$80 Accu-Tac Ninja Conversion

Forums Other Parts, Accessories, & Equipment $80 Accu-Tac Ninja Conversion

• Views : 611
  • Link

mtnGhost
    Participant

I've been hunting with my SR5-G2 bipod off of tree stumps and random slippery stuff in the old growth forests here in the PNW. The rubber feet do about as good of a job as they can, but I had to take the plunge and get a better foundation for stability. 

Now, i shouldn't have any concerns about the legs slipping:

Those spikes are about as serious as they look. I could probably turn one of the legs 180 degrees and have a giant throwing spike that would probably stick in a granite rock if ai needed it to 😂  

I'm going to have to re-think how I transport them in the field though.. there's no way I'm carrying that in my cargo leg pockets now!

Link

dodge3500
    Participant

Lol no doubt. 

Link

kayaker
    Participant

That's a nice setup you have , maybe try those magnet covers for the end of foster fittings but you have a backup in case you run out of pellets lol

Link

biohazardman
    Participant

Those things look really mean!  Like ouch if you get in their way for sure.  I would bet they will give you the stability on most, hopefully inanimate, objects that you are after though. I'm in the PNW too so be sure you don't poke me with those things.

Link

Airgun-hobbyist
    Participant

Wow, those feet could use a set of shoes!  Here's a great Klein product that I use to protect the gear and tools in my drag bag at work, that with a little bending modification will snap right on and off of those feet.

https://www.amazon.com/Snap-Guard-Klein-Tools-1972G/dp/B00093DBPE/ref=asc_df_B00093DBPE/

Link

Str8tshooter
    Participant

Airgun-hobbyist

Wow, those feet could use a set of shoes!  Here's a great Klein product that I use to protect the gear and tools in my drag bag at work, that with a little bending modification will snap right on and off of those feet.

https://www.amazon.com/Snap-Guard-Klein-Tools-1972G/dp/B00093DBPE/ref=asc_df_B00093DBPE/

Right on, I have been using those gaff guards for over 30 years  😉

Link

mtnGhost
    Participant

Airgun-hobbyist

Nice 👍 I need to order some of those. I stole some of my guards from my mountaineering axes, but the retail on them is stupid:

Little things like that manage to grow legs and disappear on me. I'm thinking about maybe trying to make a thermoplastic sheath that I can holster to the front of my hunting pack's straps, but those legs are shaped pretty narly so I might just get a few if those Kleins 🤔

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.