• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

75/100 yards RAW .25 (warning wind was involved)

"DrippinLead"Ken, What FPS are you shooting the heavies? Are you shooting MKII's with Polygon barrel? It is really fun to hear and see you adjusting for wind!

Thanks fellows, glad you enjoy my ramblings lol!!
this is a customers rifle that i ordered. As a courtesy i fine tune the rifle, supply chrony print out, and make the video. Oh! Regular heavies for this gun!

fps may vary because every rifle is different, it usually 58-60 fpe. I tune for optimal accuracy and shot count. 
91a45485963d24ad9f98376559e696e2.jpg

Here is the tune package that ships with the rifle when i am done.

Now that I have had a few days to shoot my new RAW, purchased through Ken Hicks as seen in the video above, I thought I would share my delight with the gun and the reason I ordered it from Ken (because the gun has a beautiful red laminated stock I named her “Lucille”). I met Ken at last years EBR in Mesa and watched him win the 25m event. He is truly one of our best air gun marksmen and is so dedicated to the sport he built his own certified range at his home with eight concrete shooting benches.

I originally ordered the new .25 caliber RAW HM1000x LRT with the polygon barrel from another dealer. Right after last year’s EBR, RAW terminated their relationship with the dealer giving me the opportunity to switch my order to Ken. I own a RAW .30 caliber and know how accurate these guns are straight from the factory. However, having the gun fine-tuned by an expert can elevated the accuracy to a higher level. Knowing that Ken will tune any RAW he sells at no charge (other than the additional shipping cost) I jumped at the opportunity to buy the gun through him.

I shot this 75 yard target yesterday, which is the same measurement as the inner circle of EBR’s official target; the #9 ring is 1” and the #10 ring is 7/16”. EBR scores the target using a .35 caliber plug; 18 targets scored 10, and 7 targets scored a 9. This is under ideal conditions using washed sorted 39.95gr JSB King Heavy pellets. I will never be as good of a shot as Ken or most of you, but I’m absolutely confident that if I miss it’s not Lucille’s fault.

0dc7d9c7ba3d050c674b9c7f2fd8c0b7.jpg