60 yd benchmark group for .177 Polymag "Shorts" (JSB). (Or any hollow point ).

For those interested in the latest short magazine version of the Polymag .177 or state of the art hollow points ( Travels4fun, Dave, Ted ).
After shooting a number of .35 to .40 in 50 yd groups yesterday afternoon, I shot just this one 5 shot group at 60 yards.
The range and the group. The coin is a nickle.

There was a slight 1:30 o'clock breeze.
RAW TM 1000 rifle. What may interest the hunters here is that it was shot at 16.7 fpe and 970 fps.​The pellets weigh 8.02 gr.
This is pretty much match accuracy in my books. CTC 0.60 inches is MOA at 60 yd outdoors. 
Hope these pics show as I am still getting acquainted with this new Tablet at the farm.
Kind regards, Harry.

Dave, for this TM 1000, I size pellet heads to approx 4.47 mm or 0.176 in, skirts to 4.52mm. The barrel is the original LW.
That may sound odd to many here. Velocity drops about 10 fps. But that is all another story for some other time.
Great to see you looking up and onwards. Remember - Someone to love, something to do today, something to look forward to!
Best regards, Harry.

Reactions: cubo
Thanks for posting Harry, I always see your postings as something to aim for myself! 

My 50 yard groups average <0.5" now but any further and they start to spread slightly out of proportion. 

I I asked a question in a thread of my own but don't think anyone answered it... When shooting long range groups, such at 100yards, do you adjust your aim point each shot to account for changing wind conditions or do you wait for the conditions to be as close as possible to what they were when you too the shot?

thanks 

"Ben10"Thanks for posting Harry, I always see your postings as something to aim for myself! 

My 50 yard groups average <0.5" now but any further and they start to spread slightly out of proportion. 

I I asked a question in a thread of my own but don't think anyone answered it... When shooting long range groups, such at 100yards, do you adjust your aim point each shot to account for changing wind conditions or do you wait for the conditions to be as close as possible to what they were when you too the shot?

thanks
Both methods will work Ben. Used with wind indicators/flags the second is the method of choice but the first can work well too if there is enough experience for example on a home range.
Both of the groups shown above were shot using the second method, though the second group shows that I could have judged the wind strength a little better for a blue ribbon effort. In any case the results are beyond what most would expect from hollow point pellets. .... Kr, Harry.