62 yards for 250$ I'll take it!

So I'm sure you've probably seen me post about this gun before but today I took it out to do some practice. I had just got home from work and had a few hours before the Sun went down and decided to take practice shots in the wind at longer ranges to practice for pesting. I only got to take the shots you see here before the wife grabbed me to do other stuff ??. Anyways I was really impressed not so much by its accuracy but the data I used to take the shot. I finished up working out all the data even my own BC for this to be as accurate as possible and it paid off! I ranged at 62 and Strelok said 5.95MOA so I adjusted and took shots. Pretty exciting moment to realize my data is correct and all i have to do is practice windage. Coming from a .25cal these 10.34g dont buck even a baby whisper let alone wind so I'll tune in eventually! 

PS: First 5 were off shooting sticks until i realized I was actually dialed perfect and pulled the bag out to lay prone. Lol (only 4 on last one bc I have a 9 shot mag) 
1529620888_158261235b2c29981de005.01579093_AIPhotoEditor-20180621183435.jpg

Great ! .177 is the airgun cal. , it really allows you to learn to dope wind which will apply to all shooting, now you just need a "knob of death" style scope knob ( & A/O scope naturally) . Once you need only the scope to dial in it is so much eaiser to apply directly to target.

In some rifles for some reason beyond me but I've seen it many times, the JSB 8.4g actually buck wind better at 50+ than the 10.3g. Might be woirth trying if there easily available.

John

Thanks guys! And @spysir what do you mean knob of death ? My scope is SF from 10 yard parallax out to 500 if this is what your referring too. I use it to range but I'm not accurate with it and I pull out the old laser range finder lol. As far as other pellets I'd safely say I tried as many as I think I could given my wallet lol. I think they buck wind better due to their shape maybe they have a better terminal BC than the stretched 10.34g Im not sure either. but I consistently use MOA for adjustment now instead of MILS hold overs. In hunting situations I'm much more accurate and that's what counts most in .177 there's no forgiveness lol. I think that dialing in may take more time but its worth it in my experience. Thanks for info!

@Marcos Yes I think I messed up getting a .25cal to start solely because it was "too forgiving" in my errors and they commonly went unnoticed. I am at a point where I truly enjoy my .177 better than my .25 just due to the challenge factor I assume. I mean Matt Duber shot his .177 accurately out to 120 yards ! But that guys a freak of nature with an air rifle lol. I truly believe that using .177's strictly for a while has made me a much much better shooter and now that I have been at this for a few years (air rifles in general that is) I have improved so much in my accuracy and hold departments. I can't get enough of these things especially the Xisico, I am telling you these rifles are truly amazing.

1529755960_3795235645b2e393804c030.84693233_shot count.PNG