from a forum friend - $140! For 8 months the Good Lord went before me and My Treasure, providing money unlooked for and remarkable discounts and deals unexpected. This year has been a season of plenty and peace for my entire family - and now I am working in a great job and have the one PCP I've wanted since I became aware of the breed. He knows what He's talking about when He talks about "my cup overflows!"

Looks like My Treasure has already booked up "our" weekend ahead so no full-on testing, tweaking, and targeting for me. Nonetheless I am smiling as I write this, wondering if my M-rod will hold the 1600 psi overnight and thinking about further adjustments to the hammer pre-load, stroke length, and even backing out the air portal restrictor screw another 1/2 turn, just to see how all that affects 50 yard shots. Loving the Sport and Blessed in the Lord! Doesn't get any better'n that.

Sounds pretty good. Great to hear you got a tank. That will probably be something I get pretty soon. Went out and shot my new Marauder last night. Pumped it up to the full 3000, and shot it down to 1800. Not sure of shots, but at least 70 and probably closer to 80. Maybe next weekend or so I will get the time to do the all out testing you mention. Shot velocity curve, sidewheel calibrations, Hold over/under at the various ranges. Oh the fun of shooting!!!

I will let you know when I get the field targets out and set them up. Maybe you can swing down to Terre Haute and try them out with us. 

Keep up the good shooting.

Ahhh yes Ironlion, there are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle … no rhyme or reason to anything … all just happenstance … just the way the cookie crumbles. The other way is to live as though everything is a miracle, that everything happens for a reason, they may be ordinary miracles, but miracles none the less, and they leave us feeling loved and cared for and blessed. I know that in my own life there have been many times when Adonai has just knocked my socks off with His generosity. Counting my blessings and being real about it is something that draws me near to Yeshua. Religion is for the person who wants to go to heaven, Spirituality and walking with Adonai is for the person who has been to hell and doesn't want to go back there.

Shalom aleichem

Peace be with you

Round Two with the Marauder tonight. 3000 psi down to 1450 psi, 90 shots. Again, the first 80 were very consistent in their respective POIs while the last 10 started to wander just a bit at 25 meters. Crosman pellets at 7.4 gr and 7.9 gr did not do all that well when compared to the single ragged hole I got with H&N's 9.57 gr Baracuda Hunter pellets. I'll do more testing with the Crosman 10.6 gr domed pellets in the brown box as well as H&N's Baracuda at 10.65 gr. Hoping to find out if the hardness of the Crosman pellets is a problem for the choked barrel as opposed to the pure lead of the H&Ns; it may just be a matter of pellet weight and the way I've got the gun set up right now.

So many possibilities and time is at a premium these days. Thank the Good Lord for quiet airguns and a backyard in which to shoot.