6000 psi nitrogen

Just this morning I talked to my gas dealer that I have a lifetime bottle lease with. He called his supplier to see about availability and price. I would have to sign a special contract good for 1 year at a time. The N costs $150 for a 6000pdi bottle that is about 4 1/2 feet tall. I forgot what the actual size is called. The contract is $200 per year. Roughly a buck a day. Still will need a regulator setup and a fill hose. Kinda steep, but still cheaper than a compressor and little nurse bottle. Local fire dept. only charges their SCBA tanks to 2000 psi. Dive shop is 60 miles one way from me. I guess I will pump my gun up by hand until I hit it big at the riverboat.

If I could get nitrogen that cheap I would do it in a heart beat,
I was paying 45 bucks to get my great white filled to 4500 psi with air, of course time I got home it would read 4200 psi..
I looked into nitrogen before buying my Sheldon compressor and it was like 200 month rent and 75 dollar a month refill rather I needed or not..
Sure do like my Sheldon compressor,
Mike

Another factor in favor of a compressor over renting nitrogen tanks is that after you factor the costs of the nitrogen tank rent and fill expenses you get nothing back when you finish. I think the residual value of a used Chinese compressor will be very little or nothing. However, if you purchase a Daystate, Nardi, Airetex, or Bauer, you can use it
for years and it will retain a large percentage of its original purchase price if you resell it. Let's equate this to air rifles. You can buy a Xisico springer for $150, use it for years and it will be worth little to nothing in resale. You can buy an FX, Daystate, Weihrauch, or other quality air rifle and get a large percentage of its original price back in
resale if you take care of it. Nitrogen is rent and fill expense, a compressor is buy and sell when you're done. The residual value of a good compressor is the factor many fail
to consider. My Bauer will serve me for years, and my resale market is not limited to air gunners because a Bauer is used for diving, paintball, and other applications as well. I even have owned the original Shoebox and a Shoebox Freedom 8 and was able to get back 90% of my investment after getting free fills for a year with each one.

Nitrogen is moisture free, but the air from a properly filtered compressor is very dry as well. Having a compressor gives you total freedom. The stock market has proven to be a loser before and will again. A compressor is a safer investment than todays market. LOL. Seriously though, nitrogen is dry and you will know what it costs right up front, but that is a yearly cost. A compressor is a one time cost. Yearly maintenance is pennies on a quality unit. If you plan to stay in the hobby, a compressor will pay for itself in more ways than one.

I have a volunteer fire dept a mere 1/4 mile from my house. They filled my tanks for free, but would only set the reg to 4500psi which once my tanks cooled, I would only have about 4100psi. I could also only get tanks filled when someone was available. Many times I had to wait till the next day to get air. A compressor solved all those problems and there are alot of compressors under $3000. I payed $1700 for my Shelden and it has proven to be my best investment in airgunning.

Scubajeeper, Jimmy AKA Camp Fussel, and I share a 6000 psi nitrogen tank. It is $100 a year rental and $150 for a refill. They come and swap out the tank when we call, If you figure the cost of a Bauer compressor at $4500 + it would take us 20 years to reach that price point sharing. At $50 a year and $75.00 ea when swapped we do fine. No moisture in our guns, and great at competitions like when at the Nationals with the horrible rain we had. Many folks had issues with their guns from various moisture problems.
Not all related to internal of course Just something to think about...

I just got a 6000psi nitrogen tank that is 497 cu ft. $55 per year to lease and $110 per fill. With that much pressure and that much volume, I don't think I'll need more than two or three fills a year. The big plus is that they'll deliver it. Those things are HEAVY! One needs a hose assembly to connect the 6000psi tank to a carbon fiber tank or riffle. Got one from Joe B. for $189. He sells one with a regulator for over $400. I've filled my 200cc rifle reserve right from the unregulated hose assembly and it was fine. It's very easy to control the flow of air. No need to get the expensive regulated one.